Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Cool, and you can do that! I have fun with it and everyone is into different stuff. Hopefully it'll be filled with enough interesting activities and diversity to keep you engaged if you pick it up, but as long as they are at least at the level of AC:Od that's plenty fine for me. I can catch up on podcasts while mindlessly grinding shit, which is pretty relaxing for me. Not everyone's cup-o-tea, but we'll find out which direction the world goes soon enough, I imagine.
    Diversity and ACO shouldn't even be used in the same post. I can literally leave a character afk in most games and see more diversity then that shit copy pasta fest. Like I said before there was a decent 15-20 hour games somewhere in ACO but the tacked on 50-75 hours of bloat completely ruin it, and looking at the downward trend of Ubisoft game sales I'm not alone in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Sweet i can also see them having lots of dlc places to add like perhaps france as the vikings attacked paris and more places.
    The fact they're being SO cagey about what the other locations are, makes me think Asgard is all but a lock.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I worry that this game will be like Origins and Odyssey was for me personally; Seemingly decent games, but poisoned by the fact they effectively killed the pre-established AC formulae. Black Flag did the same, but the naval stuff was novel and fun enough that I still finished it. Origins I'd say I stopped roughly 75% through anz Odyssey I'd wager not even 50% through, they just felt like worse playstyles of the old AC and none of the charms.

And who didn't like the stalking parts of old AC games? That's like... A very Assassin thing to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    The fact they're being SO cagey about what the other locations are, makes me think Asgard is all but a lock.
    Yeah would not surprise me they even said they will add the story of Beowulf and that's purely folklore/Norse mythology with monsters like giants and dragons and stuff so it's very possible.

Plus they did say they are open to adding other bits of norse mythology.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-05-19 at 11:51 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I worry that this game will be like Origins and Odyssey was for me personally; Seemingly decent games, but poisoned by the fact they effectively killed the pre-established AC formulae. Black Flag did the same, but the naval stuff was novel and fun enough that I still finished it. Origins I'd say I stopped roughly 75% through anz Odyssey I'd wager not even 50% through, they just felt like worse playstyles of the old AC and none of the charms.

And who didn't like the stalking parts of old AC games? That's like... A very Assassin thing to do!
    Yeah, it seems they have pretty much given up on actual Assassin's Creed games and are just making history based action games and vaguely shoehorning AC stuff into them. For me, I don't really mind since I wasn't the biggest fan of the series until Black Flag but I can see how fans of the early games wouldn't be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Yeah, it seems they have pretty much given up on actual Assassin's Creed games and are just making history based action games and vaguely shoehorning AC stuff into them. For me, I don't really mind since I wasn't the biggest fan of the series until Black Flag but I can see how fans of the early games wouldn't be happy.
    History's Creed loljk but really I don't mind getting back to Assassiny stuff, but combat wise and the RPG esque mechanics are nice. That said they won't learn if somehow we get another AC game late 2021 >.> they need to stop with the yearly sequel release stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    History's Creed loljk but really I don't mind getting back to Assassiny stuff, but combat wise and the RPG esque mechanics are nice. That said they won't learn if somehow we get another AC game late 2021 >.> they need to stop with the yearly sequel release stuff.
    They sorta did. Moved from annual to bi-annual sorta, Syndicate was 2015, Origins 2017, Odyssey 2018, Valhalla 2020. And they'd already commented that they didn't want to do annual installments before Origins was released, so they didn't quite stick to that plan with Odyssey but they're sorta back on it. I think the Odyssey team didn't make this one, they're working on Gods and Monsters right now or something.

They sorta did. Moved from annual to bi-annual sorta, Syndicate was 2015, Origins 2017, Odyssey 2018, Valhalla 2020. And they'd already commented that they didn't want to do annual installments before Origins was released, so they didn't quite stick to that plan with Odyssey but they're sorta back on it. I think the Odyssey team didn't make this one, they're working on Gods and Monsters right now or something.
    There only wasn't an AC game in 2016 because the team that would of made it made Watch Dogs 2 instead after Unity sales bombed(Syndicate was already too deep in development to cancel at that point). Valhalla is made by the same team as Unity and Origins.

Just finished watching the last kingdom, so i am in the mood for this setting

10+ Year Old Account
    I was first mildly interested in the game at the first trailer, but after reading about some of the changes the game definitely has my attention. Will still have to see extended gameplay first, but it sounds promising.

I just hope it doesn't have the ~0.25 to 0.5 second input delay that I had with Odyssey; killed my hype when I went back and tried to finish full clearing the map.

Yea, AC games have 6 year development cycles.. or possibly longer. They only manage to release them so often as they have different teams working on them.

This is why I'm kinda worried about Valhalla to be honest. Odyssey and Origins we're amazing and definitely a step in the right direction however they already said that there will be no levels in Valhalla and it's a shorter game, so maybe it's not a RPG any more like Syndicate, Unity and the older games again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    so maybe it's not a RPG any more like Syndicate, Unity and the older games again.
    I mean, they've already said that there is a skill tree, of sorts. So there will definitely be RPG elements in there. But I get the feeling they're trying to step back from the full blow ARPG style of Odyssey/Origins. Which makes me a little sad, honestly. But it's apparently what the masses want.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I mean, they've already said that there is a skill tree, of sorts. So there will definitely be RPG elements in there. But I get the feeling they're trying to step back from the full blow ARPG style of Odyssey/Origins. Which makes me a little sad, honestly. But it's apparently what the masses want.
    if no levels = the world is more open and i can explore more openly? bring it on. some of the most fun I had in Origins was when I boosted my Bayek which allowed me to just wonder around.

Yeah, weren't levels something people complained about because it meant they had to grind in order to continue the story at points?

It just sounds like they took peoples critizisms of Odyssey/Origins (to big and grindy at times) and try to fix those.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    if no levels = the world is more open and i can explore more openly? bring it on. some of the most fun I had in Origins was when I boosted my Bayek which allowed me to just wonder around.
    I think that's where my experience differed... I spent a lot of time in Odyssey exploring and questing, so I was always over leveled. Never really felt like I had to avoid certain areas, because of level caps.

but yeah, more freedom is always a good thing, so if they can find a way to add character progression without limiting freedom of exploration, that SHOULD please everyone!

no gameplay??i dont love this game

I think that's where my experience differed... I spent a lot of time in Odyssey exploring and questing, so I was always over leveled. Never really felt like I had to avoid certain areas, because of level caps.

but yeah, more freedom is always a good thing, so if they can find a way to add character progression without limiting freedom of exploration, that SHOULD please everyone!
    Skill trees without levels means you need to earn the points some other way, like from killing bosses or clearing forts out in the world.

This also adds more purpose to these locations.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Skill trees without levels means you need to earn the points some other way, like from killing bosses or clearing forts out in the world.

Indeed. Although, to be fair, you can do both. Having a level based skill tree, with bonus points for finishing various quests. I mean, they basically did it already in Origins/Odyssey. So it wouldn't be hard for them to shift the focus more in that direction.

I might pick up Valhalla after all, maybe when it goes on sale, so I can at least show SOME displeasure with my wallet :P

That said, playing through Odyssey again now, and it's not too bad if I make a conscious decision to block the fact that it's pretending to be an Assassin's Creed title and is just a historical epic game set in ancient greece. Not too hard seeing as I'm wearing shiny gold helmets with a bright plume to make me as easy as possible to see and I'm not even carrying a Hidden Blade, THE AC weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

Apparently it's the same as Odyssey at level cap. You get exp. and when you got enough you get a level and get to spend an ability point.