Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichology View Post
    Upon further investigation (recently gearing up an alt tank through strictly pugging), the experience gets MUCH better once you hit 15 keys, as the quality of player increases dramatically. 11-14 is filled with tons of toxic, overly arrogant players that haven't realized they are actually bad at the game yet, and usually frustrated as they are in depletion after depletion group in that range on a character that they should be able to carry that key level easily (470+, good corruptions).

Basically don't take most "advice" or criticism in that range, and when you get the gear your experience will improve tenfold starting around 15's, as you'll be with not only noticeably better players, but often time people as well.
    To a degree but since the buyable corruption got added 15+ is getting an increased volume of terrible players (both in attitude and skill levels).

I usually try to stick with similar rating groups to minimise risk of shit shows but unfortunately there's quite a few people trying to boost friends and guildies that really just arent up to par with that difficulty (and get oddly defensive about it when you bring it up).
    Last edited by Great Destiny Man; 2020-05-23 at 02:54 AM.

Psst... just whispering in your regular reminder that Mythic+ is PUG-enabled, and PUG-capable, but never PUG-intended. It's not group content, it's team content, and group of strangers is not a team. The mode was clearly meant for recurring familiar teams, and anyone doing it elsewise does so at their own risk. Nothing about M+ is remotely mandatory, it's the definition of optional, arbitrary difficulty to push gear numbers that aren't needed to see the content, or to enjoy with actual friends. Play the game, don't let it play you, and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Psst... just whispering in your regular reminder that Mythic+ is PUG-enabled, and PUG-capable, but never PUG-intended. It's not group content, it's team content, and group of strangers is not a team. The mode was clearly meant for recurring familiar teams, and anyone doing it elsewise does so at their own risk. Nothing about M+ is remotely mandatory, it's the definition of optional, arbitrary difficulty to push gear numbers that aren't needed to see the content, or to enjoy with actual friends. Play the game, don't let it play you, and enjoy!
    Nothing about the game at all is mandatory and most rational thinking people are aware of the risk of pugging, but yea thanks for pointing out the obvious?

7+ Year Old Account
    Am I crazy for thinking that this affix makes m+10 and higher easier than they were before? I mean, if you've done the dungeon on any level you know where the trash packs are, you know where the bosses are, and as such you can use this affix to skip the unnecessary, or more troublesome, parts of the dungeon - optimizing your path. I'm noexpert, but, good god this affix is the best thing that came along for m+. By far my favorite affix.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Nothing about the game at all is mandatory and most rational thinking people are aware of the risk of pugging, but yea thanks for pointing out the obvious?
    I don't really disagree with you, but...

See, if it was obvious, I kinda feel like we wouldn't see so many "my class doesn't get picked" or "raider.io is the devil" or "tanking/healing these things is hell in the current communal climate" threads. People do need to be reminded that it's ALL optional, but especially the later end stuff. Like I don't know why people put themselves through it when it's all optional, but clearly torturous!

I'm a 33-alt "most upgrades from world quests and timewalking vendors" player with a handful of friends that have no interest in M+. I've never played a single dungeon above heroic beyond "the single mythic dungeon to unlock the story early on" per expansion. And I haven't felt I've missed a thing because I've identified the intent of M+ and it's wholly capital-O optional and holds no interest to me. I literally can't empathize with wanting to PUG something clearly meant for teams of friends.

So yeah, I do think that "pointing out the obvious" is kinda needed now and then, because I've blissfully enjoyed the last 2 expansions' gameplay (lore is another whoooole topic) by observing who the audience is for this or that content and identifying what is "for me" and what isn't... and I feel like I know something others don't because "everyone" is so miserable in their "raider.io," "don't wreck my key," "don't be new on my time" M+ PUG hellhole!

I mean it's not rocket science... and yet... *points to this thread and all the others like it full of miserable souls trying to PUG M+*
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-05-23 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I don't really disagree with you, but...

See, if it was obvious, I kinda feel like we wouldn't see so many "my class doesn't get picked" or "raider.io is the devil" or "tanking these things is hell in the current communal climate" threads. People do need to be reminded that it's ALL optional, but especially the later end stuff. Like I don't know why people put themselves through it when it's all optional, but clearly torturous!

I'm a 33-alt "most upgrades from world quests and timewalking vendors" player with a handful of friends that have no interest in M+. I've never played a single dungeon above heroic beyond "the single mythic dungeon to unlock the story early on" per expansion. And I haven't felt I've missed a thing because I've identified the intent of M+ and it's wholly capital-O optional and holds no interest to me. I literally can't empathize with wanting to PUG something clearly meant for teams of friends.

So yeah, I do think that "pointing out the obvious" is kinda needed now and then, because I've blissfully enjoyed the last 2 expansions' gameplay (lore is another whoooole topic) by observing who the audience is for this or that content and identifying what is "for me" and what isn't... and I feel like I know something others don't because "everyone" is so miserable in their "raider.io," "don't wreck my key," "don't be new on my time" M+ PUG hellhole!

I mean it's not rocket science... and yet... *points to this thread and all the others like it full of miserable souls trying to PUG M+*
    Like I say rational thinking people know the risks of PuGs. Those who want to piss and moan about class balance, r.io system being issues on their M+ viability arent likely to hear anything outside their own bubble.

That said, I think discussions on the state of PuGs and expectations are fair discussions so long as people dont turn it into pity parties about why everyone's out to get them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Am I crazy for thinking that this affix makes m+10 and higher easier than they were before? I mean, if you've done the dungeon on any level you know where the trash packs are, you know where the bosses are, and as such you can use this affix to skip the unnecessary, or more troublesome, parts of the dungeon - optimizing your path. I'm noexpert, but, good god this affix is the best thing that came along for m+. By far my favorite affix.
    Easier can be largely debated, but I'd argue awakened provides far more flexibility than any of the other seasonal affixes did.

It's significantly easier to adapt on the fly to over pulls and what not as well as the potential to straight out ignore an obelisk and kill the mini boss at the end if the obelisk is in a shit place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Easier can be largely debated, but I'd argue awakened provides far more flexibility than any of the other seasonal affixes did.

It's significantly easier to adapt on the fly to over pulls and what not as well as the potential to straight out ignore an obelisk and kill the mini boss at the end if the obelisk is in a shit place.
    Flexibility is definitely the better description. For me, in my experience thus far, that flexibility "feels" like this affix makes things so much easier. Yes, I know, certainly debatable: but as of now, I seriously love this affix.

Flexibility is definitely the better description. For me, in my experience thus far, that flexibility "feels" like this affix makes things so much easier. Yes, I know, certainly debatable: but as of now, I seriously love this affix.
    Seems like most people in this thread feels the same way. I enjoy it as well as it makes a Rogue almost completely unnecessary and allows some nice skips of trash packs you’d like to avoid while not overcapping mob percent for the dungeon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Seems like most people in this thread feels the same way. I enjoy it as well as it makes a Rogue almost completely unnecessary and allows some nice skips of trash packs you’d like to avoid while not overcapping mob percent for the dungeon.
    Yeah. The affix has done away with so many of the "gimmicks" for timing a run. Can't remember the last time someone suggested a "death run".

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Hey guys

I've returned to wow and have been playing for aboyt 1,5 months. I'm a tank and i almost solely run m+.

I like it. I have most of the dungeons down by now. But i only run +7-+9 keys.

I have 461 ilvl and could easily tank 10-12 keys, but i just cant be bothered learning the specific routes for dungeons from a video(the general concensus seems to be that tanks need to know them by heart, and not ask about them). I wouldnt mind learning them while doing it, but there is no low level version you can stroll through and learn this in. This is solely +10 and people have expectations from a tank.

Now, its not really the same problem as learning the other affixes, because i can literally just read on them what they do, and by that know what i need to do. But thats not the case for this one. It brings a LOT of complexity for no real gain outside of MDI(as far as i see it).

Am i completely alone in this? I really hate that affix
    You are pretentious mate. I started playing in cataclysm, and from back then till now, there has never been hard content that you don't have to read about it before attempting it, be it challenge modes for gold medals, mythic/old heroic raids, m+ before and during this season.

Before this season you still needed to know routes, you needed to know what to fight with the previous seasonal affixes and what not. You are just worn out of learning stuff in WoW, and that's okay, but don't act as if you are a victim that is thrown into something you've never done before. Just like always, you have to do a small amount of studying, and honestly, if you do 10-12s, any route works, you just have to get that brain rotating a bit and figure out that you gotta kill a lot of mobs, and then you can skip some later.

You are literally creating a problem without even experiencing it. Maybe try some 10-12s before saying that this affix sucks. Maybe stop pretending that you are this guy who never goes in content not prepared, when you can't be arsed to put the minimal amount of work that you had to before this affix was created anyway. Or maybe player DPS, just like I do, because I cba to learn the routes, and would rather be led.

Can't remember the last time someone suggested a "death run".
    Playing in Europe English is the default dungeon language while native to a minority, you meet all sorts of people with different command of the language. I was tanking a +7 Shrine on an Alt, going as expected with relatively low damage, me not pulling big because being undergeared myself with a matching healer. So before second boss it was clear to me that it's gonna be close to time it. Shortly before the second boss I mispulled and while fighting the unecessary mobs the hunter wrote "you want dead run?". So I began to pull a bit more aggressively and made the healer sweat more than he should and we wiped once. Hunter at it again with "dead run??" while fighting trash. We timed the dungeon with a few minutes left and I said well done everyone but why the fuck did you think the key was dead? He explained in broken english the concept of a death run to me. I hadn't done the mental connection because death runs in PUGs don't work most of the time.

There's thousands if not tens of thousands of tanks doing high keys everyday.

What's the difference between them and you?

Even if reading about strategies and class mechanics is important it eventually comes to a point where you have to play the game and your own character for yourself with a group of strangers and make decisions of your own

Not all strangers will make a group of 5 work, but you have to keep in mind that at any given time you're a part of that group of strangers. If you can't pull your own weight than it's your own problem.

Stop making excuses and play the game until you're confident on your own abilities and stop blaming the other 4 strangers.

I love the awakened aspect of it, letting you skip annoying trash packs is great. I really enjoy playing tanks I'm M+, actually only really started playing as a tank recently and so far enjoy it as Guardian, Vengeance and Prot Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I love the awakened aspect of it, letting you skip annoying trash packs is great. I really enjoy playing tanks I'm M+, actually only really started playing as a tank recently and so far enjoy it as Guardian, Vengeance and Prot Paladin.
    Definitely the best time to play a tank in M+. Essences and perseverence empowers you by a lot, awakened is great, and you can do strong builds with the ability to choose corruptions.

Most of all, these changes since BFA season 1 allows you to workaround bad PUG healers and actually have fun. After Legion, they said they didn't want too much self-heaing for tanks anymore, but I guess tank population shrunk by a lot during S1...

If you kow how to handle the affix, it makes Dungeons > +10 easier then below.

But I stand by my assessment that up to +10 it is a big shit show as people are undergeared but tend to forget basic mechanics, like kicks etc.

The other problem with r.io is that we had a few easy weeks and many people pushed their rating by a good amount. 2k r.io is not the same it was three weeks ago...

Hello again guys.

At this point i'm around 1450 raider io on my one tank and 12xx on my other tank. I'm climbing my way up the random ladder towards doing +15's for the achievement.

There are still SO many healers/dps who dont know basic things in dungeons but expect the tank to know every single pull, its kind of insane.

I stand by awakaned being a tough hurdle to get over as a new tank coming into the end of it(obviously it wouldnt be the same at the start where everyone was learning it).

I think making a mode where you could try out the affixers in normal/hc/m0 setting would be a great idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    There's thousands if not tens of thousands of tanks doing high keys everyday.

What's the difference between them and you?

Even if reading about strategies and class mechanics is important it eventually comes to a point where you have to play the game and your own character for yourself with a group of strangers and make decisions of your own

Not all strangers will make a group of 5 work, but you have to keep in mind that at any given time you're a part of that group of strangers. If you can't pull your own weight than it's your own problem.

Stop making excuses and play the game until you're confident on your own abilities and stop blaming the other 4 strangers.
    Who are you talking to here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    You are pretentious mate. I started playing in cataclysm, and from back then till now, there has never been hard content that you don't have to read about it before attempting it, be it challenge modes for gold medals, mythic/old heroic raids, m+ before and during this season.

Before this season you still needed to know routes, you needed to know what to fight with the previous seasonal affixes and what not. You are just worn out of learning stuff in WoW, and that's okay, but don't act as if you are a victim that is thrown into something you've never done before. Just like always, you have to do a small amount of studying, and honestly, if you do 10-12s, any route works, you just have to get that brain rotating a bit and figure out that you gotta kill a lot of mobs, and then you can skip some later.

You are literally creating a problem without even experiencing it. Maybe try some 10-12s before saying that this affix sucks. Maybe stop pretending that you are this guy who never goes in content not prepared, when you can't be arsed to put the minimal amount of work that you had to before this affix was created anyway. Or maybe player DPS, just like I do, because I cba to learn the routes, and would rather be led.
    I'm so glad i dont have to deal with people like you on a daily basis. You jump to conclusions and are extremely judgemental. There has been like 3-4 people exactly like you, who are probably also playing dps.

I'm not burned out on wow at all. I play it a lot atm.