Thread: Who likes BfA?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Who likes BfA?

Who likes BFA, and why do you like it? Is it too late to get into it now?

I don't like it, but imo it's not the worst expansion. I still think it's better than Cata and WoD since there's stuff to do. The problem is the stuff to do is pretty mediocre compared to the good expansions and the class design is the worst it's ever been imo.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I don't like it, but imo it's not the worst expansion. I still think it's better than Cata and WoD since there's stuff to do. The problem is the stuff to do is pretty mediocre compared to the good expansions and the class design is the worst it's ever been imo.
    Basically this. BfA could be very well sitting at the bottom of the pile, the only reason it beats WoD is because BfA at least has things to do, besides raids and facebook simulator. Now, as far as the quality of said things goes... Many thumbs down imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The question is „who likes BFA and why“.
    First two responses: „I do not like it“

I like it. I like it because I have stuff to do and most importantly people to play with.
    The xpac does not matter that much for me as long as I have sth to do with friends that ist not raiding.

For me that is m+ And as long as this feature does not destroyed somehow i will play the game. Does not matter if it is bfa or Legion or even challenge modes back in Mop or wod
    Last edited by Sámsa; 2020-05-02 at 11:10 PM.

I'm personally having more fun in BfA patch 8.3 than I've had in YEARS in WoW.

Recently came back (2 months ago) so I think alot of peoples opinions this late in the expansion tend to be negative because it's been a long and tedious grind, and people are stuck still hating the expansion for what it has been. Patch 8.3 is great. No more azerite grind and r3 essences are available to alts.

Corruptions are a love or hate thing. I personally enjoy corruptions alot because it keeps the gearing game relevant long after it should've been dead. Every item drop has the potential to be amazing.

The 8.3 obelisks to skip in mythic plus is AMAZING.

All in all, it's a great time to head into BfA. Better than ever probably. Not too late at all!
    Last edited by Tekktra; 2020-05-02 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Basically this. BfA could be very well sitting at the bottom of the pile, the only reason it beats WoD is because BfA at least has things to do, besides raids and facebook simulator. Now, as far as the quality of said things goes... Many thumbs down imo.
    Hilarious.

BFA is better than WoD because there's more things to do in BFA than there were in WoD... although none of the things are actually enjoyable - BFA is better than WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's lots of things that have earned justified criticism and plenty of things I dislike, but I enjoy the raiding and mythic plus, which is 90% of what I do in this game anyway.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I pretty much like all the expansions including BFA, so I assume I am very easy to entertain.

Lore: Was ok. I got the feeling Blizzard gave up on the War campaign though. The Jaina story was pretty awesome.
    Zones: All Zones looked pretty awesome.
    Music: Top notch as always.
    Game systems: I think Azerite gear was ok. It would have been better if there was not always 1 answer on every ring that was easily the best in many cases. Essences was good. Corruption was ok, but its to heavily based on randomness. You end up having layers of layers on top of RNG.
    Raids: Awesome. I just didn't like that the Nzoth encounter was so underwhelming. This is pretty much the ultimate badass of the lore who even was the boss of Deathwing. On mythic the raids were tuned kinda wonky. Some fights you 2 healer, some 5 healed. Very frustrating being a healer under those conditions. And we get that rushed end-game cinematic we did.
    Warfront: I liked the concept. But its insane that you cant lose them and you get free items for no effort. Poison to the game.
    Islands: Pretty OK actually. I just didn't like when I HAD to do them.
    Allied Races: Awesome!

My biggest complaint is the insane amount of power growth in the expansion though. You get stronger as a character from beginning of BFA to end BFA than you do from level 1 to 120 almost. Its pretty insane and seems very strange. They should have only Normal and Heroic raiding and only have like 15 itemlevel increase between tiers. Or have fewer but better tiers in the expansion. This will backfire when we start leveling in Shadowlands and we start with 3% in secondary stats again.

In all, pretty ok. I don't think the drama around how bad BFA is claimed to be is a bit an overreaction. BFA has it's problem like everyother expansion. It felt rushed in the beginning though.
    Last edited by TorAndre; 2020-05-02 at 11:21 PM.

I do! Cause of Allied Races and Drustvar.

The neck and azerite were just the weapons split into two systems with extra needless rng was beyond inane. They were also stupidly unbalanced like 3xSS on my muti rouge making garrotte do like 80% of my ST damage show's blizzards attempts at balance were thigh slappingly bad.

On the whole, the dungeons were worse than legion imo.

Both raids I played seriously were good, above average even.

Both sets of zone's were great (as always). I prefered Kul'tiras to zandalar (might be my WCII old man showing) even though the zones were more samey visually because they felt more coherent like an actual place that could exist. Zandalaar having a desert zone with two hitherto unknown species that only exist in that one geographical region was stretching.

There were not enough mechanical changes for the specs going from legion to BFA. This needs frankly there are still pain points in specs in the SL alpha that were problems in legion.

The story was an absolute garbage fire; Morally grey (loving every laugh), it won't be garrosh 2.0 (but then it was), it's not an old god expansion plz trust (I don't think even blizzdrones swallowed that one), BANSHEEQWWEEEEEEENNNNNNN.

Essentially the only things at least on par with legion were raiding and art direction which is the two things you know blizzard will nail.

I had a lot of fun with it but it was held back by a lot of poor mechanical decisions. Azerite gear needs to die and never come back. Warfronts were massively undertuned. Corruption made too much of our dps dependent on RNG and passive effects, all pretty big problems that tie down what could've been a great expansion.

Still, no sense not giving it a whirl. I find horrific visions super fun, and we've got a massive reputation increase if you wanted to unlock any of the allied races, now is the time. All the zones are great to level in, definitely do the war campaigns (horde/alliance/loyalist) at the very least.

Highlights off the top of my head:
    -dazar'alor raid
    -all of the questing for both horde and alliance
    -all 3 war campaigns
    -Jaina storyline
    -allied race unlock scenarios (mag'har #1. It takes skill to salvage such a terrible expansion ending.)
    -horrific visions
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-05-02 at 11:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Hilarious.

BFA is better than WoD because there's more things to do in BFA than there were in WoD... although none of the things are actually enjoyable - BFA is better than WoD.
    Well, bad content is always preferrable to no content at all. Although it admittedly doesn't matter a lot in BfA's case lol
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I don’t know. Meh.

New zones: great! I appreciated a lot Zandalar, Kul’Tiras, Nazjatar and the revamp of some old zones like Vale of Eternal Blossoms

New features: 50-50. I loved allied races but some things like island expeditions were completely useless

Gameplay: no. Azerite armor and corruption. I don’t think I have to say more.

Lore: worst ever. Too many plot holes and illogical character develpoment for Sylvanas

To sum up, it really wasn’t my fav expansion, but still better then WOD

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    any sane person dislikes BfA. added and changed systems were bad/worse. classes feel like a hinderance, the story is meh at best. if it weren't for pvp and m+, the game would be more dead than in WoD. WoD at least had good raids. assualts are boring, wq are boring, visions were fun, I grant you that, but they'll get a little bit tedious and are very often a cause for frustration, because you'll always get the wrong corruption on the gear.
    Covenants will be a bigger disaster than Azerite Armor. Covenants quadruples the amounts of speccs in the game. 144 specs in the game - a nightmare to balance, if you still want distinctive MeAnInGfUl choices. Only LARPers and LFR heroes support this boring system, that will have no lasting positive impact on casuals, for whom the system is designed, but only negatives for the real players.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well, bad content is always preferrable to no content at all. Although it admittedly doesn't matter a lot in BfA's case lol
    I mean... that's an opinion. It's a weird opinion, but still an opinion.

Like, if play Tetris... I'd very much not want my Tetris game to also have Pong and Space Invaders going on at the same time. That's just my opinion though.

I play WoW to raid. In WoD I could play WoW and only raid, absolutely perfect. Raiding at a relevant level in BFA wasn't possible without going through all kinds of boring and bland bullshit. For me that's, subjectively, very much not preferable - not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phryx View Post
    any sane person dislikes BfA. added and changed systems were bad/worse. classes feel like a hinderance, the story is meh at best. if it weren't for pvp and m+, the game would be more dead than in WoD. WoD at least had good raids. assualts are boring, wq are boring, visions were fun, I grant you that, but they'll get a little bit tedious and are very often a cause for frustration, because you'll always get the wrong corruption on the gear.
    Jeeze. With some effort you could make Jessica Biel sitting naked on my face sound like a complete nightmare :P

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I mean... sure there's things to do, but raiding is worse than wod and the things to do are all shit.

BfA is the worst expansion IMO.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post
    Jeeze. With some effort you could make Jessica Biel sitting naked on my face sound like a complete nightmare :P
    Well. That's my job IRL actually: Discouraging people from things they want, but acutally shouldn't want, because they can't think for themselves and making them feel bad about their unreflected opinions. (No, I do not work at Blizzard)

Seriously though. BfA is trash and I usually don't get along with people, who like it very much. Because they don't care about the bad things I hate and are objectively bad and I don't care about the things they subjectively enjoyed.
    Covenants will be a bigger disaster than Azerite Armor. Covenants quadruples the amounts of speccs in the game. 144 specs in the game - a nightmare to balance, if you still want distinctive MeAnInGfUl choices. Only LARPers and LFR heroes support this boring system, that will have no lasting positive impact on casuals, for whom the system is designed, but only negatives for the real players.

Quote Originally Posted by Phryx View Post
    Well. That's my job IRL actually: Discouraging people from things they want, but acutally shouldn't want, because they can't think for themselves and making them feel bad about their unreflected opinions. (No, I do not work at Blizzard)
    Strange job description

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Strange job description
    Well, in many jobs you need this toolkit, barring the part of making them feel bad, most of the time you need to make them feel good about their change in opinion.