Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I'm talking about Skripals.
    While you also mentioned Chernobyl and I think it’s important to compare.

Meh, this thread is a waste of time, mods ignore nation bashing when it comes to Russia...
    If you think discussion of Putin’s action or policy is nation bashing, how do you feel about Russia bashing US for the majority of their news cycle, instead of discussing your own people suffering? Why is the metric for Russian success, the failures of US? Can you explain to me, how the people dying in their homes, being ignored by your government... is made better by your news focusing on US failures and Trump’s intellect?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it was the Vodka that magically protected them from the deadliest chemical WMD around?...
    I think it’s funny that Russia has gay depictions in media, limited to protect the children. But, when poisoning people in UK, they were airing two man vacationing together. Because they enjoy the architecture... I think that’s fucking funny...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I see, i assumed that if i put them in different paragraphs people would read them as such. Allow me to further clarify, i am stating that Russia is hurting economically due to their biggest contributors being hurt right now and i am stating that a public outburst is unlikely as the information is controlled, now what kind of propaganda story is currently floating around i don't know as i tend to stay away from such sources.

There is enough propaganda here from the Kremlin that i don't need to actually watch Russian news, https://euvsdisinfo.eu/eeas-special-...te-2-22-april/
    Dude, I have seen on Russian media people being angry, just one example below, it's not hidden, you just say so to bash Russia, if you want to see countries pretending nothing is wrong, go to Belarus & Sweden...
    https://www.rt.com/russia/486351-vla...kdown-protest/

I'm talking about Skripals.

Meh, this thread is a waste of time, mods ignore nation bashing when it comes to Russia...

- - - Updated - - -

Skripals are alive.

Maybe it was the Vodka that magically protected them from the deadliest chemical WMD around?...
    So... you are defending an attempted assassination. Thanks for admitting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, I have seen on Russian media people being angry, just one example below, it's not hidden, you just say so to bash Russia, if you want to see countries pretending nothing is wrong, go to Belarus & Sweden...
    Could you link that same article in Russian? I want to read that...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Having criticism against the Kremlin and the political leaders is not nation bashing, if you are incapable of telling the nation apart from its corrupt leaders i truly feel sorry for you.

Sorry i don't read RT, as i stated before Kremlin funded and sanctioned news are of no interest to me when other sources that promote critical thinking are available.
    I am aware of both White Russia and Sweden, nowhere did i state that Russia is acting that nothing is wrong, are they doing that since you bring that up? Putin failed at acting correctly initially but has ramped up measures since.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't fall on pelonium laced bullets. Those things are just laying around everywhere in Russia, I hear.

Though I've actually legit not really looked into how Russia is handling the coronavirus and now I'm kinda curious.
    I think the only guarantee is that whatever information comes out about how Russia is handling the situation won't be accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having criticism against the Kremlin and the political leaders is not nation bashing, if you are incapable of telling the nation apart from its corrupt leaders i truly feel sorry for you.

Sorry i don't read RT, as i stated before Kremlin funded and sanctioned news are of no interest to me when other sources that promote critical thinking are available.
    I am aware of both White Russia and Sweden, nowhere did i state that Russia is acting that nothing is wrong, are they doing that since you bring that up? Putin failed at acting correctly initially but has ramped up measures since.
    Until he links a similar article in Russian, I will assume that article is just disinformation of the West. Don’t trust Russian articles in English, to be the same in Russian.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Until he links a similar article in Russian, I will assume that article is just disinformation of the West. Don’t trust Russian articles in English, to be the same in Russian.
    I don't understand why u no can google, why u want a specific protest linked in ruski, when u could google generally for protests in russia

But fine
    https://ria.ru/20200422/1570397492.html

Couldn't be bothered with this thread more, bb

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you mean disinformation for the west instead when speaking of RT?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you mean disinformation for the west instead when speaking of RT?
    I’m not sure of the proper way to say it, but yes... as an example, there are some differences between the two articles.

The one in Russian, didn’t blame an opera singer, nor did even mention Covid. They also went into more detail of the actual clash with cops, while calling this a protest against local government. There is a link to a covid article in the middle, saying that a part of Russia is ready for an increase in numbers.

Again, according to the article in Russian, this was a protest against local government. It does not mention covid... while the English version, blamed it on covid protest.

I don't understand why u no can google, why u want a specific protest linked in ruski, when u could google generally for protests in russia

But fine
    https://ria.ru/20200422/1570397492.html

Couldn't be bothered with this thread more, bb
    Why does the article in English blame the protest on covid, while the one in Russian on local government? The one in Russian, doesn’t even mention covid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not sure of the proper way to say it, but yes... as an example, there are some differences between the two articles.

The one in Russian, didn’t blame an opera singer, nor did even mention Covid. They also went into more detail of the actual clash with cops, while calling this a protest against local government. There is a link to a covid article in the middle, saying that a part of Russia is ready for an increase in numbers.

Again, according to the article in Russian, this was a protest against local government. It does not mention covid... while the English version, blamed it on covid protest.
    Well let's put grammar mistakes on my end aside.

And good to know, so what took place is reported on by both but the actual motives are twisted to fit their narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    And good to know, so what took place is reported on by both but the actual motives are twisted to fit their narrative.
    Yeah, West gets one story in English, Russia gets a different version in Russian.

Not to say there might not be an article someone finds in Russian, but if this is the best someone disagreeing can do... I’m not inclined to spend even more time trying to prove my self wrong.

Lol plz stop ridiculing yourself, we are talking science, not news reports that allegedly something was used n that it allegedly stuck around for weeks.

Now, again, when were they exposed, how long until they got said medicine, n why did you have medicine nearby in the first place? You think u can get hit by something deadier than VX gas n not die with no help for hours? Seems like a shitty chemical WMD if its targets have time to get meds.

did they wear any protective gear? No.
    Hey now, don't blame the UK because your guys somehow managed to screw up murdering unsuspecting people with your own deadly nerve agent.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Please.

You know when this shit happened? When this was no longer possible to simply deny and obfuscate.

They spent whole March on TV giggling about how this is a West problem and barely a peep about what's going on at home, when the shit was already ravaging the country. Par the course really, every time I happen to pick Channel 1 news, it felt like it's Ukraine/EU/US/Syria news for a good half an hour and then a token 10 minutes about how Putin's dick is big and thick and, our weapons and missiles are stronk and then some offtopic "news".

Only as of late they started actually reporting this, because the shit really could not be covered up or ignored any longer.

In this regard Russia is pretty much same shit as China - obfuscate, lie and dis inform the population until the thing blows over or you have no choice but to admit and try to paint a brave front about it.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, normal people know what's what pretty well.

Russian news are simply not trusted by younger generations, people are not stupid. Of course you have the usual loyalists (vatniks) and simply useful idiots, but overall people know very well what's what - it's just they also know to keep their mouth shut, because human life in Russia is pretty damn cheap and excessive yapping can lead to dire personal consequences.

Older generations are well "trained" already thanks to Soviet legacy, younger people are the troublemakers and Russia spares no resources to try to restrict and control their access to information, as well as track dissent.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the topic itself - said oligarchy will survive just about anything but Nuclear War. If worse comes to worst - they can simply push Putin aside and crown some other guy there instead, while selling the whole thing to the unwashed masses.

Putin seems like he's almighty, but that is not quite true - he's there only as long as his pals are well fed. It's like a real-world rendition of Dune - you can do whatever the fuck you want as long as spice flows. That's the "agreement" between Putin and his cronies.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Petrol industry is suffering.

Russia's other major export industry is also suffering from Covid setbacks.

Russian Arms Production Slowed by Coronavirus

Many Russian arms factories are slowing their production amid the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a report from geospatial analytics company Orbital Insight, obtained exclusively by Defense One. The revelations further undermine Moscow’s attempts to project an image of a government in control of the coronavirus outbreak in its country.
    Among the affected firms:
    Salyut, which makes parts for Russia’s Su-27 and China’s Chengdu J-10 fighter jets, has 2,000 fewer people in the factory, as indicated by cell phone pings.
    Uralvagonzavod, which makes parts for the T-90 and the T-14 Armata tanks, had 3,500 fewer people.
    Hydromash, which makes landing gear parts, hydraulics, and cylinders for the Su-30MK and Su-34 fighters, has more than 2,000 fewer people.

Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Fox is reporting a third Russian doctor fell out of a window, after corona warning.

Are any other countries reporting that falling out of windows is a symptom?

Fox is reporting a third Russian doctor fell out of a window, after corona warning.

Are any other countries reporting that falling out of windows is a symptom?
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...rs-coronavirus

Either this is all a really weird coincidence, or they fucked up. Because he's still alive. Granted, he has a fractured skull so who knows if he'll remember everything clearly. Or will survive without a mysterious medical complication. Like spontaneous polonium poisoning. Or maybe he will and will say that he's just a clutz who tripped and fell out the window because he was distracted by a shirtless picture of Putin and was just so impressed with how manly he is and that's totally the 100% real reason, right Vlad?

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's look it from this perspective. Russia's financial situation before the crisis was solid: A large budget surplus and very solid revenue.

Now? Oil is worth shit, actually no shit is probably worth more then oil at the moment and it's not going to change for months if not years since oil storage is full. So a major source of revenue for Russia is gone.

So Russia has less money to spend, it's stuck in a global economic and health crisis that it doesn't have the full resources to tackle and it's government is resented in the west.

If Russia continues down it's current path with Ukraine and meddling in Western Governments it will go to the brink of disaster. The wise course of action would be for Russia to abandon it's current geopolitical aims and engage in course correction. Crimea will never be part of Ukraine again, but abandon the Donbass and make a deal with Ukraine.

It would probably be best for Putin to retire and for his chosen successor to be a reformer that the West could get behind. He is too toxic for them.

Oh and go after China, HARD. Everyone will want their pound of flesh after what the CCP did.

Will Russia do these things? Probably not for some time, but their hands might get forced by events. One of the things to never do is underestimate any of the post-Communist Eastern European countries in a crisis like this. We've survived worse in the 90s.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2020-05-05 at 04:40 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Hyperbole n conspiracy theories galore in the Russophobe threads, here we even have a mod joining in. One learns more of the haters than about Russia here...
    And worse is, said moderator can and does infract people for opinions he doesn't like. But following the forum rules? Nah, not for him. You'd expect more from a moderator. No wonder Curse sold MMO-C quickly after seeing what a cesspool of shit the moderation team is.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...rs-coronavirus

Either this is all a really weird coincidence, or they fucked up. Because he's still alive. Granted, he has a fractured skull so who knows if he'll remember everything clearly. Or will survive without a mysterious medical complication. Like spontaneous polonium poisoning. Or maybe he will and will say that he's just a clutz who tripped and fell out the window because he was distracted by a shirtless picture of Putin and was just so impressed with how manly he is and that's totally the 100% real reason, right Vlad?
    I'm sure it was just an accident like the way Jeffrey Epstein disabled a security camera and then killed himself. I'm sure that wasn't anything to do with hiding evidence that your beloved corporate democrats were raping kids.