Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    FF9
    Only if it isn't done by Tetsuya Nomura. FF7 Remake was good gameplay wise, but the new places he took the story was awful. And since FF9 is my all-time favourite I would hate it if they changed too much about it.

For my own list I don't have that many to be honest. I already got Spyro Reignited and Okami still holds up today. Medievil also got a remake and is okay. Halo 2 Anniversary Edition is also great no complaints from me there.

-Primal on PS2 would have been nice. Was a cool game with an interesting story that deserve some more love if you ask me.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2020-05-10 at 11:37 AM.

1. Terranigma Remake (Never hit the US)
    2. Final Fantasy 9 Remake
    3. Kingdom Hearts 1 Re:Make
    4. Star Wars: Jedi Knight Series Remake
    5. KotoR I + II Remake
    6. Suikoden I + II Remake

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Only if it isn't done by Tetsuya Nomura. FF7 Remake was good gameplay wise, but the new places he took the story was awful. And since FF9 is my all-time favourite I would hate it if they changed too much about it.
    True. Final Fantasy 9 was a love letter to oldschool Final Fantasy games when it came out, a remake should be the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    True. Final Fantasy 9 was a love letter to oldschool Final Fantasy games when it came out, a remake should be the same.
    Yeah and sadly the man behind the old Final Fantasies aren't with Squeenix anymore: Sakaguchi. FF9 was also his favourite.
    They did get Nobuo Uematsu to come back and help compose new music for FF7 Remake but I doubt they will get Sakaguchi to come back for a potential FF9.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Old game is still there if they change the story too much. At least that's how I see it. Why I want a remake of ff9 isn't because of story though, it's simply because I think I would love having a FF7 Remake combat system as well as well as seeing the world be realised with updated technology.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Persona 3 (at least a port for PS4/5)
    Persona 4 (at least a port for PS4/5)
    NieR (Wish granted lol)
    Drakengard 3
    Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy (A nice port to modern consoles with some combat adjustments would be great)

10+ Year Old Account
    Jak & Daxter, Jak 2 and Jak 3

Jagged Alliance 2
    System Shock 2
    Tie Figher
    Beyond Good & Evil
    Heroes of Might&Magic 3
    Syndicate
    Dead Space 1+2
    Zelda: The Wind Waker

Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I would want Zelda 1 & 2 remade in a open world like BotW and combined together as a single story covering the adventures of the first Link, done in a art style reminiscent of the original artwork for the games, with new smaller adventures and maybe a new "3rd quest" set after Zelda 2. Likewise, I would also like to see the same thing done with the adventures of the Link from Link to the Past/Awakening/Oracles as one continuous story of his travels, perhaps that one done with a more linear OoT/MM/TP style 3D world. Sprinkle on top some nice new hints of stronger connections to the rest of the series timeline before and after as well as a nice touch.

I would also be fine with a pretty standard 3D remake of Super Mario RPG. Just graphical update, nothing like completely changing the battle system or something.

Not really a "remake" as more a reboot, but I want to see the SNK vs Capcom series revived in 3 installments (all done in 3D similar to Street Fighter 5 or MvC3):
    -SvC1: Done with a strong 80s/late 90s aesthetics, taking place in different stages set across South Town and Metro City, musical remixes of classic themes with a 80s action film style composition. Focusing on characters from Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Street Fighter 1/2/Alpha, Final Fight, Saturday Night Slam Masters and other "realistic" style games from around a similar time frame, with battle system combing elements of Fatal Fury and Street Fighter (such as FF's 2 plane dodge mechanic)

-SvC2: Focusing on a "new millennium" and "world tournament" style theme, taking influence from Street Fighter III and the NEST era King of Fighters titles. Roster would be completely different from first game and focus on fighters from the King of Fighters and Street Fighter 3/4/5/(and hell EX) and Rival Schools. Different battle system from first title, with mechanics such as a KoF 3 on 3 tag mechanic.

-SvC3: mechanics wise, this would just be a straight up over the top MvC style game for the most part. This entry would focus on just about every other character from both companies that wouldn't really fit with the styles or themes of the first two games and have a less "realistic" feel about them. This is where you would get the cast of Metal Slug, World Heroes, Darkstalkers, Red Earth, Mega Man, Ikari Warriors, Psycho Soldier, Samurai Shodown and many others. Would feature big MvC style boss fights in addition to classic computer controlled opponents.

And no SF5 bare bones ass releases, "just add the content later" approach to any of them.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2020-05-12 at 02:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    As much as i would love a Mass Effect remake/remaster i don't want that to happen. The ending of three was just way to bad. The only new Mass Effect thing i want is a reboot with no reapers. If you think about it, you could take the reapers out of all three and the games story would still work fine or better.

Diablo 2 which we may get.
    Max payne 1 and 2
    Metal gear solids...they did redo them as hd but i was MsG5s graphics on msg 1 2 3
    Crysis ...but might be getting that also

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me a re-do similar to the FF7R of Final Fantasy IX. Easily my favorite game ever, and if we got the same level of remake for IX as we are for VII... I'd be *so* happy.

Any of the Legacy of Kain games

Kotor 1 & 2

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

1. Final Fantasy VII(can just keep remaking them between(and including) VI and XII as far as I'm concerned, XI excluded of course)
    2. Resident Evil 4
    3. Bloodborne(a few fixes, frame rate, loading times, ect could make this a near perfect game)
    4. All 3D Zelda games
    5. All 3D Mario games
    6. Dragon's Dogma
    7. Xenoblade Chronicles
    8. Orange Box(honestly, this was perfect as is, perhaps just a new coat of paint for the modern tech)
    9. Witcher Series
    10. Dark/Demon's Souls

All those games are still amazing without touching them, so they should be even better with a remaster or remake.

I'll throw in Mass Effect series and Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door for good measure. I would have mentioned Fire Emblem, but they have never been better than the latest one, imo. Metal Gear Soild is already remastered iirc. Resident Evil already well in the works.

I would also say that there are a couple of Konami games I'd like to see remade, the Silent Hill series and Symphony of the Night.

The 3D Ninja Gaiden from the original Xbox was also a VERY good game, but I like Nioh 2 better, so I didn't list it. DOS2 is too new, but one day I'd like to see a remastered re-release with added content.

Edit: I don't know how I left out KOTOR. Remastered KOTOR or a completely reimagined planescape torment would be awesome.

I would also like to see the full FFXIII game package remastered and rereleased on Switch, since I never got to play those in full. I wouldn't turn down Legacy of Kain or Dino Crisis.

Oh, I remember another one:

PARASITE EVE

I would absolutely LOVE a Parasite Eve remake or sequel.

Let's do one more bolded one that may not show up in a lot of other lists(but is still great):

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

and with new proper graphics like this new Tales game, I wouldn't mind:

Tales of Symphonia
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-05-13 at 03:00 PM.

Diablo 2
    Warcraft 2
    Transport Tycoon
    HoMM 3 (but HotA is good enough i guess)
    C&C Generals

5+ Year Old Account
    Skies of Arcadia, Timesplitters, and Warcraft 3 but actually

Phantom Crash - my favourite mech game ever
    Jet Set Radio/Future

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Inspired by a side tangent in the Humble Bundle thread: King's Quest VI. Any of the franchise with modern graphics would be fantastic but VI is my alltime favourite and the one I'd 100% replay if it wasn't for how unbearable it is to look at by today's standards.
    I replayed the 3rd one, my favorite in the series recently, and it weren't for overwhelming nostalgia of growing up in that period of pc gaming, it would be completely unplayable. But I still love it, and ill probably replay it again next year.

WoW, huge graphic and gameplay update and preferably a new world because we have seen all of Azeroth by now

WC3...... which should not be ''Reforged''

Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun which will hopefully be a thing after the first 2 games do well

Dead Space which should probably be remade, making it more scary and atmospheric with a wider variety of necromorphs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan Penguin View Post
    snip

Final Fantasy 3/6. Lauded as one of the greatest RPGs of it's generation, and still one of the best FF games in the catalog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Original X-Com: Enemy Unknown aka UFO defense (1994 version). You could add in X-Com 2: Terror from the Deep together.
    The new ones just don't have that scary mystery feel the first one did.
    TFTD has been requested for so long. Even with the new generation, people are still speculating when they will do a TFTD. I'd lose my shit if they announced it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.