Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    So y’all actually like corruption? Lmfao
    Yes.

    So sit down and be quiet. And do less cause you cant spend 2 mins doing a vision that literally gives you corruption pieces each run.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    But you can’t choose which specific corruption you get, or if you even get it at all. You can’t choose whether it’s rank 1, 2, 3. There’s zero choice involved.
    That’s odd. I definitely thought I chose to not wear IS gear on hive mind and chose to not use tdev on xanesh. Pretty sure I chose to run IS on shadar and chose to not run IS on vex.

    Guess I’m wrong though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    kek no, 100000000000 out of 10 you'll always use infinite stars
    It’s 2020 and there are people who still can’t understand how haste and the apm of different specs can significantly alter the value of something when it’s proc rate is directly tied to haste and apm. That’s just sad.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    That’s odd. I definitely thought I chose to not wear IS gear on hive mind and chose to not use tdev on xanesh. Pretty sure I chose to run IS on shadar and chose to not run IS on vex.

    Guess I’m wrong though.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It’s 2020 and there are people who still can’t understand how haste and the apm of different specs can significantly alter the value of something when it’s proc rate is directly tied to haste and apm. That’s just sad.
    To be fair most mechanics work with internal cooldowns making apm a non factor in most cases.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    They still award 100% corrupted loot if you finish last objective. 470 465 460 455. good Corruption makes ilvl irrelevant most of the time. Those are 5 easy chances to get corrupted gear, there might be very unlucky people who get trinkets/same item/azerites from those activities all the time but that is bad luck but that's the same as people not getting their 4 set for months.

    No, good corruption does not make item level not relevant because the corruption effect scales with the item level (at least the really strong ones like infinite stars).

    And not, you can not compare that with 4set bonus at all. Want to know why? Because you usually get decked in set pieces and it is possible to trade them away.
    Yes, it's possible to trade corruption away, but who tf is going to give away a 460+ piece of infinite stars r3 in a raid or m+?

    Again, I am very sorry but it seems like you did not look into the system very much, because everything you say is based on false assumptions. Like its ok if you do not care about how the system works, but then simply don't pretend that you do.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    So one should never complain about bad things, just eat it up and be docile, or unsub and be quiet? What kind of attitude is that? If people aren't happy with corruption, then people should complain about that. "Voting with your wallet" doesn't work.
    No, I'm saying we've already won. Corruption is 10000% gone in shadowlands and Blizzard have radically nerfed the OP corruptions and radically increased how many corrupted items you get a week - if you haven't got your BiS corruption now you aren't playing to a degree that requires it. There's nothing more they can do right now other than remove the whole system, which obviously they won't do.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Yes.

    So sit down and be quiet. And do less cause you cant spend 2 mins doing a vision that literally gives you corruption pieces each run.
    You mean gives me Echoing Void, Void Ritual, and Avoidant.

    Out of all the Corruption I’ve gotten. Probably hundreds of pieces by now. I’ve still only seen one crit percent on my Priest.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Completely disagree.

    NOTHING stops you from deciding "if you wanna pursue more gear or if you are content with that power level and do other content" regardless of whether you have reached the game limit of gear.

    Having an arbitrary endpoint like that for gear is actually horrible because it either compels people who don't really want to keep pursuing gear (that they don't need) to keep farming for BiS, while at the same time making people who have reached the cap, but want to keep pursuing gear, feel like the game is pointless.

    In short, the existence of an achievable "BiS list" is bad for pretty much everyone in the game, except for the tiny fraction for whom the amount of time and effort it takes to achieve that BiS is the same as the amount of time and effort they would have wanted to spend on that content if there was no BiS to chase. The effective removal of BiS frees people up to set their goals according to their own individual needs and wants, which is better for everyone except those who somehow lack the ability to set their own goals and refuse to learn how.
    Best in slot is bad for people who want to set their own goals even though it in itself is a goal?

    Again in order to feel like your time is pointless you have to be a player that Chase is the gear reward in which case you’re already aiming for best in slot

    When I’m done gearing I’ll do mount farming and pet farming and I’ll play on alts and I’ll farm gear for my offspec and four different situations

    What world do you live in where people who go after best in slot only get that one set of gear and then stop playing the game

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    No, I'm saying we've already won. Corruption is 10000% gone in shadowlands and Blizzard have radically nerfed the OP corruptions and radically increased how many corrupted items you get a week - if you haven't got your BiS corruption now you aren't playing to a degree that requires it. There's nothing more they can do right now other than remove the whole system, which obviously they won't do.
    Like I said man it’s the end of the expansion people just need to except that everything is going to be wild and crazy for a while

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    No, good corruption does not make item level not relevant because the corruption effect scales with the item level (at least the really strong ones like infinite stars).

    And not, you can not compare that with 4set bonus at all. Want to know why? Because you usually get decked in set pieces and it is possible to trade them away.
    Yes, it's possible to trade corruption away, but who tf is going to give away a 460+ piece of infinite stars r3 in a raid or m+?

    Again, I am very sorry but it seems like you did not look into the system very much, because everything you say is based on false assumptions. Like its ok if you do not care about how the system works, but then simply don't pretend that you do.
    I mean I actually did trade that exact piece of gear because the other Monk DPS needed it and I already had one

  8. #168
    Corruption is a mental illness.

    Positive corruption effects are simply too powerful to be cleansed and forgotten. So I'm being forced to deal with an absolute intrusion to my character (the eye, thing from beyond, also the toxicity surrounded in player versus player games)

    At least Ion has apologised for his crimes against players.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You mean gives me Echoing Void, Void Ritual, and Avoidant.

    Out of all the Corruption I’ve gotten. Probably hundreds of pieces by now. I’ve still only seen one crit percent on my Priest.
    Do more than. Easy.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    y’all Lmfao
    All credibility lost.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    So y’all actually like corruption? Lmfao
    i dont. i hate it. but that doesnt mean im entitled to a 20% buff

  12. #172
    Pandaren Monk Playintrafic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    1,946
    Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Weird how I have never used infinite stars or TD in a raid and still my parses are all over 95 percentile except Carapace (because I don't press aoe buttons) and N'zoth (because I don't hit Psychus). And of those 95+ percentile parses, lowest are Xanesh (because I go into the ritual), Drest'agath (because there's nothing to hit during parts of the fight) and Vexiona (because I don't press aoe buttons).

    Imagine if I had one of these magical +50% DPS corruption items that I hear people talking about.


    Yes weird flex, but not as weird as your whining about corruptions.
    Yeah I am guessing you are a caster.

    Warrior, DK, DH, All of them Want Twi Dev for anything with decent amount of AOE and Stars for fights where ST matters more. Void Ritual is an acceptable sub on Maut, or if you cant get Stars for ST.

    But I have now 1 Rank 2 Twi Dev, and Zero of anything else, and my best corrution on my main is the bullshit that makes you cooldowns cooldown faster, sometimes and an 8% crit corruption.

    Those magical 50% dps corruptions aren't 1 corruption. Its people wearing 7 8 or 9 ranks of Stars/TwiDev/VE and that is contributing more to their damage than any of their actual abilities.

    Look at parses for Melee DPS that isn't rogue and you will see epic and higher parses where 35-45% of your dps is just fucking procs, and you are doing 100K+ mean while the guy with shit corruptions is doing the same exact rotation and mechanics you are, and doing 65-70k because his corruptions are more reasonable, but since we have bullshit like stars, that really feel like garbage.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    i dont. i hate it. but that doesnt mean im entitled to a 20% buff
    Nah for some classes the buff would have to be like 35-45% actually.

  13. #173
    I am Murloc! dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    5,172
    As much as I want to say I dislike the corruption, I've been collecting stuff for like 3 months now so - it shouldn't be hard for others to get pieces now that the 100% from chests, and horrific is now in: that wasn't the case prior - I spent 2 months grinding and getting 0 corruptions besides the m15 weekly chest - the horrifics gave 0 and after that big change - everyones getting a ton of corruption now so.. idk I hate it but now that I've spent so long getting stuff - I don't mind it as much

  14. #174
    The solution is to just not sub until shadowlands comes out. I left during BoD. I have 0 essences, my neck is outdated, my gear was 418, I have 0 corruption, I dont have flying, and I need to get a cloak item level. No thank you. Sorry blizzard. I'm not going to grind a bunch of expansion specific mechanics that will go away in a few months.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Nah for some classes the buff would have to be like 35-45% actually.
    no. because i choose to not use corruption and therefor fall behind on people that do, i shouldnt get a buff to compensate

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •