View Poll Results: Best MMO on the market?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • World of Warcraft

65 52.00%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

37 29.60%
  • Guild Wars 2

7 5.60%
  • The Elder Scrolls Online

6 4.80%
  • TERA

0 0%
  • Rift

0 0%
  • Everquest

5 4.00%
  • Runescape

1 0.80%
  • Black Desert Online

3 2.40%
  • Blade and Soul

1 0.80%

Thread: Best MMO

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    hmm i cant tell if this is someone trying to be an extremly obvious troll or a subtle one,for people who dont know wildstar had one of the worst dev teams of any triple A mmo's,they completly droped the ball with wildstar,plenty of info online about them talking about the nighmare that whent on inside with the team
    That is fine, but allow me to mention that in Wildstar you could be a magic, space, cowboy. With this in mind I maintain that I'm neither an obvious or a subtle troll when I make the objectively correct point that Wildstar was the greatest MMO ever to grace the market with it's existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Objectively. If wildstar was the best mmo people would have played it. The graphics where to childish for me and mines tastes
    People clearly were not ready for such a masterpiece, if I were to guess I'd say that most simply could not believe Wildstar was real, like a mirage, a farta morgana caused by thirst from the absolute desert that is the MMO market. Wildstar was the oasis the market needed, just not the one it deserved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Wildstar problem was, they went full retard with the "hardcore" stuff and big surpirse, guilds had troubles getting people if someone left/was poached because NOT everyone was as hardcore as they thought
    See immediately you've lost me and any other reasonable reader by implying that Wildstar, to reiterate the greatest MMO of all time, had "problems", which is clearly a mistake I'm sure.
    Last edited by LarryFromHumanResources; 2020-05-08 at 06:50 AM.
    Attention all members of staff, corporate asks that in these trying pandemic times we stay safe and avoid spreading the virus, therefore please remain at your desks at all times, you ARE allowed to contact friends and family using company phones, but you must always maintain productivity. Leaving your desk will result in a written warning, and leaving the office will result in immediate termination.

Nostalgia: Everquest. First MMO I ever played and made some great friends that carried on well into my WoW years.
    Current: WoW. It was never perfect (no, not even in BC/Wrath), but I've always found something to enjoy while playing it, so it's justified my sub for 12+ years now.
    Honorable Mention: Star Wars Galaxies. My favorite crafting system in any MMO I've tried. SO complex and almost guaranteed that nobody would ever craft the same exact item as you ever. The Jump to Lightspeed expansion scratched the space battle itch I had on top of it, also allowing crafters to build space ships. Anything from single-seaters to group ships. I miss it dearly and was sad when I read that the emu group I was following the progress of decided that JTL was too complex for them to replicate.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    That is fine, but allow me to mention that in Wildstar you could be a magic, space, cowboy. With this in mind I maintain that I'm neither an obvious or a subtle troll when I make the objectively correct point that Wildstar was the greatest MMO ever to grace the market with it's existence.

- - - Updated - - -

People clearly were not ready for such a masterpiece, if I were to guess I'd say that most simply could not believe Wildstar was real, like a mirage, a farta morgana caused by thirst from the absolute desert that is the MMO market. Wildstar was the oasis the market needed, just not the one it deserved.

- - - Updated - - -

See immediately you've lost me and any other reasonable reader by implying that Wildstar, to reiterate the greatest MMO of all time, had "problems", which is clearly a mistake I'm sure.
    wildstar was great yes,had some nice ideas and concepts,proly the best player house,but the fact is....it was a disaster made by the devs

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    People never really started playing it. The feel and look of the game just wasnt in peoples tastes. Otherwise it would have had more players at some point in its cycle
    Got ya. I did like the way they did their questing and the story. I couldn't ever pick weapons I really liked

I will rate in order of their strongest points.

Immersion & story: ESO

Instanced content: FF14

Combat: BDO

If I didn't mention it, its because the game is trash and has no redeeming qualities.