New Subtlety Ability Datamined

SHADOWS OF THE AZERITE LEGION
    45sec CD
    10 Azerite Ninja Shadow Clones perform Shadowy Duels with your Target. During the Shadowy Duel, each participant plays the guitar solo from Free Bird to ANIMACHARGE their Symbols of Death, unleashing a torrent of Azerite Infused Shadow Energy for [800% of Attack Power] damage and an additional secondary blast which deals [200% of Attack Power] anima-infused damage and also each secondary blast summons a Skateboarding Ninja that fights along side you (and breaks all of your CCs) for 15 seconds
    Generates 2 Combo Points

[this is obviously a parody but if I toned it down 10% you would probably believe it....]
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

I would only accept this if the naruto rap plays every time you press the button and it starts a new layer instead of resetting when used on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I would only accept this if the naruto rap plays every time you press the button and it starts a new layer instead of resetting when used on CD.
    Blizzard: "you're hired!"
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    SHADOWS OF THE AZERITE LEGION
    45sec CD
    10 Azerite Ninja Shadow Clones perform Shadowy Duels with your Target. During the Shadowy Duel, each participant plays the guitar solo from Free Bird to ANIMACHARGE their Symbols of Death, unleashing a torrent of Azerite Infused Shadow Energy for [800% of Attack Power] damage and an additional secondary blast which deals [200% of Attack Power] anima-infused damage and also each secondary blast summons a Skateboarding Ninja that fights along side you (and breaks all of your CCs) for 15 seconds
    Generates 2 Combo Points

[this is obviously a parody but if I toned it down 10% you would probably believe it....]
    You know... I think Shadow Clone Jutsu is a pretty cool ability for Sub. Naruto reference aside, I think if they could find a different way to name it and show what's happening; call it Blades in the Shadow.

I think subs biggest issue since the Legion remake is that they half assed it and it's too much like the old rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    You know... I think Shadow Clone Jutsu is a pretty cool ability for Sub. Naruto reference aside, I think if they could find a different way to name it and show what's happening; call it Blades in the Shadow.

I think subs biggest issue since the Legion remake is that they half assed it and it's too much like the old rogue.
    I think taking a spec that existed since 2004 and forcing an entirely new ClassFantasyTM (or should I call it Cringe Fantasy?) on it out of left field is not going to be a recipe for happy players.

I wonder whether the target audience for that redesign is players who already played and loved Subtlety, or whether it was players who were playing other classes and specs to try to lure them over and boost Subtlety's popularity. If the latter, I have to question that approach. It's a game with 36 unique specs that fill very different niches, and the niche Subtlety already filled is an important one.

I'm not opposed to a new spec with the class fantasy that you want. The problem that I have with it is that it replaced MY spec.

― Douglas Adams

I think taking a spec that existed since 2004 and forcing an entirely new ClassFantasyTM (or should I call it Cringe Fantasy?) on it out of left field is not going to be a recipe for happy players.

I wonder whether the target audience for that redesign is players who already played and loved Subtlety, or whether it was players who were playing other classes and specs to try to lure them over and boost Subtlety's popularity. If the latter, I have to question that approach. It's a game with 36 unique specs that fill very different niches, and the niche Subtlety already filled is an important one.

I'm not opposed to a new spec with the class fantasy that you want. The problem that I have with it is that it replaced MY spec.
    this is the best post! right over target ima.

yea um blizzard hates us fyi. especial chris metzen. wonder if anyone ever figured that out before hand..
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

That's kind of the point I was getting to. You play Sub now and it's sort of like the original sub, there are similarities, its close enough that most people just want it turned back to a better time. They should have nuked the damn thing from orbit and gave an entirely different spec fantasy. Whether sub players (I played sub and combat, before you say it wouldn't effect me) liked the new spec or not would be immaterial to new players picking it up.

I also always really thought giving "Subtlety" it's own spec was a mistake from the get go. If you look at the sub tree it has mainly skills that seem to boost certain aspects of what the other specs did.

Ultimately, if they nuked Sub in Legion, we would be 4 years removed from the old spec anyway. Whatever the new spec was would get criticism about how it actually plays and what can be used to fix that. Currently there is too much, just make sub the way it was, style criticism and it's not that helpful. I also think if the revamp actually made a fun to play spec, the fact that it changed a bit fantasy wise wouldn't matter to people. Currently Sub is such a basic sustain +rotating burst window design it's really yawn worthy. If it weren't boring, even if it had issues, it would still be in a better spot.

This isn't directed towards you in anyway. Just a general observation about how Sub has moved along since Legion revamp.

I think a large part of the issue with subs identity for far too long was 'the pvp one'. Then it briefly had this bleed amping theme (which was cool imo) then in legion they awkwardly shoved all dots into muti and sub became this 'shadow ninja'. Except it wasn't really a shadow ninja it was just old sub without the bleeds and a shadow ninja skin.

I mean look at secret technique, for example, it supposedly uses 'shadow clones' but actually its cleave eviscerate the 'clones' do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    That's kind of the point I was getting to. You play Sub now and it's sort of like the original sub, there are similarities, its close enough that most people just want it turned back to a better time.
    I want old Subtlety back because I loved old Subtlety and thought it was nearly flawless in its design.

Whether or not new Subtlety is still somewhat similar to it (it totally isn't btw...) has nothing at all to do with it.

Even if you replaced it with a machine gun wielding mecha-bard I would still ask for old Subtlety back, because old Subtlety was a nearly perfect spec, the most interesting and cool spec that has ever existed in this game.

Your point of view doesn't stand up to basic examination.

― Douglas Adams

Hopefully @Coldkill will close this thread soon.

I understand you don't like the current/future design of Subtlety, but making these kind of threads on the forum is just sad.

- - - Updated - - -

I want old Subtlety back because I loved old Subtlety and thought it was nearly flawless in its design.
    You have said this a thousand times now and I completely respect it.

What I don't respect is you making these kind of threads over and over. It's really not productive in any way.

You already made the same post in another thread. I guess we needed a whole thread for this because reasons?

Also grow up.

I know you feel that you are more entitled to Sub than other players because you have mained the spec for a long time, but you have to understand that you are an extremely small minority in the game. What you want Sub to be is not very popular in general and therefore Blizzard are just no going to cater to that.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You already made the same post in another thread. I guess we needed a whole thread for this because reasons?

Also grow up.
    its been the same broken record for more than 2 years now. its not likely to change.

kind of like sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Hopefully @Coldkill will close this thread soon.

I understand you don't like the current/future design of Subtlety, but making these kind of threads on the forum is just sad.
    But just because there Shoegazing will never change their opinion doesn't mean there's isn't space for discussion though.

I mean there have already been posts about what sub's thematic and mechanical space should be and if it lives up to that idea (and why it possibly doesn't).

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    But just because there Shoegazing will never change their opinion doesn't mean there's isn't space for discussion though.

I mean there have already been posts about what sub's thematic and mechanical space should be and if it lives up to that idea (and why it possibly doesn't).
    I agree that we should discuss the Sub Rogue but there are already other productive threads where this is going on.

However, this thread was clearly not made to have a debate...

Shoegazing is clearly not interested in discussing anything because in his world he is right. There is no debate from his perspective. It's "old sub or you're wrong". No grey zones. And now he is showing his anger and disappointment by making these sarcastic threads. I understand why he is mad but it's just not the right way to handle things you're not happy with.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem that I have with it is that it replaced MY spec.
    And I get that you're mad about it. But you have to realize that Blizzard don't care what one person thinks.

- - - Updated - - -

and the niche Subtlety already filled is an important one.
    Blizzard clearly don't agree that it was important.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-05-05 at 06:55 PM.

Whether or not new Subtlety is still somewhat similar to it (it totally isn't btw...) has nothing at all to do with it.

Even if you replaced it with a machine gun wielding mecha-bard I would still ask for old Subtlety back, because old Subtlety was a nearly perfect spec, the most interesting and cool spec that has ever existed in this game.

It's not a massive departure.

By your own words your opinion doesn't matter either.

It’s been like 4 years now and you are still on about sub. Most players who hated Legion quit wow and barely post about it anymore... yet you are still obsessed with wow for whatever reason even though you clearly don’t like how sub rogue is.

I sure hope that you never have a breakup with your gf, bf, or whatever. Or everyone you know would have to hear your winning 4 years after the breakup happened.

Yeah, nothing worth going here. Closing.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.