Thread: Who likes BfA?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    It's great if you're a gamer theres alot to. Alot of the complaines comes from people who play 20 hours of wow per week wow isnt that kind of game.

Everytime I log there is something to do pug heroic raid run some high keys farm mounts thoose are my things i am gear capped. However if you start exspansion now youll have sooopo much grinding to do honestly not worth it id say wait for prepatch. Unless you dont care about being at the bottom of dps healing if so alot of stuff to do for a fresh.

Corruption s are REALLY fun once you have not balanced at all but fun many whiners cry cause they are to lazy to grind for it
    Last edited by Wildpantz; 2020-06-19 at 06:27 AM.

Art style is top notch. Leveling experience is super good (but it has been from WoD).

Playstyle is meh. Any of the classes i play really delivers. I still love my rogue because original main for 15 years.

Systems-wise, it's a clusterfuck of rng and shit tier decisions. Azerite powers were all wrong from day one, they tried to fix them with essences (which was how Azerite should have been right from the start), titanforge and now corruption are again another layer of shit rng (fortunately now you can buy them). I don't like that at all, i miss reforging and the possibility to buy the ilvl upgrades if you were unlucky.

Hopefully Shadowlands keeps the good parts and removes all the plethora of useless padding.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Can't believe alliance cucks are still whining about this when each faction has had 2 opportunities of going first.
    It's not about going first. It's about equipping alts; something Hordes could afk through Warfronts, while a week later Blizzard patched the WF to require a minimum itemlevel of 320 (which was absolutely unnecessary because you could still be afk the whole time. It was solely done because Horde had skipped the regular gearing process on their alts, which Blizz did not want), so that Alliance had to equip their alts the hard (and in BfA's case pretty boring) way.

Also, mind your language.

Yeah, it's been great fun. Nice to step back from the M+++ bubble and just enjoy the rest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Dunno why some people got such a boner to be just a lowly peon-adventurer.

The Unstoppable Force
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I really enjoyed 8.0 and 8.1. 8.2 was alright'ish but 8.3 was just bad.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I liked it a lot.

I also liked all the WoW expansions except TBC. While I agree Cataclysm was not the best, there still hasn't been a point for me in WoW where I actively disliked the game outside of TBC. I consider that to be their greatest failure of an expansion personally, and will likely skip TBC Classic if they release it.

BFA had some issues, but like legendaries in Legion, I felt that the concerns were greatly overblown. The delta in power between the best 2 and worst 2 legendaries was about the same as perfect traits/essences and mediocre ones. I tend to not let other people's luck and enjoyment of the game ruin my own, so other people getting lucky did not really bother me. Most of my concerns, such as random azerite pieces from the weekly chest and essences on alts, were handled quickly and well. The only, slight, stain in BFA was the mishandling of the corruption system. Their fix came too late, well after most of us stopped caring. I only needed 1 corruption on my main and primary alt, so the vendor was not a big power boost.

It does feel like a bit of a step down from Legion, but I don't really care about a lot of the selling points BFA had, such as allied races, Kul Tiras/Zandalar, and the war campaign. I know other people like all that stuff, but Class Halls, a new class, and the threat of the Burning Legion appealed to me more.

Now that the dust is settling, it sits comfortably in the middle of my expansion rankings.

WoTLK > Legion = MoP > BFA > WoD > Cataclysm > Classic >>> TBC

Though I must emphasize anything above TBC I did enjoy quite a lot.
    "Okay, Robin. Together, we're gonna punch these guys so hard, words describing the impact are gonna spontaneously materialize out of thin air."
    - Lego Batman

BFA was the first Addon I knowed since the BlizzCon that I don't like it from story point of view.
    And over the time it got even worse based on the implemented features.
    Best thing in BFA is the AH Mount in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    8.2 was the best patch in the history of wow.
    Yep. First time I enjoyed outdoor zone mechagon and no timeless isle is not even close. I kept farming all that spare parts even if I had way too much.
    Altho BoD raid was better than EP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion but improvement from legion not at all. Corruption was a horrible addition and just the state of classes is beyond terrible.
    Oh yes they were, in fact pretty much everything was improved. AP from spec specific -> class wide, artifact tonned down (no longer as powerful as weapon was which is a good thing because you don't feel so pressured to keep farming it), Azerite gear is far superior than tier sets (in both acquisition and execution), no more garbage legiondaries, essences are deterministic, corruption got vendor (before vendor it was kinda crap), titnaforging was severly nerfed, visions were better than mage tower, no more uber garbage trinkets like arcanocrystal that made you farm some garbage currency just to have a chance at vendor. And 2 optional new game modes.

Story sucked in both expansions.

It's my least favorite expansion that I played (missed WOD/Legion) but I didn't hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yep. First time I enjoyed outdoor zone mechagon and no timeless isle is not even close. I kept farming all that spare parts even if I had way too much.
    Altho BoD raid was better than EP.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes they were, in fact pretty much everything was improved. AP from spec specific -> class wide, artifact tonned down (no longer as powerful as weapon was which is a good thing because you don't feel so pressured to keep farming it), Azerite gear is far superior than tier sets (in both acquisition and execution), no more garbage legiondaries, essences are deterministic, corruption got vendor (before vendor it was kinda crap), titnaforging was severly nerfed, visions were better than mage tower, no more uber garbage trinkets like arcanocrystal that made you farm some garbage currency just to have a chance at vendor. And 2 optional new game modes.

Story sucked in both expansions.
    That I can agree with even more so on your statement of story sucked in both legions. Had to choose for which story was better it would be Legion > BFA.

Both 8.1 and 8.2 were great.

8.1 BOD is, in my opinion, one of the best raids there were so far.
    8.2 is hands down the biggest patch Blizz released ever, as well as one of the best patches as a whole with 2 zones filled to the brim with activities topped off with a good raid.

That's some seriously strong showing for what some claim to be "shit" expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    I just came back from a long break. was 397 ilvl within a week i had flying, AoTC, 460 ilvl and im currently 4/12m already bored again.i probably played too much in the month ive been been back with 5 alts at 460 ilvl. Also everyone wanting me to play destro sucks. Destro is a terrible spec to play
    damn locks.. always getting into those good groups (I'm a healer so I'm messing a little bit)

I've been just trying to get my fav corruptions in the post xpac lul period - but obviously if you're already 4/12M and you havent even played but a few days then I think you could easily push further if you wanted that progression of course.

I typically M+, do my visions, and pvp with the extra time - corruptions are annoying to most but the vendor opened up a little bit extra 'content' for me I guess