Thread: GOG refund

10+ Year Old Account

GOG refund

i tried searching for a refund site through google, wrote a ticket to support about it but for over a week i got no answer. guess i did something wrong
    can someone redirect me to refund link on GOG?

for some reason steam refund seems easier to me
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/req...rs&product=gog

Make sure that "Problem type" drop down box is set to "refunds and returns".

Try that. It's a bit of a PITA, you end up having to e-mail back and forth a few times to a customer service rep. I did it about a month or so ago and they end up sending you this questionaire. You fill that out, then finally confirm you want the refund and you can no-longer access the game you want re-funded and it's done.

Hope that helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/req...rs&product=gog

Make sure that "Problem type" drop down box is set to "refunds and returns".

Try that. It's a bit of a PITA, you end up having to e-mail back and forth a few times to a customer service rep. I did it about a month or so ago and they end up sending you this questionaire. You fill that out, then finally confirm you want the refund and you can no-longer access the game you want re-funded and it's done.

Hope that helped.
    im pretty sure i did exactly that. i mean use this support site before

is it possible i would get no answer nor refund for over a week? on steam its usually finished in 24h

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    im pretty sure i did exactly that. i mean use this support site before

is it possible i would get no answer nor refund for over a week? on steam its usually finished in 24h
    My guess is gog actually has people review it.

Steams is automated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually assumed that GOG refunds would be easy when they are painless on Steam and EGS. Maybe because GOG sales a lot of games without any sort of DRM...but still.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I actually assumed that GOG refunds would be easy when they are painless on Steam and EGS. Maybe because GOG sales a lot of games without any sort of DRM...but still.
    I imagine it would be easily abusive if ppl bought DRM free games to then request an automated refund.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I imagine it would be easily abusive if ppl bought DRM free games to then request an automated refund.
    Oh, it would get abused to hell and back. It would probably be possible with a system where you got up to 4 games automated refund a year, and then manually reviewed after that, but I'm not sure it's worth the money for GOG to make that system.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    If people plan on pirating it, they wouldnt have to go thru that, there are sites dedicated on offering updated gog games for free, virus and ad free. I have a conspiracy theory that these websites are ran by denuvo or steam lol. Only reason people buy on gog is having the game legit on gog galaxy or they really want to support devs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Oh, it would get abused to hell and back. It would probably be possible with a system where you got up to 4 games automated refund a year, and then manually reviewed after that, but I'm not sure it's worth the money for GOG to make that system.
    It definitely would be but people have been exploiting GOG for years anyway.

I don't have the answers for making their refunds easier, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    If people plan on pirating it, they wouldnt have to go thru that, there are sites dedicated on offering updated gog games for free, virus and ad free. I have a conspiracy theory that these websites are ran by denuvo or steam lol. Only reason people buy on gog is having the game legit on gog galaxy or they really want to support devs.
    Piracy goes down as ease of access goes up and people feel like prices are fair. Such is the appeal of GOG where you can just click a game and go and also have immediate control over your files.

But you are right, those who are going to pirate and exploit GOG already have the means of doing so.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    i made a ticket for a refund of CP77 over 3 weeks ago (few days after the launch) and still havent got my money back. the last message from them was asking if i want GOG wallet currency, which i said no. silence since then

is it normal for GOG refunds to take so long?

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    i made a ticket for a refund of CP77 over 3 weeks ago (few days after the launch) and still havent got my money back. the last message from them was asking if i want GOG wallet currency, which i said no. silence since then

is it normal for GOG refunds to take so long?
    Make another ticket. It took me 3 tickets before I got a refund, their customer support is a fucken joke.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD