Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The combat is so meathy love it and some executions is fucking brutal
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    This is the very first Assassin's Creed or even Ubisoft game I ever preordered. The only reason why I was instantly sold on it was because it was a viking themed AC game and it was one of the things I have been wanting for a long time. Not only that but it also brought over the armor appearance customization feature Odyssey had. I am a big nut for transmog-like systems in games where the game lets me look the way I want to look. It's important for me to look cool while kicking ass.

I just wish the lame ass Abstergo bullshit would just go away. I'm pretty sure I can say that most if not everyone doesn't give a shit about Abstergo. Nobody buys an AC game for the Abstergo story. People just want to play as the assassin character. I don't know why Ubisoft stubbornly clings on to it and force feeds it to us. Hopefully this is also like Odyssey where it had a very minimal part in the game. Hopefully it has a even smaller part in the game where it almost feels non-existant. Probably not though.
    Pretty much agree. The less modern stuff the better. But they've been doing little modern stuff so it doesn't bother me as much. the covid mention in the email tho... so far loving this game. No glitches as of yet.

I have spent, a good 6 hours not doing the main mission and just chasing little bright spots on the map, this is giving me The Witcher 3 ptsd in terms of spending hours being distracted from the main story because shiny somewhere off the beaten path.

Not that it is a bad thing, I just have feeling its one of those games where I either end up burning out before I reach the end or I spend 100+ hours completing it because I have to check out every single distracting blip on the map before moving on.

The combat is alot more visceral than in previous games, with lots of blood and dismemberment, which I guess fits the viking fantasy of extremely brutal combat.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2020-11-10 at 10:09 PM.

Have not purchased the game myself, but the dialect audio sounds terrible from watching people play on Twitch. Why is the main characters audio 50% louder than the NPCs?

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Have not purchased the game myself, but the dialect audio sounds terrible from watching people play on Twitch. Why is the main characters audio 50% louder than the NPCs?
    You can tweak all that in the sound options

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/st...55387868700674

Oh lord this poop quest seems like the kind of steaming hot garbage that's right up my alley. This is why I always instinctively cringe when I know there will be a child doing voicework.

I wanna buy this game but I'm very cheap, I bought the first 3 games but not one since, and played them all.

60 euros is kind of a lot, and if it's buggy, I will regret it like hell.

Worth it? Are they doing vikings justice? I'm a huge vikings nerd, hence the fear of disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    I wanna buy this game but I'm very cheap, I bought the first 3 games but not one since, and played them all.

Worth it? Are they doing vikings justice? I'm a huge vikings nerd, hence the fear of disappointment.
    It's not that buggy that I've seen. There is the usual open world game bugs, but overall its really fantastic and nice to look at. Ubi did a bang up job with this one. I'm playing on PC, I don't know about the other platforms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post

Can always buy Ubisoft+ for 15 dollars for a month. Then you get the Ulitmate Edition

Last edited by eldriyn; 2020-11-11 at 11:23 PM.

My only critique is that reda should open up a good 5 hours earlier. To previous poster, why so butthurt?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So I haven’t ever played an assassin creed game so what’s the combat like? Is it like say shadows of Mordor with dodging around and countering? Also how heavily do the games normally go into mystical stuff? I know the first few have some sci-fI nonsense with a modern day main character did they ever ditch that or are they still sticking with fake realism?

Was planning on going duel weilding 1 hander axes but I'm finding 2h axe is just so much better. The damage/range with simple R1 attacks is insane. And the L1 special just melts aoe packs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So I haven’t ever played an assassin creed game so what’s the combat like? Is it like say shadows of Mordor with dodging around and countering? Also how heavily do the games normally go into mystical stuff? I know the first few have some sci-fI nonsense with a modern day main character did they ever ditch that or are they still sticking with fake realism?
    Nah it's not like shadows of mordor/batman/spider man combat. I'd say it's closer to dark souls with positioning and special/regular attack having thier own place depending on the situation. Then you also have more of an arcade feel with super strong special attacks you hot key to the triggers hold menu

And the game is heavy on norse lore. Heaps of magical shit going down

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Combat is dodge around and parry hits, can also lock onto a target. I rarely parry though i mostly dodge around. This game also allows you to dual wield any combo of weapons too.

Combat is very meaty and visual and very brutal.

Can also sneak around and stealth kill people.

About the mytical stuff there is some valkyries i think but think that involves hallucinations, there is supposed to be a dlc about the folktale of beowulf too later on and druids but else it's a viking setting with norse lore.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-11-12 at 08:51 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Nah it's not like shadows of mordor/batman/spider man combat. I'd say it's closer to dark souls with positioning and special/regular attack having thier own place depending on the situation. Then you also have more of an arcade feel with super strong special attacks you hot key to the triggers hold menu

And the game is heavy on norse lore. Heaps of magical shit going down
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Combat is dodge around and parry hits, can also lock onto a target. I rarely parry though i mostly dodge around. This game also allows you to dual wield any combo of weapons too.

Combat is very meaty and visual and very brutal.

Can also sneak around and stealth kill people.

About the mytical stuff there is some valkyries i think but think that involves hallucinations, there is supposed to be a dlc about the folktale of beowulf too later on and druids but else it's a viking setting with norse lore.
    Ah if it’s more like dark souls then that seems pretty interesting this might be the first assassin creed I’ll actually play.

Why is the player character voice acting so bland in these games. Usually off shoot characters are better... Makes it hard to decide which gender but I'll just switch whenever I've had enough of the current one.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The only issue I'm having so far is the sound cutting in and out occasionally during voiced scenes. It's annoying AF but it doesn't make the game unplayable. Everything else is pretty amazing.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a couple of crashes, which are annoying and shouldn't happen, but at least they're very infrequent and have no consequence because of the auto-saves. Beyond that, no issues.

I think I actually preferred the equipment system in the previous two games. With this system because you need so much iron/leather i end up not upgrading much, out of fear i'll want to use different equipment later on and have to grind those materials for upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I've had a couple of crashes, which are annoying and shouldn't happen, but at least they're very infrequent and have no consequence because of the auto-saves. Beyond that, no issues.

I think I actually preferred the equipment system in the previous two games. With this system because you need so much iron/leather i end up not upgrading much, out of fear i'll want to use different equipment later on and have to grind those materials for upgrades.
    idk if it's a bug or intended, but some of the gear that you can upgrade at the blacksmith, requires no materials. I'm huge on light bows, and i got the spartan bow to mythic upgrade with no materials spent. same with the ursine guard. Now i know your specifically talking about the iron/leather upgrades to increase the base stats but the rare items needed to upgrade the quality and runes and more stat upgrades, do it if you can on any gear you can before it's patched if it is a bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone beaten the game yet? I have heard from a few places that it is actually longer than Odyssey was and still filled with the same levels of bloat and bussywork in the middle parts of the game. If so, that's depressing. A solid 30-40 hour focused AC game would be awesome, a 60+ hour game that meanders far less so.