Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Classic - In-Game Combat Log Range Decreased

WoW Classic - In-Game Combat Log Range Decreased
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Earlier today, we deployed a WoW Classic hotfix to all regions:

• The in-game combat log radius has been fixed, and now only displays information for units that are within 50 yards of the player.

This matches the original behavior of WoW 1.12, and should eliminate the ability for addons to extend players’ senses and detect enemy actions at a greater distance than intended.

This fix does not affect text logs that the game outputs for raid parses.

Damn gonna miss the spy addon, was nice for avoiding mass groups while questing

Great news

No changes means no changes

"This matches the original behavior of WoW 1.12"

Great!

30y isn't that much difference, we'll see what it's like in-game I suppose. Anyone know the current character pop-in distance? Guessing 50y?

Working with this for a few hours the add on is only good for seeing people who don't care if you see them, which means, yeah pvp happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    30y isn't that much difference, we'll see what it's like in-game I suppose. Anyone know the current character pop-in distance? Guessing 50y?
    Yes, it's approx 50 yards, give or take. So spy will still be good, but it will only give you info that you could have visual got with your eyes by paying attention.

So rouges are still fucked. good.
    I fucking hate rouges.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    Damn gonna miss the spy addon, was nice for avoiding mass groups while questing
    Spy just becomes slightly less useful, but still useful.

Does combat log still provide info on characters coming in to your 50y range, if they have buffs on?
    Or does those buffs have to be cast with in that 50y range for them to be plopped up on spy?

Cos how it worked before, if you had a 30min buff you cast 20min ago, when you where in SW for example and you move over to STV.
    Everyone beeing with in 80y of you in STV would have you plopped up on spy, cos that buff showed in combat logg, even if that buff was cast 20min ago.
    Is this still the case, just that the range is now 50y? Cos if that is so, then spy is still insanely broken.

Spy still makes wonder against rogues.
    As a warrior as soon as I hear the stealth alarm from spy, I equip my heavy tanking gear with lots of defense/armor/shield. They dont even want to open.
    On my warlock, as soon as I hear the alarm, I set my felhunter to aggressive. Felhunter with its paranoia ability will always attack a rogue before he has time to open on you if you keep walking. If you're standing still it works often but not all the time.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is NOT how world pvp was back in Vanilla, at all. This is cheating. I did a test, as a rogue I went wayyyy up in the mountains to a random spot and did an ability then stealthed. And within 10 seconds 3 horde show up and find me in stealth and rip my face off. Hit lists and all that bs, it's honestly weird. Who honestly does this as a hit squad running around with a hit list or just sitting there waiting. This is NOT vanilla. I played in vanilla and I will take getting ganked, it's what I signed up for on a pvp realm. To quote Galdiator, This is not it, this is NOT it.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    This is NOT how world pvp was back in Vanilla, at all. This is cheating. I did a test, as a rogue I went wayyyy up in the mountains to a random spot and did an ability then stealthed. And within 10 seconds 3 horde show up and find me in stealth and rip my face off. Hit lists and all that bs, it's honestly weird. Who honestly does this as a hit squad running around with a hit list or just sitting there waiting. This is NOT vanilla. I played in vanilla and I will take getting ganked, it's what I signed up for on a pvp realm. To quote Galdiator, This is not it, this is NOT it.
    No, it's not vanilla. It's classic.

It's the same game, but the people have changed. Not sure why you'd think that's surprising. Gaming culture in 2019 is very different than it was in 2004.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    PVP happened? No, tell me it isn't so!

Honestly this fits in with the theme of more server-specific reputations - something people wanted to see more of in Classic.

C'mon, what did you do to offend the horde on your realm so much?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    PVP happened? No, tell me it isn't so!
    Did you read my whole post? Or do you just like to put a sarcastic remark to make you feel better and move on? A. or B. ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    No, it's not vanilla. It's classic.

It's the same game, but the people have changed. Not sure why you'd think that's surprising. Gaming culture in 2019 is very different than it was in 2004.
    It's NOT the people, it's the spybot addon that is a cheat. Cripes no one read what I wrote lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moor Shadows View Post
    Honestly this fits in with the theme of more server-specific reputations - something people wanted to see more of in Classic.

C'mon, what did you do to offend the horde on your realm so much?
    IT's like this all over and it's almost 4:1 horde so...Like I said I don't mind getting ganked and love world pvp, but this, this is different, they've crossed the line - "Dark Knight"
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Should get better when they release BGs. People are just trying to grind HK.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    Should get better when they release BGs. People are just trying to grind HK.
    Which I get and accept. But the fact that the spybot addon is a thing, which was NOT a thing in Vanilla. Just put in LFG addon then.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan