Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Every rogue covenant ability is BAD, and I'd rather have none.

Seriously. all of them sound annoying, useless, and most importantly NOT FUN OR COOL.

Kyrian: "You get a random number, 1-5. When the number appears, use the exact same number of combo points, and it'll hit harder!"
    Sounds annoying to watch for, and maddenly frustrating when your combo points skip the Magic Number. Instead of feeling happy to get more combo points than you normally would, you feel angry because now you can't use the covenant.

Night Fae: "A Dot. If the enemy dies before 1 minute, you get 5 combo points and some energy!"
    A Dot. Boring.

And I get full combo points AFTER the enemy dies, so when I mount up and ride away, I get to watch them slowly waste away. Lovely. Having unspent combo points after the enemy dies is already frustrating!

Necrolord: "A Dot. It stacks!"
    A Dot. It stacks.

Venthyr: "Ambush & Leeching Poison, but with a cooler name!"
    So... literally nothing changes.

Am I supposed to be excited by any of this?

Nothing fun. Nothing cool. Nothing amazing. Nothing that makes me feel like I can't wait to click the new button I get for the whole expansion.

This sucks. The devs literally sat around a desk, spent hours thinking of what cool, amazing, fun, and imaginative extra super abilities rogues could get this expansion... and they come up with this?!
    Last edited by thottstation; 2020-07-09 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Seriously. all of them sound annoying, useless, and most importantly NOT FUN OR COOL.

Sounds annoying to watch for, and maddenly frustrating when your combo points skip the Magic Number. Instead of feeling happy to get more combo points than you normally would, you feel angry because now you can't use the covenant.

A Dot. Boring.

And I combo points AFTER the enemy dies, so when I mount up and ride away, I get to watch them slowly waste away. Lovely.

A Dot. It stacks.

So... literally nothing changes.

Am I supposed to be excited by any of this?

Nothing fun. Nothing cool. Nothing amazing. Nothing that makes me feel like I can't wait to click the new button I get for the whole expansion.

This sucks. The devs literally sat around a desk, spent hours thinking of what cool, amazing, fun, and imaginative extra super abilities rogues could get this expansion... and they come up with this?!
    well done, thx for playing.

Okay, well, we're still in Alpha and it could change. We haven't seen all the abilities yet, so don't pass judgement just yet.

Lastly, if none of them appeal to you once the xpac launches, play another class? There's plenty more to choose from. I don't know what else to tell you?

Saying "I want something cool, fun and amazing for rogues!" Does literally nothing. All of those are subjective, and gives no constructive feedback to anyone.

The Kyrian covenant ability is great, and varies your rotation. No one else's problem except yours that you don't like them, tbh. Thanks for the post though, really appreciated it, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Okay, well, we're still in Alpha and it could change. We haven't seen all the abilities yet, so don't pass judgement just yet.

Lastly, if none of them appeal to you once the xpac launches, play another class? There's plenty more to choose from. I don't know what else to tell you?

Saying "I want something cool, fun and amazing for rogues!" Does literally nothing. All of those are subjective, and gives no constructive feedback to anyone.
    To be fair the op's opinion is pretty much the consensus. Rogue covenants are really underwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    The Kyrian covenant ability is great, and varies your rotation. No one else's problem except yours that you don't like them, tbh. Thanks for the post though, really appreciated it, cheers
    You know, I miss the days of people actually having healthy discussions and sharing their opinions rather than just being plain old asshats just because someone decided to post theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Op is a bit too much of a rant but I kind of agree. The Kyrian ability is the literal definition of artificial complexity. Something that noobs won’t be able to execute at all, but seasoned players will just set up a weak aura for it and just wait until they get the right amount of CPs.

Night Fae ability is just an execute rupture/Soul Reap and honestly I would’ve just preferred if they reskinned Kingsbane for this if a powerful dot is what Blizz was going far.

Scourge bro’s is either something you fire once and forget, or something you will spam constantly, tooltip leaves room for interpretation. Neither option is great.

Venthyr one looks cool, but is absolute trash atm. The heal only works if your enemy is using healing themselves, so it isn’t even leech. This one needs a rework imo.

the only one that looks iffy is the kyrian one. the other are fine, they might be as flashy as the other class abilitys but they dont have to be,l. also your looking at the base ability and not seeing all the upgrades we get for them

Strange idea but you can always NOT click them ! you know dont even add them on your keybinds ^^
    Also if your shadowlands expirience is based on a single button maybe wow isnt for you and you better not play it anymore.

Can we all just collectively agree that Blizz has a very poor history of changing things based on Alpha feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Strange idea but you can always NOT click them ! you know dont even add them on your keybinds ^^
    Also if your shadowlands expirience is based on a single button maybe wow isnt for you and you better not play it anymore.
    Experience*

And Covenants are a major part of the expensive expansion. So maybe a little less sass thanks.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they're kind of interesting...and honestly they shouldn't be Earth shattering, it sucks to get these awesome and super powerful abilities then lose them the next expansion. It was a especially big blow as we moved onto BFA and lost almost everything from our artifacts.

If you'd rather have nothing then just pick what covenant has the coolest looking armor set and don't use your ability, problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Well, OP, if it sucks that bad, better start looking for a different game to play, one that you actually like.
    these kind of posts are so pointless.

if you cant comment on development during beta when can you?

Are you just supposed to say "this looks great! cant wait!" to everything to have an opinion?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

What a useless Post. rather than just ranting about it Go make a suggestion on their forums and by the looks of it all you do on MMO-C is Rant about multiple things (looked at your Posting History) so if you really hate the game that much why are you stil playing you obviously care enough to make multiple posts just do it on official suggestion forums insted
    its stil alpha its stil so many changes thats gonna end up happening before its even released.

Quote Originally Posted by RustuxGG View Post
    What a useless Post. rather than just ranting about it Go make a suggestion on their forums and by the looks of it all you do on MMO-C is Rant about multiple things (looked at your Posting History) so if you really hate the game that much why are you stil playing you obviously care enough to make multiple posts just do it on official suggestion forums insted
    its stil alpha its stil so many changes thats gonna end up happening before its even released.
    Since when Blizzard started to listen feedback?

If you think every covenant ability is bad, then you are lucky because you have freedom to pick the covenant you like because of theme and not because of ability. See, sometimes it's about looking at good side of a thing rather than just complaining about everything like a little sissy you are

A guy came to discuss the abilities(I know, maybe he wasn't that much very specific, but still) and 90% of the comments are:
    -fuck you, go play other game then

OP:
    It'd have been easier if you post the abilites here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    A guy came to discuss the abilities(I know, maybe he wasn't that much very specific, but still) and 90% of the comments are:
    -fuck you, go play other game then

OP:
    It'd have been easier if you post the abilites here.
    to be fair he didn't offer up any comments on how to improved the abilities, all OP did was complain that they sucked. and most people replying said play another class if you don't like the abilities or go to the offical forums and suggest a way to improve them

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You know, I miss the days of people actually having healthy discussions and sharing their opinions rather than just being plain old asshats just because someone decided to post theirs.
    Yeah, because this guy really wanted a discussion. I miss the days when forums weren't a place where people with attention issues came to whine about things they didn't like in a desperate attempt to feel better about themselves, instead of realising that if you don't like this video game no one is forcing you to play it. Social media generation doing social media generation things, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Radazar View Post
    to be fair he didn't offer up any comments on how to improved the abilities, all OP did was complain that they sucked. and most people replying said play another class if you don't like the abilities or go to the offical forums and suggest a way to improve them
    ^ looks like this guy hit the nail on the head for me. If you post a thread where the only point is to complain, expect people to complain back at you.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    A Dot. Boring.

And I get full combo points AFTER the enemy dies, so when I mount up and ride away, I get to watch them slowly waste away. Lovely. Having unspent combo points after the enemy dies is already frustrating!
    Sometimes you might be fighting more than one enemy tho.

This will be amazing in mythic+