No exciting covenant abilities

Not usually one to jump on the poor me bandwagon because im happy with Shaman atm but is it just me or are there no interesting or exciting sounding covenant abilities compared to all the other classes who have at least one?

I realize the Night Fae ability hasnt been shown yet so heres hoping...

I agree they all seem so bland. They're all just deal X damage or heal X amount with no affect to play around or modification of abilities.

I think it's probably because shaman's a healer, it seems like the healing classes need their abilities to be the most generic (admittedly the shamans seem especially generic).
    The abilities are all clearly designed around damage first so classes with a healing spec get 'oh and it like also heals for x or some shit I don't know' tacked on.

The necro one seems pretty similar to the pally Kyrian ability so that should be fun to play around with.
    Last edited by todzilla85; 2020-04-27 at 07:14 PM.

They're okay but basically all of them being AoE / Multi target is kinda weird.

I mean, if you're doing PvP, what would you pick?
    The Necrolord may be the least worst one, but it's only decent for just pushing damage, not killing a target.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-04-27 at 07:22 PM.

Wasn't night fae datamined to be the transfusion thingy? Which is really uninteresting.

I think there is only the necrolord one that feels just slightly interesting because it interacts with something... But even then it's pretty generic. Just read it back and now I notice it actually puts flame shock on all targets which then spreads lightning bolt / lava burst on all targets. I thought it meant flame shock spreading was coming back and it would play with that. Guess not... That it's kinda much less interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    Wasn't night fae datamined to be the transfusion thingy? Which is really uninteresting.

I think there is only the necrolord one that feels just slightly interesting because it interacts with something... But even then it's pretty generic. Just read it back and now I notice it actually puts flame shock on all targets which then spreads lightning bolt / lava burst on all targets. I thought it meant flame shock spreading was coming back and it would play with that. Guess not... That it's kinda much less interesting.
    I understand the ability as it only puts Flame Shock in the Target, which the Primordal Wave ist castet on. So you only have one more Flame Shock to spread. Unfortunately it only works with Lava Burst for ele and Lightning Bolt for enh. Echoing Shock + Stormkeeper Lightning Bolt would have been a nice combo and probably nice to press
    Maybe when Lava Burst starts working with Echoing Shock it can have some potential

I'd like to have the primordial wave from necrolords as an elemental shaman, but all other aspects are telling me to choose Night Fae I guess it all depends how transmog will work when you switch covenants, might unlock everything on night fae, then go to necrolords?

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    I'd like to have the primordial wave from necrolords as an elemental shaman, but all other aspects are telling me to choose Night Fae I guess it all depends how transmog will work when you switch covenants, might unlock everything on night fae, then go to necrolords?

did a thorgast run as a night fae enhancement shaman, that speel is great! still the vesper totem of the kyrian in easier to use and did not ask to have 4 target to be optimal.