Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Alliance Human Druids - They Are Overdue

As it currently stands, Alliance has three races that can be Druids, while Horde have four. There is no reason why Humans should not be able to be Druids at this point. They have been around Night Elves, Worgen and now Kul Tirans enough to have learned Druid ways.

Feral form would fit nicely for a full lion appearance for the mascot of Stormwind Humans.

Their travel form would have to be a horse though, that would be the only drawback...

I really wish that they were planning on adding some new Race/Class combos in Shadowlands. One can dream, I guess.

Addition: If the Night Fae Fauns become playable, they would be a cool race option, I could see their forms being more plantoid like the Sylvari plant cats from Guild Wars 2. Though, there is no guarantee they will become playable, or have druid as a class option, and won't be added for a very long time...
    Last edited by Atriel; 2020-05-08 at 07:40 PM.

Honestly, at this point, there's not much reason to have any race/class restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    As it currently stands, Alliance has three races that can be Druids, while Horde have four.
    Horde has 3 Paladin races, Alliance has 5. It's a kind of balance.

Feral form would fit nicely for a full lion appearance for the mascot of Stormwind Humans.
    Too similar to Tauren.

Their travel form would have to be a horse though, that would be the only drawback...
    No!

I think blizz has already gone too far with race/class combos. specifically with Tauren paladins. enough is enough, I don't think there needs to be any additions, but that's just me.

Are you saying Kul Tirans aren't humans?

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Horde has 3 Paladin races, Alliance has 5. It's a kind of balance.
    Except Paladin and Shaman are the Faction favored classes, not Druid. Alliance has 5 Shaman races, while Horde have a whopping 9...
    Last edited by Atriel; 2020-05-08 at 07:44 PM.

Any non-Tauren/Troll race for druid on the Horde side is over due.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaper View Post
    Are you saying Kul Tirans aren't humans?
    They are Thicc humans. If they had Thin males as an option, I would play KT in a heartbeat because their forms are amazing. However, with the customization options coming to the base races only for Shadowlands, I would love to play a Stormwind Human Druid to bank in on those customization options!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stariv View Post
    I think blizz has already gone too far with race/class combos. specifically with Tauren paladins. enough is enough, I don't think there needs to be any additions, but that's just me.
    The issue with Tauren Paladins (and Zandalari) is that they added them with very specific lore for why they are Paladins. The issue then arises that the base Paladin spell animations are all very heavily aesthetically Human/Church of the Light. Tauren Paladins are supposed to worship An'she and be more tribal in power. Zandalari praise the Loa. This falls under the discussion of class/race "skins".

Gilneans are also apparently not human.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Gilneans are also apparently not human.
    Okay, I get the meme, but if you go into character creation they are Kul Tiran, and Worgen. Human refer to classic human.

I thought having class/race skins would be cool. Before legion was announced, I thought a cool way to introduce demon hunters would be with race specific skins. For example, demon hunters AND shadow hunters could be added, while shadow hunters would be specific to trolls only, demon hunters to elves. The mechanics would be exactly the same, but spells would have specific names and animations, kind of how SWTOR classes work. Maybe the could have done something similar with tauren & zandalari paladins. I don't think they'll ever do that though.

Except Paladin and Shaman are the Faction favored classes, not Druid. Alliance has 5 Shaman races, while Horde have a whopping 9...
    Both factions have exactly 101 class/race combos available. That is the balance that matters.

i've always wanted human druids and shamans, because "muh human potential", but in other hand i don't want the lore to be raped even more.

fucking paladin taurens and shaman goblins

Now they're long overdue. In the time it took Humans to meet and reunite with Gilneas and Kul Tiras, Humans have been friends with Night Elves and Draenei for all this time, and yet despite being really adept at learning new schools of magic never managed to pick up Druidism from Night Elves or Shamanism from Draenei. Now that Gilneas and Kul'Tiras are in the picture, it just seems especially weird that Stormwind Humans haven't learned either yet when their entire shtick is learning magic quickly.

Gnomes are also supposed to be really good at magic, and yet they don't have playable Druids or Shaman either. It just seems weird for cultures that are supposed to be more open-minded about magic that they have Warlock covens quite openly when there would be active persecution, yet for Druidism and to a lesser extent Shamanism there wouldn't be as much of a push-back especially with Draenei and Dwarfs now taking up Shamanism in addition to Dark Iron and now even Kul'Tiran, Humans and Gnomes getting the short end of the stick when it comes to magic just seems weird. Like, this is supposed to be what they're good at. If Humans and Gnomes are only good at Mages and Warlocks, and all these other races have Mages, Warlocks, Shaman, Druid, it just makes Humans and Gnomes look like not only are they stingy but maybe they're not as good at mastering magic as we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Now they're long overdue. In the time it took Humans to meet and reunite with Gilneas and Kul Tiras, Humans have been friends with Night Elves and Draenei for all this time, and yet despite being really adept at learning new schools of magic never managed to pick up Druidism from Night Elves or Shamanism from Draenei. Now that Gilneas and Kul'Tiras are in the picture, it just seems especially weird that Stormwind Humans haven't learned either yet when their entire shtick is learning magic quickly.

Gnomes are also supposed to be really good at magic, and yet they don't have playable Druids or Shaman either. It just seems weird for cultures that are supposed to be more open-minded about magic that they have Warlock covens quite openly when there would be active persecution, yet for Druidism and to a lesser extent Shamanism there wouldn't be as much of a push-back especially with Draenei and Dwarfs now taking up Shamanism in addition to Dark Iron and now even Kul'Tiran, Humans and Gnomes getting the short end of the stick when it comes to magic just seems weird. Like, this is supposed to be what they're good at. If Humans and Gnomes are only good at Mages and Warlocks, and all these other races have Mages, Warlocks, Shaman, Druid, it just makes Humans and Gnomes look like not only are they stingy but maybe they're not as good at mastering magic as we thought.
    Druid magic requires a blessing
    Shaman magic requires connection to the elements
    None of which Gnomes have
    One of reasons Gnomes didn't have any holy magic before Cata either, they simply didn't bother with the Light.
    Last edited by Gnasnimadan; 2020-05-08 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Druid magic requires a blessing
    Shaman magic requires connection to the elements
    None of which Gnomes have
    Druidism can be taught. see: Shan'do, or 'great teacher'.
    Connection to the elements isn't a biological limitation; Dwarfs have a connection and are Gnomes' cousins. The elements seek only balance, and Dark Shaman ignore this anyway.

Druidism can be taught. see: Shan'do, or 'great teacher'.
    "X can be taught" cannot be a blanket excuse for why Y race can't be Z class otherwise your logical conclusion is every race should be every class.

Fel manipulation can be taught. But that doesn't make Nelf or Draenei warlocks less silly because those races have very strong reasons to abhor such things.

Gnomes have anti synergy with nature and the natural environment to the point their mounts and pets are mechanical. There is less than zero reason a gnome would want to (or have a deep enough connection with the natural world to) become a druid beyond "well possibly in theory there's a non-zero chance maybe somewhere a gnome wants to be a druid".

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    "X can be taught" cannot be a blanket excuse for why Y race can't be Z class otherwise your logical conclusion is every race should be every class.

Fel manipulation can be taught. But that doesn't make Nelf or Draenei warlocks less silly because those races have very strong reasons to abhor such things.

Gnomes have anti synergy with nature and the natural environment to the point their mounts and pets are mechanical. There is less than zero reason a gnome would want to (or have a deep enough connection with the natural world to) become a druid beyond "well possibly in theory there's a non-zero chance maybe somewhere a gnome wants to be a druid".
    It's a good reason when the established races have the background of being proficient in learning in the very area where the trade can be taught.

What on earth do mounts and pets have to do with the class being playable? Gnomes like magic, aren't adverse to learning more taboo magics (hence, Warlocks) and are good at it. They have an incentive to master the magic in the name of progress and experimentation. The Gnomes, as a result of their inquisitive nature, would be very inclined to explore all avenues of magic in order to just know how it ticks. Just to understand, just to know. Gnomes are learners and thinkers, and they revel in the opportunity to study and understand new novel concepts and ideas. They're quizzical by nature. Learning Druidism and Shamanism can help them understand more of the natural world - and thus, the Titans. As if understanding more about earth wouldn't lead to them understanding better the materials they're working with as Engineers by itself.

It's a good reason when the established races have the background of being proficient in learning in the very area where the trade can be taught.

What on earth do mounts and pets have to do with the class being playable? Gnomes like magic, aren't adverse to learning more taboo magics (hence, Warlocks) and are good at it. They have an incentive to master the magic in the name of progress and experimentation. The Gnomes, as a result of their inquisitive nature, would be very inclined to explore all avenues of magic in order to just know how it ticks. Just to understand, just to know. Gnomes are learners and thinkers, and they revel in the opportunity to study and understand new novel concepts and ideas. They're quizzical by nature. Learning Druidism and Shamanism can help them understand more of the natural world - and thus, the Titans. As if understanding more about earth wouldn't lead to them understanding better the materials they're working with as Engineers by itself.
    It was an example of their culture... to show they have no synergy with nature or affinity for the natural world.
    There is more to being a druid then being a 'leaf mage', gnomes are good at magic because they're intelligent and good at understanding rules and principles.
    You don't learn to be a druid by reading a grimoire so you can cast treebolt, you have to meditate and commune with other druids, the wild gods and the emerald dream to understand and embrace the 'essence of the bear, or the snake, or the crow or the wolf'.

Just lift class restrictions in general. Maybe they made sense when Druid meant Cenarion Druid, but these days it doesn't. Kul'Tiran Druids are a whole different type. So are Worgen. Pretty sure Trolls are too but I could be wrong. Zandalari Druids are wildly different. Outside of Void Elf Paladins none of these restrictions make much sense these days, and in that case it's simply because they'd probably explode.