I tried to come back, but this game did everything in its power to stop me

Read about the new patch, and I needed a competitive kick so I thought "why not" and give this game another try. Been about 1.5 to 2 years since ive played...but dear GOD what a mistake it was to try and install this game. First off, let me preface by saying I do not have any trouble installing any other Blizzard games nor any other game by any other developer/steam. For some reason, HOTS would download, but getting into a game was impossible. It would sit with they "ready" button greyed out, and hovering said "waiting for game mode download to complete".

The fix? Apparently you have to disable firewalls and anti-virus/malware software, well disable as in completely uninstall them. Then power cycle my router and modem and then flush my DNS. Ok, at this point if I can download all the other games, this is not a "me" problem but a "you" problem Blizz. Anyways I did it and the problem persisted, huzzah! All that for nothing. I had to track down the actual fix which was deleting Blizzards temp. folder. Fun times.

I finally get in and guess what low priority awaited me. Don't get it wrong, I probably left or d/c back a year so whatever I'll take my licks. Would be nice to have a time limit on LP (I mean i was gone for nearly TWO years)... but the kicker is it's not JUST games played but games won. For as low as the player base is...this is a kick in the nuts. I have 5 games in LP which is a crapshoot of what players you get. I've won 1 out of 4 games. At this rate ill be in LP for another two days by my estimates of how much I try and play. Not gonna happen. I want to have fun, not delve in the dreks of the LP pool for days on end waiting to get some wins. I'm sure others rejoining have this gripe as well. Brutal for a game trying to regain it's playerbase

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this game's MM system is probably the worst among it's multiplayer games. A system built to hard stuck players in ranks,
    preventing them from ever climbing because it will purposely throw players of lesser skill/brain cells on your team just to
    sabotage you, is not a good system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with the MM system is as soon as you think you're making progress in the ranks it suddenly out of the blue throws you into the school for the retarded for 50 games straight and you're back where you started and then some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Problem with the MM system is as soon as you think you're making progress in the ranks it suddenly out of the blue throws you into the school for the retarded for 50 games straight and you're back where you started and then some.
    That's basically been my problem since the 2.0 change. I could play my best character and it doesn't mean a thing
    if someone else on the team picks a Sgt. Hammer into a Kel'Thuzad, Sonya, Orphea, and Anu'barak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    That's basically been my problem since the 2.0 change. I could play my best character and it doesn't mean a thing
    if someone else on the team picks a Sgt. Hammer into a Kel'Thuzad, Sonya, Orphea, and Anu'barak.
    That would be OK if it only happened once in a while since if you're really as good as you think you are then in the long run you will have an impact and slowly gravitate to where you should be according to skill level.

However, the system is screwed up and the code is closed source. So called "Blue Posts" are our source lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    That would be OK if it only happened once in a while since if you're really as good as you think you are then in the long run you will have an impact and slowly gravitate to where you should be according to skill level.
    You're only going to make said impact under very specific circumstances. But since HOTS is far more team based
    than in other MOBAs, where an individual can really shine and carry the team, you are at the mercy of your team's
    composition and the skill of your teammates.

Which means you're generally fucked, considering the quality of the MM system.