Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Still a major flaw left that Heirlooms fix, which is inconsistent drops and progression in loot when you're leveling very quickly. You really feel this when your tank and / or healers do not have good gear. DPS it's shitty, but at least you aren't dying by too much damage or not enough healing. Fix this then that's fine, but I really feel like many people don't understand how much Heirlooms help in having a more consistent ilvl. Let alone when Shadowlands comes along and everything is level synced, which means you'll be punished for leveling really fast without up-to-date-gear.
    Then just make it an option. It would not take much for Blizzard to put in a 100% exp cap on gear, so that you can choose to use all the heirlooms or just the cloak, without you losing exp gain.

To be honest, it would just be great if you could go turbo or normal speed in the game. Heirlooms are cool as permanent leveling gear pieces, if you don't want to think about new gear while you level, but having them be the only way to gain stable +EXP is not giving you many options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    While, I am aware of their negatives, I kinda view them as rewards for veteran players. In others MMORPG, you can pull gears from your main to help your new characters. In WoW, you have heirlooms. In fact, I think Blizz could make heirlooms more interesting and distribute them all over fringe activities like fishing tournament, various festivals, etc as rewards more so than they already do.
    The problem is then, that for some people heirlooms ruin the leveling experience, so im not sure its completly a reward.

But i do agree, that it is a system, that Blizzard could do so much more with. Since they are items, that never works at max lvl, they could easily make them more fun, wierd and janky, putting some spice into the leveling experience if that is what one seek. As many have said before, it is especially hard to understand, why Blizzard have not yet completed the heirloom set, so that you can gear yourself out completly from lvl 1 and aslong as you want.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Why the fuck would you want levelling to take longer?

Also, I don't like PvP. Can we remove that from the game? Can we remove levelling? I don't like that either. See how that's a mental argument?

Just make Dungeon/Quest rewards a bit better then heirlooms and cap the xp bonus reasonable.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2020-06-30 at 12:01 PM.

No, no, no and... no. They do not "socially isolate" players. Nor is the game "designed" around them. They are an OPTIONAL mechanic for players with max-level characters to level other characters faster. That is all. So the "expectation on how the game is actually played" because they have actually played it without them already.

Nor are the "best gear for your level" as there are many points where they are not.

And there is no "lower level market outside of transmogs" because the game literally throws gear at you during questing.

Nice attempt at a troll post but all for naught.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Why the fuck would you want levelling to take longer?

Also, I don't like PvP. Can we remove that from the game? Can we remove levelling? I don't like that either. See how that's a mental argument?
    Well OP don't want the experience to be slower. He said, that Blizzard should just put the heirloom buff directly into the game and just remove the gear O.o

Also, you might want it to be slower, because you enjoy it. Maybe the speed-up experience feels worse, or maybe even rushed.

So your entire "mental argument" is completly misplaced.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

The Lightbringer
    I'm excited to learn how heirlooms will handle and function after the big level squish. They're for people who've already done the journey to max lvl once and whether they want to use them or not on their alts is up to them. Most wear them for the xp bonus and slots they can forget about til they're at endgame and they're priced appropriately for the service. Maybe the xp or power of them will be nerfed, who's to say atm?
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2020-06-30 at 12:55 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Heirlooms were introduced because even 1-80 was cancer after nerfs in Wrath. It's just now tolerable again with x2 exp.
    Leveling was cancer ever since it became meaningless for the game itself.
    Which is since The Burning Crusade came out.
    Yep, each expansion including the very first one was designed in a pocket universe fashion, where EVERYTHING is revolving around the most recently released expansion. Dungeons, professions, materials, consumables, raids, pvp, questing... yes, everything. You go back to older stuff ONLY for things like pursuing achievements or cosmetics. Sure you can craft that hard khorium sword for xmog, good luck selling that though. It may take months.

Classic was a different story, leveling to 60 is just as important part of the game as doing things at 60 (which aren't that many to be honest, players used to endless treadmills from retail actually ran out of stuff to do and are bored)

Atm it will take you between 20 and 30 hours to hit max level, this is still a lot and it is boring as fuck. It actually takes even longer because of how much mandatory content you have to do at level 120 to take part in any sort of content. You have to do the neck quest, the cloak quest, have all reps at friendly (or you won't get world quests at all), need to do 8.2 and 8.3 introductory zone questlines...you're still basically leveling even though level says 120.

This has to be the biggest non issue thread so far.

I think that heirlooms should be more useful than they are, why not have expansion specific upgrades that allow them to catch up automatically if they have been imbued or upgraded so you don't have to grind your dick off on all your alts so much. So maybe have them scale once you get the special polish for whatever expansion you are in and when a main patch comes out automatically scale it up based on your highest characters item level, obviously not as powerful but have it within like 15 item levels.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- let's get real everyone, classic needs #somechanges get over it.

I've long thought heirlooms should be reworked because they take away from some of the only interesting parts of leveling... right now almost any items you get from a dungeon or quest while leveling is absolutely useless for a seasoned player, even most players will have already gotten the transmog appearance already. It just makes the entire journey feel even more useless.

I would like to see them be a buff you can activate on your character that gives the same thing it does now, exp and a slight boost to preformance. But perhaps the boost is something like your stats are increased by 0.5%, stacking for each buff that you have (basically as many buffs as there are heirlooms). This makes it so you get the exp bonus, and gear becomes an upgrade again because the heirlooms equipment is gone and the gear you have is amplified. (buff disabled at max level)