Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You have to consider the reverse too. It was hard enough to get guildies (let alone pugs) to do a BRH run in legion, If I got a BRH key in shadowlands I'd throw it at Ion.

Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post
    Let me start this by saying that Im not necessarily suggesting it should become available, I am just wondering what you guys think.

However.

1) What dungeons from any time period before M+ was a thing do you think would transition well into M+?
    2) Which do you think would be cancer?

The first thing that comes to mind for me is Shadow Labs or Shattered Halls
    They could very easily implement every Legion dungeon (since they were implemented for Mythic+) and maybe even Pandaria\WoD ones, they have 'base' levels from Challenge Mode, just had to figure out scaling per key level. There would be 'broken' things, especially due to new abilities and classes, but it wouldn't be too hard to figure out, and maybe scrap the occasional one with severe issues.

I would absolutely love having older dungeons in the system, but i doubt they will ever do that. It is a shame to waste hundreds of dungeons though.

They would have to seriously rework the mechanics of all of them to even start looking at that. With the mountain of work it would be I can't see it actually rolling out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

i always liked this idea. maybe do a few dungeons from each of the last few expansions and change the dungeons up every new M+ Season. but i would really like it if they added all the dungeons some how but that seems like it would be hard to do.

And what gear would drop from the chests in these dungeons? HOPEFULLY not gear from the dungeon because that would mean a vast majority of it would be shit which would mean not many people would bother with it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Unfortunately, because M+ is designed around that stupid fucking MDI, It'll never happen.
    First of all, what the fuck are you talking about? You state something as fact that is not supported by any evidence whatsoever.

Second, if older dungeons were added to the mythic+ pool, the exact same thing would happen to those as happens to current dungeons. MDI players would come up with insane shit with extremely high risk / high reward to pull off the dungeons in ways the designers never anticipated. (Going back to point #1, if you think Waycrest was designed to be done in four pulls you're an idiot.)

MDI has nothing to do with whether or not older dungeons would be made mythic+ beyond the inherent relationship between what would be good for pushing keys in general (which is the whole point of mythic+) and what would be entertaining for MDI.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-05-12 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think eventually they will make something, just like with timewalking.

There is a zillion great dungeons from last 2-3 expansion that would make good M+ runs for sure.
    They have barely made half of the dungeons even available in timewalking and you expect they'll make timewalking myhics?

I feel like that's extremely optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    First of all, what the fuck are you talking about? You state something as fact that is not supported by any evidence whatsoever.

Second, if older dungeons were added to the mythic+ pool, the exact same thing would happen to those as happens to current dungeons. MDI players would come up with insane shit with extremely high risk / high reward to pull off the dungeons in ways the designers never anticipated. (Going back to point #1, if you think Waycrest was designed to be done in four pulls you're an idiot.)

MDI has nothing to do with whether or not older dungeons would be made mythic+ beyond the inherent relationship between what would be good for pushing keys in general (which is the whole point of mythic+) and what would be entertaining for MDI.
    Oh look, another fucking idiot.

Dungeons being designed around the MDI is a known fact. Perhaps if you did more than LFR, you’d know this.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-05-12 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Oh look, another fucking idiot.

Dungeons being designed around the MDI is a known fact. Perhaps if you did more than LFR, you’d know this.
    Infracted
    When your ban is over you can provide the documentation for this. Unless this is one of those "known facts" that is 100% bullshit that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I recently did MoP timewalking, I think a lot of the MoP dungeons would work well with it. Especially Temple of the Jade Serpent.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Would deffo be cool to see how people would do dungeons like shattered halls, culling of strat..

IF this would happen il bet it'll just be another revamp of zulaman and gurub..
    cullin of strat has no place in M+ its literally a pull everything and wait for the bosses to spawn dungeon there is no skipping packs or skill or alternate routes involved.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    cullin of strat has no place in M+ its literally a pull everything and wait for the bosses to spawn dungeon there is no skipping packs or skill or alternate routes involved.
    To be fair, some of the dungeons currently in BFA have very little deviation in regards to route changes.

Personally, I wouldn't mind them drawing from past dungeons and adding a couple of them into an expansions pool (as long as they thematically fit). Realistically from a design stand point, most dungeons from WoTLK and beyond can be lumped into M+ without too much effort. What makes a good M+ dungeon (when looking back) are just instances where you have choices in regards to what you can pull (doesn't have to be a lot), with bosses and trash that actually have mechanics. Unfortunately TBC and Vanilla dungeons don't fit this criteria, as most bosses have virtually zero mechanics.

Wrath dungeons were just criminally under tuned. Half of the dungeons could be made into M+ dungeons with very little changes, as the bosses and trash actually have mechanics.

This is something I've wanted for awhile and was something I was surprised about when doing MoP dungeons. While I hated the MoP themed dungeons, the actual remakes of Scholomance and SM were pretty fun by comparison. It's also fairly obvious to me that the 'revolutionary' feature they hinted at towards the end of WoD was M+, and the thought of many WoD dungeons having a M+ variant would've been incredibly enticing.

When creating M+ Blizzard actually hit the balance pretty perfect in Legion IMO. Whether they designed BFA dungeons on a competitive/tournament style nature, I'll never know, but it's the wrong approach to take if that's how they designed them. There were absolutely problems with Legion dungeons, but they just felt a bit more fun (systems such as artifacts and gear swapping might have played into this decision as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think eventually they will make something, just like with timewalking.

There is a zillion great dungeons from last 2-3 expansion that would make good M+ runs for sure.
    This. I think it's a good opportunity to take some of the good dungeons from past expansions and fix them up to be M+ dungeons, although I don't think it should be more than maybe 2-3 per season and have them rotate in and out. Could maybe even pick dungeons that are thematically linked to the seasonal affix or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    When your ban is over you can provide the documentation for this. Unless this is one of those "known facts" that is 100% bullshit that is.
    They've claimed they're designing around M+, not MDI specifically. Looking at how the dungeons turned out, they either have no fucking clue how to design around M+ or they just didn't actually do it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yes i want a violet hold M+ ...... i hate running .

Fortified and bolstering on shattered halls. The horror..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    it's an interesting idea however i highly doubt they will do M+ timewalking. the gear scaling would be the hardest thing to manage with that, and bumping the level up to max level i don't think they will do because it will take attention away from current content.

however, on a hypothetical level, I would say the best dungeons for M+ from pre-Legion content would be any that aren't that linear. for example, you wouldn't want Stormstout Brewery as a M+ because there is literally no skippable trash. you have to kill it all, which reduces the difficulty of the accidental pull a bit. Shadowmoon Burial Grounds would be a good one, as well as Ulduman and other non linear dungeons

Not bothered about them being cancer, bothered about pretty much everything before like WoD (maybe MoP) being boring as fuck because bosses rarely ever had more than 1 mechanic (let's not even talk about trash mechanics going as far as to some packs having a caster mobs and that's it). But sure, gimme Grimrail Depot with Sanguine plox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some dungeons like the Hellfire citadel ones might be interesting but again any dungeon would need to be tweaked so things aren't upside down(Not literally)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If they add 2 legacy dungeons to the rotation every major patch...how long would it take?

I think incremental additions with a "vote for the dungeon you want to see added next" could be a lot more fun than making it an expansion feature in 11.0

Having some of my favorite dungeons come back could help with a lot of the burnout I am getting from running the 2/3 easiest dungeons over and over.

M+ of the original vanilla BRD! With all like .... 43 bosses!