Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    You haven't been paying attention if you are comparing the covenant system to talents. It's not even in the same realm. Soul Binds would better compare to talents. There are multiple different soul bind options (specs), and options within each soul bind called conduits (talents). These are easily changeable, just like talents. However the actual overarching covenant is not easily changeable (class). Although it's still ultimately changeable with some work, unlike classes.
    Depends on how much effort changing a Covenant takes. You could consider leveling a new character changing class, after all, and it doesn't take ages either.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Depends on how much effort changing a Covenant takes. You could consider leveling a new character changing class, after all, and it doesn't take ages either.
    I think I would burst out laughing if it turns out people start telling others to reroll because they picked the wrong covenant if it takes longer then leveling.

Future is looking so bright... I look forward to the new addon that scans what covenant a character is a part of and people are kicked out of groups for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I think I would burst out laughing if it turns out people start telling others to reroll because they picked the wrong covenant if it takes longer then leveling.

Future is looking so bright... I look forward to the new addon that scans what covenant a character is a part of and people are kicked out of groups for it.
    People aren't even bothering to look at talents anymore, just a simple r.io score or similar. They don't care if your spec is good, only if you can carry them through content.

People aren't even bothering to look at talents anymore, just a simple r.io score or similar. They don't care if your spec is good, only if you can carry them through content.
    Will see. I've more or less expressed my view of how this will go down. The die is cast all you can do is see what is going to happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Kekw... I think you need to burst out of your bubble a bit. Vast majority of WoW players don't give a poppycock about what's optimal and shit.

The whole thing is done for that majority of players who don't give a shit about that crap, but do like characters with individuality.
    Vast majority of players do not play high end. We get that the people who just clear heroic won't be effected.

- - - Updated - - -

We didn't. We saw it slowly dwindle away over the course of 4 expansions. More than enough time to level up a new character or 20, and there's still enough Mythic raids on Alliance side that Ny'alotha Hall of Fame actually went faster than EP.
    It went faster than EP because it was an easier tier lol

I have complete trust that the people who designed the game featured in my signature will be able to anticipate and avoid any balancing issue with 144 combinations of specs and covenants plus soulbinds and conduits.

Quote Originally Posted by wraysbury View Post
    I have complete trust that the people who designed the game featured in my signature will be able to anticipate and avoid any balancing issue with 144 combinations of specs and covenants plus soulbinds and conduits.
    lols so accurate it hurts

well I do not do pvp at all so that is not an issue I will also not step foot in mythic plus.. so all I care about is pve and regular dungeons and raids. that.it.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlandsx View Post
    well I do not do pvp at all so that is not an issue I will also not step foot in mythic plus.. so all I care about is pve and regular dungeons and raids. that.it.
    Fascinating, thanks for sharing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    That's why I said good thing we have transmogrification. You don't have to use that aesthetic.
    Well true. But you will unlock transmogs you wonr´t care about, while looking at the cool aesthetics from the other covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    Well true. But you will unlock transmogs you wonr´t care about, while looking at the cool aesthetics from the other covenants.
    Oh well. Nothing wrong with having to make a choice and missing out. You can easily put alts intonthe other covenants to get those transmogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Oh well. Nothing wrong with having to make a choice and missing out. You can easily put alts intonthe other covenants to get those transmogs.
    You have to be in one to use their transmogs.

You have to be in one to use their transmogs.
    Oh well. I have tons of cool non plate shoulder that would look great with some of my plate transmog. You don't seem me trying to get that rule changed just so I can look even cooler. I bet in 10.0 or 11.0 you can mog it if you have if without the covenant rep restriction. But even if not. Oh well.