Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

What's your dream remake/HD collection?

If you could have any game remastered or make an HD collection, what would you want? Personally, I'm torn between:

a.) Call of Duty: The Second World War Remastered, containing modern remasters of:
    -Call of Duty
    -Call of Duty 2
    -Call of Duty 3
    -World at War
    -Big Red One
    -Finest Hour
    -Final Fronts
    -Roads to Victory

Many of the games in this collection might be unfamiliar to some players if they're younger or just weren't big on consoles back in the day, as COD3 and the last four I have listed would be coming to PC for the first time and generally just haven't seen the light of day for ages. I would also say this is a collection that will take some time to make, especially trying to rebuild ancient console and portable titles (in the case of Roads to Victory) on a modern engine. Split it between Raven and Beenox- both studios did an awesome job on the remasters of MW/MW2.

b.) Super Mario All Stars Deluxe; HD remasters noted by *, NSO support noted by ^
    -Super Mario 64*
    -Super Mario Sunshine*
    -Super Mario Galaxy 1+2*
    -New Super Mario Bros. Wii*
    -Super Mario World
    -Odyssey

Non Platformer Games:
    -Mario Party 2*^ (Wasn't sure what to choose. I felt like 2 best represented the series at its core without extra fluff.)
    -Paper Mario*
    -Mario Tennis*^
    -Mario Kart 64*^
    -Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (If Square-Enix will stop being hardasses about it.)

-Also contains the original All Stars games, this time with the option to choose between NES and SNES versions- in fact, all the remasters in this collection have that option.
    Last edited by Texan Penguin; 2020-05-08 at 07:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, WoW. I love the gave even in its current state, but imagine BfA level zone detail applied to Elwynn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

1) MASS EFFECT! By far and it seems we are getting that.
    2) All the other bioware titles^^

Honestly the games i would jump for,

Chrono trigger - Originally released on snes,

Chrono Trigger, was a game where you travelled back and forth threw time to save the timeline.

Dark Cloud 1 or 2 - Originally released on PS1, and PS2,

released late 90's early 2000's, this game was a dungeon crawler, where your town was kidnapped buildings, people streets, everything, you had to converse dungeon crawl and retrieve the town, and could rebuild it as you see fit, each game had multiple towns and months upon months of gameplay,

Primeval - released on Ps2,

you were a half demon hunted, and had to fight for survival, the graphics when released where top of the game, would love to see the story in todays graphics,

Star Wars - Jedi Knight - Jedi Acadamy II Outcast, Originally released early 2000's on PC,

You played a laid back jedi knight, after the fall of the order.
    the story was fun the game playstyle was great,
    updated and modified to todays graphics like used in the Recent Jedi game, and making the levels open world, so you could travel back to them would be amazing.

just a few but damn some of the games that i would love to see a remake of.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

In no particular order:

1. Dino Crisis
    2. Parasite Eve
    3. Chrono Cross
    4. The Legend of Dragoon
    5. The Shadow Hearts trilogy

FF9

Really curious how a Legend of Zelda remake would be. Or Legend of Zelda 2. Always liked that game despite its flaws.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    CoD sounds good to me and Medal of Honor would be great

Max Payne 1
    Tony Hawk 2
    Need for Speed Porsche
    Black and White.
    Dungeon Keeper 1
    Total Annihilation
    NOX
    Warcraft 3 (LOL )
    Last edited by czarek; 2020-05-08 at 07:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Honestly, WoW. I love the gave even in its current state, but imagine BfA level zone detail applied to Elwynn?
    I'm in complete agreement with this one. Fixing the landscapes and environments of the older zones using the more up to date art assets would be a massive undertaking, but the end result would be stunning. If nothing else, I think it would bring player population back to cities like Silvermoon.

Golden Sun 1+2 (since they're 1 big game) remake with a statement for a possible remake of the 3rd and a continuation from there

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    I'm in complete agreement with this one. Fixing the landscapes and environments of the older zones using the more up to date art assets would be a massive undertaking, but the end result would be stunning. If nothing else, I think it would bring player population back to cities like Silvermoon.
    It would for a brief moment and then people go back to Org and Sw because of the commodities.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    The Longest Journey.
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (1 and 2, with 2 having it's cut content made)
    Star Wars: Jedi Knight series.

Can't think of anything else right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    CoD sounds good to me and Medal of Honor would be great

Max Payne 1
    Tony Hawk 2
    Need for Speed Porsche
    Black and White.
    Dungeon Keeper 1
    Total Annihilation
    NOX
    Warcraft 3 (LOL )
    I add to that Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3.

And from me... Gothic 2 Night Of The Raven, with content from Returning mod.

On top of my head,

Ape Escape series

Champions of Norrath series

Diablo 2

Metal Gear Solid 1 to 4 + Spinoffs

Red Dead Redemption

TES Morrowind

TimeSplitters series

Edit:
    A collection of any classic Nintendo games for PC
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2020-05-08 at 09:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In no particular order:

Shining Force Trilogy. We never got the full SF3 in the west. I want it.

Red Dead Redemption. Keep RDR2's gameplay and graphics, but just drop in part 1's story.

Final Fantasy Tactics. Doesn't need to be 7R graphics levels, but imagine how good this game would look wih Digaea 5 level graphics.

Koudelka/Shadow Hearts Trilogy. Covenant is still my favourite RPG of all time. I'd love to see them ported to PS5, with updated graphics.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

James bond games up till nightfire. So goldeneye, The world is not enough and Nightfire.
    First three splinter cell games
    Rogue squadron.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    The Longest Journey.
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (1 and 2, with 2 having it's cut content made)
    Star Wars: Jedi Knight series.

Can't think of anything else right now.
    YES!

I also loved the Rebel Assault games and would LOVE to play them again (I've lost my original discs), especially in HD, and all the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games. Man, I wasted so many hours into TIE Fighter when I was a kid. The Missile Boat was the single most OP starfighter ever, and I enjoyed every ridiculous second of flying it.
    Last edited by Osoroshii; 2020-05-08 at 12:00 PM.

I'll echo the Mass Effect request. Give me all 3 games as 1 remaster with Mass Effect Andromeda gunplay, the 1 good thing to come out of Andromeda.

I loved Croc for PS1 and in some regards I'd like to visit the franchise, but the first game was difficult only because of the inane control scheme. If they remade it they'd have to apply a modern control scheme which would take absolutely any challenge out of it, so in some regards it may be a poor contender for a remake. A reimagining mayhaps? Croc 2 may be a better candicate altogether, but frankly I never played it, so don't know if they'd fixed the control scheme by then.

In any case I already got my dream remake. Spyro Reignited was everything I could've asked for, and I'm glad it eventually turned up on PC as I don't own, nor intend to own a console from the current generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Dawn of War.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Original X-Com: Enemy Unknown aka UFO defense (1994 version). You could add in X-Com 2: Terror from the Deep together.
    The new ones just don't have that scary mystery feel the first one did.

The pink panther games.

The Pink Panther: Passport to Peril
    The Pink Panther: Hokus Pokus Pink

One of my favorite childhood games, it was weird, fun and educational.