Poll: How do you prefer your Battleground compositions.

Hello everyone.

I wanted to create a poll and open the discussion about the player-bases feelings towards opening up Battlegrounds to allow for Horde v Horde / Alliance v Alliance in random Battleground.

The ultimate goal of this is to reduce Queue times. My experience for many years has been an average 10-30 minute Queue for Horde and 3-12 minute Queue as Alliance.
    I understand that the option is there to Queue up in Mercenary mode to join the opposing faction. But I am sure sure a lot of people like me can agree that playing a random race from the opposing faction isn't the same experience.

As a player for 14 years and a die hard Horde fan I understand that there is nothing more satisfying than "Owning some Alliance Nubs" but I feel the actually PVP experience and PVP engagement going forward should be the main priority. With PVP Vendors coming back (Honor/Conquest) I can't think of a better time to implement this change to drive the community to participate in PVP once again.

So please let me know what you think in the poll and the comment section below.

Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    I understand that the option is there to Queue up in Mercenary mode to join the opposing faction. But I am sure sure a lot of people like me can agree that playing a random race from the opposing faction isn't the same experience.
    It literally is.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    It literally is.
    You have different racial abilities.
    It changes your transmog.
    You have different animations/movement etc.

Character identity is one of the primary pillars of wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care.

HvH and AvA BGs can be excused in lore as a mock battle for training purposes. Not that the devs care about lore.

Or they could just make queueing as mercenary more obvious... I'm pretty sure a lot of people don't even realize it's a thing.

All that being said...

implement this change to drive the community to participate in PVP once again.
    Nothing is going to do that aside from better PvP combat... Right now PvP gameplay is in a horrid state, nothing will drive the community to participate in PvP other than better gameplay.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-05-09 at 04:47 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Nothing is going to do that aside from better PvP combat... Right now PvP gameplay is in a horrid state, nothing will drive the community to participate in PvP other than better gameplay.
    You don't think a queue of 10 - 30 minutes is going to stop people wanting to participate in PVP at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't think a queue of 10 - 30 minutes is going to stop people wanting to participate in PVP at all?
    It didn't in the past.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

You have different racial abilities.
    It changes your transmog.
    You have different animations/movement etc.

Character identity is one of the primary pillars of wow.
    Character identity is intact, you're a mercenary.

It didn't in the past.
    You mean it didn't for you?

I know many people who don't PVP anymore because of queue times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Character identity is intact, you're a mercenary.
    Character Identity and role playing is two separate things.

10+ Year Old Account

Queue times have always been like this, if not worse, if that didn't change, then it was something else that caused the mass exodus of players from PvP. I refuse to believe that many people up and decided that they would no longer put up with the queues all at once... The dropoff of PvP participation pretty neatly coincides with the class revamps of Legion that made PvP the mess it is today.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-05-09 at 06:06 PM.

Queue times have always been like this, if not worse, if that didn't change, then it was something else that caused the mass exodus of players from PvP.
    Queue times have not always been like this. As Horde I would be in the queue for 1-3 minutes and be in a battleground.

Even if this was not the case. Nobody likes having to wait in a queue time for 10 - 30 minutes per game (And sometimes you get put in a game that is 2 flags Alliance 0 Flags Horde after waiting that long) This will help reduce times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Queue times have not always been like this. As Horde I would be in the queue for 1-3 minutes and be in a battleground.

Even if this was not the case. Nobody likes having to wait in a queue time for 10 - 30 minutes per game (And sometimes you get put in a game that is 2 flags Alliance 0 Flags Horde after waiting that long) This will help reduce times.
    When, during WoD when Alliance (specifically, humans) was FotM? Every other expansion Horde queues were long, and during WoD it was Alliance queues that were long, during WoD Alliance were the ones with the mercenary queue option open 99% of the time. And still, PvP participation was up during WoD from what it is now. It wasn't that.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-05-09 at 06:16 PM.

When, during WoD when Alliance (specifically, humans) was FotM? Every other expansion Horde queues were long, and during WoD it was Alliance queues that were long, during WoD Alliance were the ones with the mercenary queue option open 99% of the time. And still, PvP participation was up during WoD from what it is now. It wasn't that.
    You seem to be missing the point completely.

This is about reducing queue times. It doesn't matter if it was long in the past. You are too busy shitposting forums with nit picky arguments rather than addressing the actual point being made. If queue times where always long it doesn't mean it should be that way forever. If it doesn't add additional PVP players then that is fine. At least we don't have to be in the queue for so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be missing the point completely.

This is about reducing queue times. It doesn't matter if it was long in the past. You are too busy shitposting forums with nit picky arguments rather than addressing the actual point being made. If queue times where always long it doesn't mean it should be that way forever. If it doesn't add additional PVP players then that is fine. At least we don't have to be in the queue for so long.
    You seem to have forgotten that I didn't miss the point at all and already said that I'm fine with the idea to reduce queue times in my first post.

You also seem to have forgotten that you claimed that this proposed change was to "drive the community to participate in PVP once again" when that is highly unlikely, because the queue times had nothing to do with it... This isn't a "nitpicky" argument, you made this claim, not me.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-05-09 at 06:52 PM.

Your first post said you don't care...

10+ Year Old Account
    Your first post said you don't care...
    Yes, that means I was not opposed to it, I do not care if it happens or not, meaning I'm fine with it.

Isn't having faction vs faction BGs the ONLY reason some people claim factions should still exist in this game....?

- - - Updated - - -

Character Identity and role playing is two separate things.
    bugsbunnyno.gif

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care either way, I've played enough games that already do this so it's not big deal to me either way