Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    from what i see in alpha, at least 4 classes are broken OP, the others aren't because they aren't fully implemented yet (lol)
    So i wonder where did u get that confidence DH will be broken OP ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    I hope so lol
    Planning on maining it
    picking a toon right now that isnbt just a favorite regardless of power level is going to be a huge mistake. but hey, whatever works for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Stop trying to make opaf a thing. It was lame in 2015, and the situation did not improve since. Especially since we have the good old FOTM.

OT: The main issue is the mixed signals from blizzard. They drop class changes early, saying they want more time for testing. The changes are lacking, slapstick and uninspired, so people start posting on forums like it's rapture time. And then devs follow it up with "no more major changes" and complete silence on forums for over a month.
    complete silence - except the blue posts for balance and such. yeah. over a month, you mean when alpha started? for the xpac that wont launch until novemberish?

cool. being angry gets things done i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zqyauain View Post
    Looking at the people playing the alfa (wich will barely change btw dont even quote me on that) every class plays badly, and by badly i mean just like in Bfa when you hit 120 and went to do outdoor stuff OUTSIDE OF DEMON HUNTERS OF COURSE. So my question is, is demon hunter the safest bet to roll? I always mained warrior but im not a tank, playing arms sounds like washing dishes and its not appealing to me to press overpower or slam on cooldown and fury isint that great either. So what am i supposed to do right here my dude bros?
    How about when the game launches you try them out your self.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I don't have an alpha key, so I follow the news on YT for the time being. For example, according to Bellular, DHs and Warlocks (all specs) are really strong atm, Mages are just so-so and Shadow is terrible. And other streamers, e.g. Preach, seem to more or less agree.
    Arn't mages always kinda crap at the start of an expansion and then later become power houses because they scale so much off of secondary stats?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Arn't mages always kinda crap at the start of an expansion and then later become power houses because they scale so much off of secondary stats?
    No this has not been the case for mage since at least cataclysm. There is no outlying scaling or anything like that. If mage is stronger in later patches at any time in modern wow its because they just create broken items or effects later

It's safe to say that something is going to be op no matter what and someone is going to complain about it so I really wouldn't bother caring what class is OP at the moment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    from what i see in alpha, at least 4 classes are broken OP, the others aren't because they aren't fully implemented yet (lol)
    So i wonder where did u get that confidence DH will be broken OP ?
    DHs just the new QQ
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    complete silence - except the blue posts for balance and such. yeah. over a month, you mean when alpha started? for the xpac that wont launch until novemberish?

cool. being angry gets things done i guess.
    Don't split hairs, I've obviously meant no replies in any class feedback threads, even the official ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    It's the newest class, so they want them to shine more than others for the time being. But thankfully most demon hunters I've met are kids that don't know how to play very good, so it balances itself out.
    DH is popular because it's simple and straightforward. It's part of why I like it even though I'm in my 30's
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    My Death knight was my First 90,100,110 and 120. It is going to be my First level 60 as well.

Just play whichever class makes you happy man.
    Same lol my Paladin was my first 60, and I plan to make him my first 60 again. some people get to warped up in the FotM, for me it's now more of a journey with my toon than anything else. I give major props to the players that stick with their monks and shammys no matter the dips.

i would not play at all if that was the case
    Take your azerite armor off and your neck... There is the class design. Find something you like now on live.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

7+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the people playing the alfa (wich will barely change btw dont even quote me on that) every class plays badly, and by badly i mean just like in Bfa when you hit 120 and went to do outdoor stuff OUTSIDE OF DEMON HUNTERS OF COURSE. So my question is, is demon hunter the safest bet to roll? I always mained warrior but im not a tank, playing arms sounds like washing dishes and its not appealing to me to press overpower or slam on cooldown and fury isint that great either. So what am i supposed to do right here my dude bros?
    If you like getting shat on because you play the 'easiest' class in a game full of 'easiest' classes and want to be in for 100% of your raid teams raid nights, then DH would be the right choice in terms of picking a class for an upcoming wow expansion. But the objectively right choice would be stop playing altogether.

Jokes aside (or am I joking) - DH's are currently (alpha) quite shitty as well or so I heard... so yeah unless they're losing their Spelldmg amp at least the last point still stands
    /shrug
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

DH is usually egregious because of a confluence of different factors.

1. It's very effective damage in nearly all scenarios - single target, low target AoE, high target AoE, sustained damage, burst damage... DH is one of the better DPS specs in all of those. While some other specs may be better in a given scenario, no other spec is in the top tier at ALL of those.

2. It's very simple to play. Your rotation is almost identical no matter what, and involves fairly few abilities. You just cycle through the same 3 buttons on cooldown, and will do great DPS. There's room for smart play, but the spread between optimal and less than optimal tends to be smaller for DH than for most other specs.

3. It is highly resilient. Between leech built into a main ability and a ton of amazing defensives, DH has insane survivability for a damage dealer.

4. It is highly mobile. One of the main downsides of melee is the fact that you need to be in melee range to deal damage, however DH is one of the if not the most mobile class in the game.

They just do too many things too well.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    High burst, sustain, self-healing and defensives for solo tower, mobility and utility for M+, brainless to dunk scrubs in lower brackets for PVP and probably the best melee so reasonable enough for raiding. Yes, yes they will be OP.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Rogue is playing differently, its squishier, the pick pocket crimson vial system isn't enabled yet, the classes are still going through changes due to baseline poisons and snd.
    Oh, god to know, was under the impression that it was the same, maybe just outlaw? I am pretty sure thtat i haerd that about a spec, but i'm not sure.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Mostly the state of the classes is based on feedback, its not just always based on YOUR feedback.

We who sit here on MMO Champion and are tryhards abd what not is a insanely low part of the entire playerbase.

For what we now, they are rioting in China by the millions over shadow priest being OP or something and that is feedback they have to consider.

Point being, stop assume your view of the classes are mainstream opinons and try to get into feedback and send really well written reports there.

Most of you are going to complain no matter what they do with the classes anyway.

Me personally I hope they stop trying to balance it anf goes back to making something that is fun to play.

If you want to play the meta or OP class just pick the absolute best and worst class in the Beta. The worst class is almost always buffed after launch and the best class will usually stick around for at least one full patch, maybe two. And yes, Dh is always a safe bet, they're losing a few things, but they're receiving back a lot more in turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    So are you not playing at all?

Badly or well is a matter of opinion. It is however pretty obvious almost ever spec plays pretty much exactly the same as they are on live, which can be a good or a bad thing depending on how well the spec works in bfa.
    My 2 cents on this is that almost no specs bar perhaps 1 or 2 have the complexity that makes specs actually fun to play. Shadowlands, sadly, doesnt seem to change this(with most of the things returning being flavour stuff, cd's or suck that have no rotational complex impact).

Blizzard needs to bring back some complexity to allow for people to stand out by skill, instead of random star prox.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Are DHs really that op? AoE wise a DK or Fire Mage will wipe the floor with him and ST a Balance druid i miles better.

PvP. Yes. They have an annoying toolkit ontop of being freakishly easy to play. And with "the Hunt" they will be quite difficult to deal with.
    thr problem is that DH do all very easy,2 button.efficiency, and if you add that it has a powerful dps ... there you have it.happen the same thing with bm,powerfull damage+2 buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    My 2 cents on this is that almost no specs bar perhaps 1 or 2 have the complexity that makes specs actually fun to play. Shadowlands, sadly, doesnt seem to change this(with most of the things returning being flavour stuff, cd's or suck that have no rotational complex impact).

Blizzard needs to bring back some complexity to allow for people to stand out by skill, instead of random star prox.
    Not everyone likes "complexity", which I see is often here being associated with "I wanna pres MOAR battanz cuz dat is skiel!".

Many people prefer to not go mental arming themselves to teeth with weak auras juggling around crap-ton of abilities and shit to do their stuff. I am one of those - I find enough complexity in Mythic raiding as is to add another layer of bullshit on top of it, just because some scrubs feel they want "moar battanz"! Mythic raiding basically drowns you in WA packs, trackers and literally google spreadsheets filled step by step directions for encounters - for me it's enough to deal with, personally.

That's why you have 36 specs - there are specs that are meant to be simple and there are specs that almost assume you pack WAs and what not, because you need to track their shit to be effective at all times. It's fine to have specs like Havoc, BM or Destruction that don't force you into complete bullshit to be effective. Then you have a whole shitton of specs that are moderate and finally a few that are a mess of stuff as some seem to like.

Choose your poison and don't tell me there is nothing among 36 specs, that's BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So far this is not really secondary stats thing. I think secondary stats snowballing is historically Warrior domain, the rest need some sort of trick there. It's always some sort of interaction between specific items and/or specific new systems we inevitably get in mid-late expansion patches.

Whether it's something simple like that Doom Nova trinket or compounding effect of Mecha braces alongside with specific talent and Masterful corruption - it's usually that for many classes that go to stratosphere by the end of expansion.

You can't even know what class or spec will get it - all it takes is some broken synergy with specific thing that gets added down the road. This happens every expansion one way or another. The only constant is that if you want only to DPS and don't want to reroll every patch, it's best to play a pure class, simply because 3 specs give you greater chance of one of them lucking out on said stacking interaction.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-05-09 at 11:07 PM.