Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you consider yourself good at Video Games?

im good at some and bad at others.

Yes.

I get motion sickness from FPS-games, but in the time that I can spend in those, I'm a reliable player. It's just always been that way, I deep dive into games that I play, no half-measures.

I expect age to stand in the way one day though, reflexes and eyesight etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think of games like that. Sorry.

Not into competitive games anymore. Used to do high end raiding back in the day, now I just play WoW casually.

For other games, I usually tune the difficulty to the lowest setting and just enjoy the narrative, art and music. I love games with a cinematic approach where choices matter. Heavy Rain was the first game that got me into that "genre".

I also love playing Animal Crossing. Collect and design games are a thing I enjoy
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-06-04 at 11:39 PM.

I'm decent, I think. In most MP games I'm solidly middle of the pack, sometimes a bit below, and in SP games I tend to play on the hardest or second-hardest difficulty. I do (well, did, schedule and all) Mythic raids in WoW, finish fairly hard games like Doom Eternal on Nightmare, and passed through Dark Souls or Sekiro without any significant incident. Albeit I'm less into punishing difficulty than when I was 18-20, where I did shit like soloing Dragon Age Origins on Nightmare, with a difficulty increasing mod for most of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say pretty good, but not always.

I have never liked competitive games. In fact, I dislike most of them. I just give them a solid shot if friends want to play, but I will never play steadily in a match-up based game (CoD, Fortnite, Gears of War all come to mind).

When it comes to single player, if I like the game enough, I tend to over achieve. We're talking finishing all the riddles in Arkham Knight and killing Zoltun Kulle 500 times in Diablo III for a trophy. I just like examining patterns and figuring out reliable strategies, something you cannot do with human opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Not into competitive games anymore. Used to do high end raiding back in the day, now I just play WoW casually.

For other games, I usually tune the difficulty to the lowest setting and just enjoy the narrative, art and music. I love games with a cinematic approach where choices matter. Heavy Rain was the first game that got me into that "genre".

I also love playing Animal Crossing. Collect and design games are a thing I enjoy
    Omg Heavy Rain and Beyon Two Souls are launching on steam this month. Might re-play them.

Depends on the genre, I am not terribly good at FPS games, though I have grown fond of Call of Duty: WW2 multiplayer, after getting it as a PS+ freebie this month.

But genres like MMOs, spectacle fighters, third person open world games like gta, rdr etc and strategy games, I find that I am quite good at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but that doesn't mean "perfection."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Naw. I put a lot of time into fighters but theres always this feeling like the average person would be much better than me if they put in the same number of hours as me.

i think there are a lot of people like me that are bad and gravitate to single player games like dark souls or nioh that dont demand any actual skill but reward a will to learn and some patience, and get a nice meditative and almost relaxing experience out of them for that.

3+ Year Old Account
    Sure, why not. I've been playing video games ever since I saw my mother player Super Mario Bros. 3 when I was around 3 or so, and I've beaten several games on my own without the aid of other people
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I'm good at WoW, was good at Runescape and DotA when I played those 10-15 years ago.

I'm generally pretty bad at FPS.

I am rubbish at video games.

the only thing hardcore about me is how much i relate to this

but i love video games anyways, so.. /shrug

yeah i guess, always been playing hardest difficulty and still find it super easy.

I might suck at RTSes either because im bad at them or I don't follow some super strats or I just don't like that genere.
    But FPS, RPG and platform games im pretty good at.

Yes.

I was in a top 100 guild in Cata at 18. Since then I've been Diamond+ (~top 5%) in League of Legends, Hot,s, Overwatch, CSGO, TFT and still am a CE raider/high io wow player (3.5k end of Legion, just 2.5k right now, mostly raid logging so far this patch).

I've beat and enjoy all the Soulsborne games no summons, play solo player games on the Hard or higher difficulty depending on the game.

Generally if I sink time into a multi-player/high skill cap game I become pretty exceptional, L4D2 and Vermintide as not necessarily competitive but very high skill cap games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Less and less. I don't know if it's just getting older or apathy but I'm generally just not as good at any game as I used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: No.

Long answer:I usually hate competitive games and I cannot master them if my life depended on it. Also I am good at some bad at others. My favorite series is Zelda(I know, shocking and original) And I usually pretty good at those. RPGs too, I love doing wacky combos that don't really work at first but breaks the game later, I consider myself good at them too. But multiplayer games? Man, I am bad, that includes WoW, though I am decent at tanking.

But hey, I don't play games to be good at them. I play to have fun.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Good enough I say.

I consider myself above average by a fair margin but I'm by no means an elite player.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't I'm good or bad, but competent. I'm comfortable with the way games way and have to hand/eye coordination to play them at a comfortable level.

Resident Cosplay Progressive