Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Need help with dps

Hey guys, I have been having an issue where my melee does more damage than my annihilation and death sweep. While I'm doing 2mill on each, gulkdies are going at 4 to 5 mill in death sweep or annihilation. What am I doing wrong? I try to use use demon bite 2 to 3 times before going in on the other two spells. Am I not in meta enough?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=22

General
    You died
    You aren't well fed
    You aren't runed
    You didn't pot
    You arent flasked

Quick comparison to other DH on the fight
    ~Your haste seems unusually low compared to high performers on the fight, which I would wager is what leads you to having ~1 less meta then they are
    ~You have neither of the 'good' trinkets (one of which is a haste buff)
    ~For whatever reason you're using demons bite way more then they are like 20ish gcds more.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeznuts View Post
    Hey guys, I have been having an issue where my melee does more damage than my annihilation and death sweep. While I'm doing 2mill on each, gulkdies are going at 4 to 5 mill in death sweep or annihilation. What am I doing wrong? I try to use use demon bite 2 to 3 times before going in on the other two spells. Am I not in meta enough?

Hey bud, hope this helps a little bit. Great resource to get you on track before you start to fine tune.

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/XMJTK...edeez/standard

Wow, not to toot my own horn or anything but I'm impressed I got most of what the analyser did and I don't even raid on DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeznuts View Post

Let’s compare yours to mine. You cast Demons bite way too often. Probably over capping and just shitty at picking up souls. Also your trinkets are shit. What the hell are you casting fel eruption on Maut for??? Your opener is fucked up and it took you about six seconds to even get on the boss. Immo aura- demons bite- eye beam- blade dance- meta- eye beam- blade dance is your proper opener. Lots of wasted gcds which leads to less ability usage and your overuse of demons bite. Less chaos strikes mean less souls which mean less eye beam/blade dance/chaos trikes. Less haste from eye beam leads to less procs on infinite stars. Git gud. Need more haste, crit, and sockets on your gear and better Azerite head and shoulders

Yours: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mary&source=22

Mine:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...asts&source=70
    Last edited by Sinfelle; 2020-05-04 at 01:55 PM.

u both are wasting way too much fury

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Let’s compare yours to mine. You cast Demons bite way too often. Probably over capping and just shitty at picking up souls. Also your trinkets are shit. What the hell are you casting fel eruption on Maut for??? Your opener is fucked up and it took you about six seconds to even get on the boss. Immo aura- demons bite- eye beam- blade dance- meta- eye beam- blade dance is your proper opener. Lots of wasted gcds which leads to less ability usage and your overuse of demons bite. Less chaos strikes mean less souls which mean less eye beam/blade dance/chaos trikes. Less haste from eye beam leads to less procs on infinite stars. Git gud. Need more haste, crit, and sockets on your gear and better Azerite head and shoulders
    I made an account just to reply to this. You're 4/12M this far into the tier and talking down to others? You're not even good. Sure OP isn't the best but you are an ass hole. And you aren't even correct on the opener. After Meta you Death Sweep then Eye Beam, not Eye Beam then Death Sweep. Be kind to others.

Quote Originally Posted by holywhiskers View Post
    I made an account just to reply to this. You're 4/12M this far into the tier and talking down to others? You're not even good. Sure OP isn't the best but you are an ass hole. And you aren't even correct on the opener. After Meta you Death Sweep then Eye Beam, not Eye Beam then Death Sweep. Be kind to others.
    It also seems a bit silly - why would you cast meta while still in the mini meta from eye beam? WoW only stacks cooldown duration when you hardcast and THEN get procs, because a hardcast overwrites the proc.

Also thanks for calling our a dude who thinks FAR too highly of himself lol
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslock View Post
    Hey bud, hope this helps a little bit. Great resource to get you on track before you start to fine tune.

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/XMJTK...edeez/standard
    A better look is just using WCL's own compare to directly compare with the person doing the most damage in the same fight, in similar fight conditions. i.e. this.

*similar conditions:
    • Fight Length within x (default 10) seconds.
    • Raid size within x (default 2) players
    • Item level within (default 2) item levels
    • Time range of parses within x (default 28) days

You can, of course, narrow it more. But that link above is the default which gives you a decent view of the differences between that and OP:

Ability - OP : Other person
    Death Sweep 18 : 27
    Annihilation 30 : 40
    Eye Beam 7 : 9
    Chaos Strike 20 : 27
    Blade Dance 10 : 11
    Immo Aura 7 : 12

Fury Wasted
    Demon's Bite 253 : 0
    Apetite 630 : 5
    Immo Aura 94 : 19

So 2 minutes looking there you can see that the basic jist of things is that OP, you waste a lot of Fury, and from that you don't press anywhere as much fury spenders, especially the likes of BD/DS which you need to be using on cooldown.

tl;dr the basics of the class.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-05-05 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    It also seems a bit silly - why would you cast meta while still in the mini meta from eye beam? WoW only stacks cooldown duration when you hardcast and THEN get procs, because a hardcast overwrites the proc.

Also thanks for calling our a dude who thinks FAR too highly of himself lol
    The Furious Gaze duration stacks up even if the first meta's Eye Beam does not add to Meta+2nd Eye Beam. Opener is, pre-pull Immo, DB, CLF, EB, DS, Meta, DS, EB, follow rotation

The Furious Gaze duration stacks up even if the first meta's Eye Beam does not add to Meta+2nd Eye Beam. Opener is, pre-pull Immo, DB, CLF, EB, DS, Meta, DS, EB, follow rotation
    Ahh ok, Furious gaze haste boost is bigger than the DPS increase from Meta over the same time period. Makes sense.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Ahh ok, Furious gaze haste boost is bigger than the DPS increase from Meta over the same time period. Makes sense.
    I actually just checked to be certain but Demonic Eye Beam isn't really a "proc." Before a key starts you Eye Beam and Meta as a pretimer hits 0 and you get the 8 Demonic seconds + Meta time together. I know for instance a VoP Wings proc on Paladin, if you cast wings during it you essentially "eat" the proc time. But Demonic works differently. You get the duration of the first Demonic even when you Meta before its over.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The real joke here is that a DH player who doesn't even understand the basics of playing a DH can still bust out 68k DPS and out dps half the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    The real joke here is that a DH player who doesn't even understand the basics of playing a DH can still bust out 68k DPS and out dps half the raid.
    Low skill floor, high skill ceiling. Get over it. Troll somewhere else. No DPS spec in this game is "hard."

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Corruption is also doing 20% of the work lmao

Actually you want to CLF after the 1st Eye Beam since CLF will benefit from the haste more , a minor thing but still

And lastly , you do not waste the meta duration from the Eye Beam into Metamorphosis , it adds up , thats why you Eye Beam->Meta in m+ before someone is entering the key .
    Last edited by pitakos; 2020-05-05 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    Corruption is also doing 20% of the work lmao
    Going to be nice just to see it gone and people not relying on this pitiful system to look good.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Deeznuts

Just to add to holywhiskers great advise, don't immo like wayyy before boss pull. Pulls reset fury. Do it like right at or 2 secs before if latency is an issue.

Mind you this is not the case with dungeon bosses. They do not reset fury so fill away.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

We’re 10/12M. This is and alt who hasn’t raided mythic in months. Calm down junior, it’s fucking funny

Shape up or ship out son