Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Just throwing this out here, the most 'dedicated' and the 'largest' private server community was not vanilla. It is and always has been wotlk. There are wotlk servers that have been at capacity for years and years and years. Nostalrious lasted for about a year before it was shut down. And it held about the same amount of people as one of these wotlk servers that have been up since 2012 for some of them.

    TBC also has massive releases, the issue is that almost every single tbc server just sucks. They are all buggy as fuck, they all turn into cash cows letting you buy warglaives, the servers themselves just turn into trash.
    Yea, let's agree to disagree in that regard.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    World of Warcraft Classic: The Burning Crusade is how I think of it.

    Because it's under the Classic brand. But you're not here for actual arguments. You gave yourself away with "it looks more like a circle." What is that even supposed to mean? It's a god damn sentence.
    Going any further with "Classic" is like a dog chasing its own tail. It's stupid, and pointless, and you end up back where you started.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yea, let's agree to disagree in that regard.
    You don’t have to agree with me. It’s fact though so you do you.

    There is one server ‘community’ with literally 4 times the population that nostalrious ever had literally RIGHT NOW and has been that way since 2012~. And that’s just one of the communities. I can name 3 more off the top of my head.

    Id link it but you know.. rules... just google wotlk private server, find the first one, and see the population

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    You don’t have to agree with me. It’s fact though so you do you.

    There is one server ‘community’ with literally 4 times the population that nostalrious ever had literally RIGHT NOW and has been that way since 2012~. And that’s just one of the communities. I can name 3 more off the top of my head.

    Id link it but you know.. rules... just google wotlk private server, find the first one, and see the population
    Yea, don't think you know what 'fact' means, and if you're talking about warmane? Those numbers are laughable, if you consider that the biggest...

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yea, don't think you know what 'fact' means, and if you're talking about warmane? Those numbers are laughable, if you consider that the biggest...
    You understand nost with both servers up totaled up to like 10k consistently correct?

    I find it hilarious you say the numbers are laughable when it is literally the biggest and longest lasting private server with a massive population. No private server has even come close to beating warmane, but those numbers are laughable to you LOL. Ok dude

    Whether or not you want to believe it doesn’t matter, numbers do not lie.

    I understand a lot of people on here are full guns blazing when it comes to vanilla and like to believe no other version possibly has a fan base as big, but that’s simply not true. I personally love tbc better than any version of the game with wotlk and vanilla tied so I have no horse in this race. Wotlk has the biggest fan base and it makes sense, it’s the version of the game that most people have played
    Last edited by Mosha; 2020-05-13 at 03:25 AM.

  6. #166
    This is by far one of the shittiest posts that I have ever seen in my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    how about you think before typing stupid shit like this
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Go fuck yourself you brainless retard.

  7. #167
    I want MoP but i dont want is on its last patch. How it’s probably gonna pan out: a few weeks between each launch raid, landfall about 3 months in, ToT/IoT 2 months after that, and another 6 or so for SoO. Forgot about the rebellion patch, put that in there between ToT and SoO.

    I hope its patch by patch rather than phases on a single patch. I understand why they did it with Classic, because it was at its most fleshed out point and with the least bugs. But with MoP, the game was more refined.

    I just miss kjc+mg and fel flame+lei shen trinket snapshotting.

    The worst thing about expansion servers like classic/tbc/etc is that you will have multiple communities, divided.
    Last edited by Usernameforforums; 2020-05-13 at 04:05 AM.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    The worst thing about expansion servers like classic/tbc/etc is that you will have multiple communities, divided.
    As long as there're enough people on each expansion server to keep things alive and going, why would you care?

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    LK definitely makes sense, the game community was at its peak and the game was also very good.
    After that it's increasingly more similar to retail and less interesting to replay imho, but it's of course subjective.
    WotLK is the "peak" because it's the beginning of the end and there is always some lag between causes and effects. The actual "peak" (i.e. "best moment") is TBC. WotLK IS the moment retail design starts and "old WoW" ends, it just took a bit for it to affect the community.
    Automated grouping, reset at each patch, stat inflation, faceroll 5-men, AoE spam, removal of mana and threat management, all started in WotLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    You understand nost with both servers up totaled up to like 10k consistently correct?
    Nost had about 13k on a single server. Maybe you should get your facts straight.
    Last edited by Akka; 2020-05-13 at 08:33 AM.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    WotLK is the "peak" because it's the beginning of the end and there is always some lag between causes and effects. The actual "peak" (i.e. "best moment") is TBC. WotLK IS the moment retail design starts and "old WoW" ends, it just took a bit for it to affect the community.
    Automated grouping, reset at each patch, stat inflation, faceroll 5-men, AoE spam, removal of mana and threat management, all started in WotLK.
    Is this why WotLK pservers have been by far the most popular for the past 5-10 years?

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Tbc was a great expansion that brought lots of new stuff to the table. Insane looking sets, great flying mounts and rep farms, sick races, arena and some of the best raids ever. Wotlk was more or less a continuation of this that didn't add anything new at all. Wotlk was also great and for some it was their first expansion that's why they value it so highly, it was also during wotlk that the esport wow scene thrived and we saw some of the best matches ever but no matter how good it was nothing new. If they release wotlk then they might as well release everything else. It would make more sense to release legion again instead of wotlk because legion was exactly like tbc, it added new stuff and changed a lot the world.

    I understand why they would release tbc again, it was much different than classic with a completely new playstyle which was also fun but anything else more than this and I will be like WTF, it will be the first company releasing all their games for a second time. It will be total madness imo living the same cycle again.
    Knowing what we know now, I predict many would play the first hero class ..


  12. #172
    I honestly don't understand why people herald WOTLK as being so good. Maybe because that's when they started playing, a.k.a Wrath Babies? Here's some perspective from someone who raided Vanilla --> TBC --> WOTLK.

    WOTLK gets released. Getting to 80 is a joke, with easy quests, elite group-quests that could be soloed all over the place if you were good (except the Arena in the frost-troll area). We walk into Naxxramas25, and we 1-shot everything while wearing our Sunwell Plateau gear from TBC (because triple-gem-slots is OP). We realise Sapphiron's aura did more dmg in Lv60 Naxxramas when we had 4k HP than in WOTLK when we had 25k HP. Malygos was OK, but some people got put off because of the vehicle portion of the fight. Sartharion + 3 drakes 25man was the only decently challenging content we had, as a raiding guild that had cleared most of Naxx in Vanilla and all of SWP in TBC.
    Vault of Archavon is a PUGable Loot Pinata that rewarded current Raiding and Gladiator gear. Casualization of the game has begun, with raiding gear and Gladi gear dropping from bosses that were disgustingly easy.

    Ulduar gets released. Stellar raid, amazing aesthetics, amazing bossfights, introduction of Hard Modes etc and so forth. Noone complained, everyone loved it. Alas, it lasted very, very little.

    TOTGC is released. Boring raid. 1 room, no trash mobs. Limited attempts. Gated bosses. Only hard part was getting Tribute to Dedicated Insanity, which we never got, cause Anub'arak was a bitch (Tribute to Dedicated Insanity was where you 1-shot everything).

    Then, lastly, came the dreaded 13 months of ICC. THIRTEEN MONTHS. Gated progress, piss-easy bosses, except the end-wing bosses of each wing, these being Prof Putridice, Blood Queen Lan'Athel and LK25HC himself. Huge need to run 10man HC as well as 25man HC because some loot from 10man HC (which, mind you, was on par with 25man Normal, i.e ilvl264) was damn good. Getting Bloodbathed and Frostbrood Vanquisher was fun, I guess, but a raid with 13 bosses where only 2 of them were of any decent challenge, and 1 (LK25HC) was an amazing bossfight that needed hundreds of wipes is not the definition of a "good" raid. Ulduar, was a good raid. Thorim/Hodir/Freya/Mimiron hardmodes were amazing. Yogg + 0, Algalon, the list goes on. Even the Iron Council with its different ordering of killing the bosses was a very nice tribute to the Bug Trio in AQ40.

    I'm not even gonna mention Ruby Sanctum, that was just....irrelevant.

    Hence, for a veteran hardcore raider, WOTLK was not a good expansion. The starting tier was a joke, Ulduar was amazing, TOTGC was shit, ICC was shit bar 3-4 fights that were spectacular. I'm not even gonna start about WOTLK's "Heroic" dungeons, that were a far-cry from TBC's excellent Heroic dungeons. You could wipe in Shattered Halls HC or Shadow Labyrinth HC in T6 gear, if you played badly. In WOTLK? As a bear tank in full 277 gear and my 284 weap from LK? I could practically solo them. This was also when Mionelol (kudos if you remember who he is) started his solo projects, if I remember correctly.

    So...yeah. WOTLK was bad, for a veteran. I'm sure for a new player who started in WOTLK it was amazing. But for us, it was not.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarator8 View Post
    Is this why WotLK pservers have been by far the most popular for the past 5-10 years?
    They haven't and you're making shit up ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    I honestly don't understand why people herald WOTLK as being so good. Maybe because that's when they started playing, a.k.a Wrath Babies? Here's some perspective from someone who raided Vanilla --> TBC --> WOTLK.
    That's my experience as well.
    Empirical I know, but I noticed a HUGE turn-over during WotLK. Tons of veterans left, tons of new players came. The sub stayed mostly stable, which means we basically "replaced" the pre-WotLK playerbase with the "Wrath babies". Which would kind of explain why WotLK is so loved by today's playerbase while it was pretty reviled by the Vanilla-TBC one.

    I also had the roughly the same experience as you about WotLK, despite being in a somewhat casual guild (with much lower progression). Even for non-hardcore, WotLk was just boringly easy outside hard-mode raid. It was the beginning of "the only relevant content is the latest raid tier", everything outside raids being completely trivial and devoid of any progression. It's the expansion that killed the WoW of old.
    Last edited by Akka; 2020-05-13 at 10:23 AM.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    They haven't ?
    They have lol. Just go look around some aggregate data about pservers and you'll see they still are.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarator8 View Post
    They have lol. Just go look around some aggregate data about pservers and you'll see they still are.
    You're the one making the claim, you're the one having to prove it. Don't ask others to do your work for you.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    They haven't and you're making shit up ?

    That's my experience as well.
    Empirical I know, but I noticed a HUGE turn-over during WotLK. Tons of veterans left, tons of new players came. The sub stayed mostly stable, which means we basically "replaced" the pre-WotLK playerbase with the "Wrath babies". Which would kind of explain why WotLK is so loved by today's playerbase while it was pretty reviled by the Vanilla-TBC one.

    I also had the roughly the same experience as you about WotLK, despite being in a somewhat casual guild (with much lower progression). Even for non-hardcore, WotLk was just boringly easy outside hard-mode raid. It was the beginning of "the only relevant content is the latest raid tier", everything outside raids being completely trivial and devoid of any progression. It's the expansion that killed the WoW of old.
    Basicly, yeah. I vividly remember farming Gruul's Lair for Dragonspine Trophy for our Rogues even when we were progressing SWP - that item was just so good. Just like we farmed BWL even when we were doing Naxx cause Neltharion's Tear was so good. Just like we farmed Rag for Choker of the Firelord. It was the expansion where itemlevel trumped EVERYTHING. Ulduar 25man dropped 226 item level gear, with Hardmodes being half a tier higher, at 232. TOTC/TOTGC came along, and boom, free 245 item level gear from 25man NORMAL. Gone were the days of unique, powerful items that came from ONE place, and ONE place only, that were useable till the end of the expansion. It really was the end of the WoW of old, the WoW that made the game as popular as it was. I'm one of those few that stayed behind, and progressed through WOTLK, Cata, MOP (MOP was great, another discussion though), WOD and Legion, only quitting in BFA when half my skills as a Guardian Druid got removed.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You're the one making the claim, you're the one having to prove it. Don't ask others to do your work for you.
    I would if it weren't against this forum's rules to promote pservers or sites there. But literally, all you have to do is to google "WoW pserver statistics", click the first result that comes up (I just checked now to be sure), and you'll find out by yourself. If you can't be bothered doing that, then that's your problem I guess not mine.

    Just a cursory search will show you that WotLK makes up for around 60-70% of numbers at least (ofc we can't know what 5000+ actually means but with the only 5000+ servers being WotLK it's not a big mistake by any margin), with the rest somewhat scattered between TBC and modern expansions such as Legion. Vanilla is pretty much non existent at this point, obviously.
    Last edited by Zarator8; 2020-05-13 at 11:04 AM.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    WotLK is the "peak" because it's the beginning of the end and there is always some lag between causes and effects. The actual "peak" (i.e. "best moment") is TBC. WotLK IS the moment retail design starts and "old WoW" ends, it just took a bit for it to affect the community.
    Automated grouping, reset at each patch, stat inflation, faceroll 5-men, AoE spam, removal of mana and threat management, all started in WotLK.

    Nost had about 13k on a single server. Maybe you should get your facts straight.
    Nost had 13k and that was it’s PEAK. It NORMALLY had 10. Get things straight

    Also the wotlk comment is just subjective. Wotlk is the objective peak of wow. Period, end of discussion, nothing to talk about.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    They haven't and you're making shit up ?

    That's my experience as well.
    Empirical I know, but I noticed a HUGE turn-over during WotLK. Tons of veterans left, tons of new players came. The sub stayed mostly stable, which means we basically "replaced" the pre-WotLK playerbase with the "Wrath babies". Which would kind of explain why WotLK is so loved by today's playerbase while it was pretty reviled by the Vanilla-TBC one.

    I also had the roughly the same experience as you about WotLK, despite being in a somewhat casual guild (with much lower progression). Even for non-hardcore, WotLk was just boringly easy outside hard-mode raid. It was the beginning of "the only relevant content is the latest raid tier", everything outside raids being completely trivial and devoid of any progression. It's the expansion that killed the WoW of old.
    Wotlk private servers have been and are the most popular.... go check out warmanes population. It literally had the highest population ANY p server has ever had. Period.

    I get you might be a vanilla or tbc fan boy (I’m a tbc fan boy myself) but you’ve got to swallow your pride and look at the facts. Wotlk is king when it comes to popularity.

    Warmane by itself (which there are a ton more) consistently brings in ~30-40k players consistently on the daily on their wotlk servers
    Last edited by Mosha; 2020-05-13 at 12:38 PM.

  19. #179
    Wotlk private servers have been up since Cataclysm was released and a couple of them have 50k active users on at a time between their server cluster. Wrath is probably the most popular version of the game that people consistently replay

  20. #180
    Old God Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    10,247
    They'll do the trilogy. I think up to WotLK... cannot imagine many people clamouring form Classic Cataclysm though :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-05-13 at 12:56 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •