Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Honestly the more I think about it the more I realize it would be a bad thing. Why? Because there would be too many dungeons to do, with too many items and too many (broken) mechanics. But mostly just too many keys you'd wanna throw away, because you know every expansion has its fair share of dungeons everybody hated.

I'll give you one example: Stormstout Brewery. I hated this dungeon so much back in the day, it is the worst, most disgusting nonsense ever made in the history of this game as far as I'm concerned. If I got a key for that dungeon I'd immediately want to delete it.

Pretty much nearly all of the MoP dungeons and WoD dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    They've claimed they're designing around M+, not MDI specifically
    That's what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Looking at how the dungeons turned out, they either have no fucking clue how to design around M+ or they just didn't actually do it.
    What do you mean? What is an example?

Personally I think they have done a great job with mythic+. It's not perfect, of course, but it has a very high engagement and a lot of people really enjoy it.

I love the modern dungeons (with the odd exception). But i would love to see some of the old ones return. Doesn't even have to give loot. I don't get anything i need out of it right now and still play it.
    Uldaman, maraudon, sunken temple, Halls of Origination, BRD, UBRS/LBRS

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo they should bring in maybe 4-5 "Greatest Hits" dungeons for one or two seasons duration and take proper care on tuning them for mythic plus. It would be work for them but hopefully not too much.

The main problem I see with this is item balancing tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

It's possible with MOP and WOD dungeons because these were tuned for speedun clears when released - challenge modes, we can call this mode an early version of Mythic+.

Older dungeons though? IDK. Not sure how M+ affixes would play out in them, as they were never tuned for a speed run clear with additional affixes present.

Still it's less work than creating brand new dungeons.

Another idea is for example bring back Legion/BFA dungeons into some seasons in the future.
    For example S1 in Shadowlands will have 2 Legion and 2 BFA dungeons added to the roster
    S2 will have 2 DIFFERENT Legion / BFA added
    S3 2 YET ANOTHER different etc

These dungeons were in M+ system so it should be easy to incorporate this.

I would vote against including EVERYTHING because I don't want to grind 10 000 RIO rating over 40 dungeons each season. This would be bad. And pursuing specific items would be difficult too, as there would be sooooo many keys.

maybe a timewalking m+ feature? Like everything else that goes on a montly/weekly/yearly basis they could add in m+ dungeons with old dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Culling of Strat would never happen. Think there was a blue post years ago where Blizzard mentioned they don’t want RP being a big part of m+.
    I AM DOG KING SKOVALD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    I AM DOG KING SKOVALD.
    Not sure what’s up with this, but that was not that long of an RP. If you haven’t been recently, go back and replay CoS, even at a fully leveled character, and think of how much is slowed down by Chromie and Arthas. Even taking out the beginning of it, the dungeon is influenced by a set timer of portal spawns after previous ones die (not to mention differing, random areas) on top of RP waiting for Arthas to run from place to place and talk before you can talk to him and get the dungeon going again.
    This is just an example of one dungeon.
    As I stated originally, they don’t want RP being a it part of m+, whereas Skovald is pretty minor.

Other issues is just timing and balancing dungeons with other elements causing slow downs which counters the point and pacing of a timed dungeon design.
    Maybe I shouldn’t have stated never, as in 100% never ever happening and won’t be something you will ever see; but, the chances of Blizzard rebalancing mobs, rewriting dungeon RP, and then adding a plausible timer to not be something upwards of an hour for multiple dungeons is so unlikely that it’s almost a given to never be a thing.

Thumbs up mm

I hated this dungeon so much back in the day, it is the worst, most disgusting nonsense ever made in the history of this game as far as I'm concerned. If I got a key for that dungeon I'd immediately want to delete it.

It wouldn't have to be all dungeons. Just adding in one or two to the possible pool from an expansion when its timewalking for it or adding them in as separate M+ with set affixes for the dungeons that don't follow the regular schedule and work for them. That would mean they can't get affixes that either don't do anything (like in Violet hold where mobs spawn in in set numbers so Teeming can't work without extra work or Shadow Labyrinth with Tyranical as Murmur won't get the full benefit of the extra health) or where they'd make things scale out of hand or make things impossible.

Dungeons that are already timer based (Violet Hold, CoT: Black Morass, Halls of Reflection) really just won't work without some massive restructuring.

It'd be interesting to see the likes of OG Stratholme, Shattered Halls and Arcatraz in some kind of M+ format since they essentially already had an optional timer mode from quests.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Imagine Magisters' terrance Mythic+, Shattered hall mythic+, and Shadow labyrinth mythic+. It would probably be nightmare to deal with those instances. Only if we could dream to make this happen but it's very unlikely. Fat chance.
    The main challenge of TBC HCs was the insane dmg. Mechanically and tactically they were really easy. Even many of the WotLK dungeons (despite being tuned much lower), would be harder than the hardest TBC dungeons in M+, because in M+, everything is tuned equally hard, at least that's Blizz' aim.

Cata 5mans in M+ on the other hand, now that would be interesting! We have already "kind of" seen MoP and WoD 5mans in M+, since Challenge mode was the precursor of M+. It's different, but the main idea was still the same. The main difference is that M+ buffs the enemies instead of CMs nerfing us.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2020-05-27 at 05:11 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Really could get a small team to tune them for BFA but leave the overall core the same.

Similar to the way timewalking is done. It would reuse a ton of content, most I'm sure a large majority of people never see. Retune the stats of gear /damage/mechanics by a minor amount and gg!
    Last edited by Zeusy; 2020-05-27 at 05:16 PM.

The question that I'd need answered first is: to what end?

Do you want old expansion m+ award current gear?
    Do you want it to give more timewarped badges?
    Do you want it to be just for the heck of it?

My knee jerk answer is - no, I don't want that to happen. I pug a lot of TW dungeons and after seeing what people are doing there I don't even want to think what would happen on m+ mode.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Dungeons that are already timer based (Violet Hold, CoT: Black Morass, Halls of Reflection) really just won't work without some massive restructuring.

It'd be interesting to see the likes of OG Stratholme, Shattered Halls and Arcatraz in some kind of M+ format since they essentially already had an optional timer mode from quests.
    They don't have to include EVERYTHING. It's not 0 or 1 mentality.
    Obviously some dungeons are just flat out not designed with m+ in mind. Others are hated by player community such as violet hold or the oculus.
    How would you do Trial of the Champion on M+? You wouldn't, that is the only correct answer to that question. It just does not work in that system.
    But it would be nice if they could incorporate some of those well liked, well tuned dungeons into M+. There are plenty of old dungeons that do not have any RP, have challenging trash placements, have trash skip possibilities etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding more if not all dungeons to Timewalking / M+ is something I'd really love to see.

If mythic+ would be conpletly cosmetic, why not?
    Could provide us with some neat sets to show off!

Quote Originally Posted by Athulua View Post
    They don't have to include EVERYTHING. It's not 0 or 1 mentality.
    Obviously some dungeons are just flat out not designed with m+ in mind. Others are hated by player community such as violet hold or the oculus.
    How would you do Trial of the Champion on M+? You wouldn't, that is the only correct answer to that question. It just does not work in that system.
    But it would be nice if they could incorporate some of those well liked, well tuned dungeons into M+. There are plenty of old dungeons that do not have any RP, have challenging trash placements, have trash skip possibilities etc.
    I'm well aware it's not an all or nothing situation, I certainly never claimed it was nor did I even object to the concept. I merely pointed out that some dungeons just don't work without massive restructuring, that's it.