Modem/Router Issue

So the story. Swapped out a modem/router combo that was from Spectrum for an all in one unit Modem/Router (Netgear C6300 (please reserve opinions and thoughts on all in one units, I really don't care, focus on the problem)). Called up Spectrum and did the usual BS with the serial and MAC numbers. Internet and modem/router works! Hurrah! All devices work and connect as well. Hurrah! Can access modem/router gui from my hard lined PC. Hurrah hurrah!

We return a TV box along with said provided Modem and Router and tell them to cancel the line connected with said TV box unit and to leave the internet alone and on. Get home; low and behold, none of our wireless devices can no longer connect. Checked the box and neither the 2.4 or 5Ghz lights are on. And to top it off cannot connect to the modem/router gui any longer. Have tried connecting via the routerlogin.net/.com and the IP method, both yielding different results. The site method takes me to Netgears home/products/networking/routerlogincom and the IP method gives me a "The connection has timed out" message, despite the fact I'm typing this out and posting this on my hard lined PC that supposedly keeps timing out it's connection to the modem/router.

How can I have internet access, but not have any access to the modem with which I'm receiving internet through?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, I've tried the two other buttons on the unit.
    Yes, I've tried turning it off and on.
    Yes, I've tried unplugging it.
    Yes, I've tried calling them. Talked to three different people. The two above mentioned steps were their finest attempts; and most common suggestion between the three, at figuring out the problem.
    At times, the frequent redundancy and stupidity of these forums, turns me into an argumentative ass.

To most of you, I apologize in advance. I will attempt to be nicer.

You try doing a hard reset of the router?

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    You try doing a hard reset of the router?
    Reset button, power button, and unplugging.
    At times, the frequent redundancy and stupidity of these forums, turns me into an argumentative ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Reset button, power button, and unplugging.
    Not the same thing. Hard reset reverts it back to the default settings of the firmware that the isp put on there. Pushing it is more of a restart

Not the same thing. Hard reset reverts it back to the default settings of the firmware that the isp put on there. Pushing it is more of a restart
    Didn't think that I'd even need to do a factory reset on a modem, let alone that there was one. Resolved. Thanks.

Still don't get what went wrong though. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Didn't think that I'd even need to do a factory reset on a modem, let alone that there was one. Resolved. Thanks.

Still don't get what went wrong though. >.>
    So my fixed worked? Either way some times you just gotta start over.

So my fixed worked? Either way some times you just gotta start over.
    Yep, everything is back up and working again.