Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
25
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You are ignoring the simple fact that Nightborne and thus Suramar ARE HORDE.

    Horde, who are the enemies of the Alliance where Night Elves are. No matter the outcome and armistice after BFA, it will only take one or two expansion (or no time at all like the MoP to WoD transition) before there is an all out war between the factions again. You simply cannot share the city in a situation like that.
    Not ignoring, just saying it is not the limitation you are making it out to be. NB are an allied race of an alliance core race - NIght elves were exclusively ALLIANCE until they took the Nigthborne horde, High elves were exlcuisvely ALLIANCE, until they took the blood elves horde. Being exclusive in one faction atm, is NOT the limitation you think it is.

    But if you odn't see that logic or don't want to believe it, whatever. All the forum agreeing with you won't change this.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I'm not sure you understand game development. There is no more practical and logical place than Suramar.

    It is only illogical to you because you want Suramar exclusively on the horde and don't like the idea of the opposite faction getting a stunningly beautiful city that blizzard decided your faction could have. But you forget, that it was non lore reasons that took both the blood elves and Suramar to the horde, you don't need existing lore reasons to make it stay there.

    You argue to kingdom come, like Obelisk Kai did about high elves, at the end of the day, lore is usually made up for whatever blizzard wants to do. They made up lore so the blood elves you love so much could be on the horde. They did not design Suramar oor the Ngihtborne to be on the horde either, but they made up lore for it to go there, and can do otherwise.


    Look at it from their development point of view. They designed a Night elf pre-sundering city, made it stunningly beautiful and made 4 of the 6 Broken Isle zones focused on night elf lore - initially it was supposed to be all, but they felt it would get too boring if it was all night elven so made HM - Tauren and SM Vrykul.


    What are they supposed to do to give NElves a new home and a beautiful capital? Spend time re-designing one when they made an incredible design in the Broken Shore? Suramar was a lot of work, and it is the standard people want - they are faced with two options, spend huge resources on a new city, which I reckon will only be possible if they make a new expansion that has the Night elves once more at the heart of it, and it justifies doing a new master piece, or they simply write a story for the Night elves to be in Suramar.

    I know writing a story is much easier, using assets already there. Suramar, is there's to use however they want. They will likely make it a city that is shared between the two, or redo Silvermoon first and then make room for the Nightborne there, by building a Nightborne extension.


    I'm being practical and logical. Of all the races around, what do you think blizzard would do first? Give night elves a different home when they already designed a great Night elven city, or redo Silvermoon and Exodar City up first?

    Is it not far more likely forsaken will get something like Ice Crown citadel and Night elves Suramar than actual new places?

    If you can't think practically you are kidding yourself girl. Neither of us know what will happen, but anything can, anything, when you can write whatever progression, there are other factors that take precedence, Suramar is a perfect night city, and the broken isles ideal for the night elves to make a home and capital, shared or alone.
    You aren't thinking practically if you think Thalyssra should surrender her home to somebody who didn't even like her.

    And where are they supposed to go, for a city? Err - Lor'danel, Mathystra, Bashal'Aran - plus a few connecting buildings and you have a major settlements, in Northern Darkshore that would act as Kaldorei/Worgen powerhouse, and keep watch over Darkshore, Ashenvale and Felwood.

    And Night Elves don't have to be the sole race involved for them to get a new home, because what about the Forsaken? Are they not entitled to getting their home as well? Why are we dedicated entire expansions to one small thing, when it could easily be done off-screen. Hell, they built Lor'danel off-screen. They created Silvermoon and Suramar, off-screen. They created Dazar'alor off-screen. A new night elf city can easily be made off-screen and a restored Tirisfal Glades can also be done with great ease, off-screen. We don't need to dedicate anytime for nonsense things, that can be sorted off screen.

    And it's not likely the Forsaken will get Icecrown and Night Elves will get Suramar, because these two places are completely illogical for them. Northern Lordaeron is the home of the Forsaken. They would want to return and they should. Night Elves' home is Ashenvale, Darkshore and North Western Kalimdor. So, they move back there.

    No - your not thinking logically at all, because it's far easier for them to just rebuild and recreate Mathystra, joined to Lor'danel restored and Bashal'Aran, than it would be to mess with Suramar, which is not there's and should NEVER be there's. Suramar belongs to the Nightborne and the Horde.
    You lost it. Toughen up.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Something it apparently seems some fans appear not to get. Looking at you Tanaria. @Mace, he reminds me of Obelisk Kai - and doesn't seem to get, that blizzard is not above doing things players regard as impossible - like they did when they took the blood elves horde. And why is it impossible? it never was, arbitrary made up reason in fictional lore when it's a person that is writing the lroe and can write whatever happens. They could wipe out all the races except humans, and only a remnant of adventurers from other races remain - if they wanted.


    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]

    If I were a neutral blizzard development, looking to fulfil new home criteria and development. At the top of the list of wants is Silvermoon redone and Quel'thalas updated. A night elf new home yes, I have options, but am I really going to sink development time into building a brand new city for them that players hardly use if it's not going to play some major role in an expansion, given I already did a masterpiece recently.
    I am far more likely to make a place for the Nightborne in Silvermoon, or make the Nightborne and Night elves share (which has interesting possibilities for the story), than build a new home.

    Tbh, in my opinion it is greed and possessive jealousy a bit unwarranted that is causing you to be against this so strongly. When blood elves and Nightborne were being put on the horde, I could understand a bit more alliance high elves and night elves not wanting to share because until that point these are races and fantasy exclusive to the alliance and they don't fit the horde theme or purpose, if someone was posting in forums asking for them to be horde, they'd be like you and Obelisk Kai declaring not a fat chance in hell, all the lore reasons they they're not or don't fit, but none of those mattered. There is a degree of greed and jealous possessiveness from the alliance fans, but wanting their own unique faction identity in tact was a more understandable sentiment when the elves hadn't crossed over the line or the pandaren hadn't and both factions were unique.

    However once that seized to be the case, it is a bit stunning to vehemently oppose or not want alliance fans to have neither high elven stuff, which includes appearanceand assets, or the night elven stuff that was given tot he horde. THe night elf stuff is even more silly, because the night elf is the core race and is firmly on thealliance for a long time, if you r only real reason for not wanting Suramar share is because it's now horde and that made you happy (which I suspect is the case), then while I can understand it I don't sympathise because what you have is night elven stuff there, so all these posts opposing night elve getting something stunning or beautiful ike "their own racial city" the place of birth of some of their most famous characters and where the playable faction's group mostly come from - just because blizzard happened to take the Nightborne horde is not a good enough reason for me either.
    1. The Nightborne don't have to have Suramar to remain horde.
    2. The Nightborne don't have to remain exclusively horde either


    Night elf wasn't a horde race to begin with, so you can play some of them on the horde, you expect magical night elf assets to be horde exclusive now just because of that? so you are fine with blizzard sharing an alliance faction race with yoou, but not fine with the alliance night elves having some of their own racial assets.. right.



    Mace is correct here Tanaria, practical and logical places are decided based on design and development reasons. As for lore reasons, you should know anything is possible, and there is grounds for a new place in many locations as well as in Suramar itself. None are more logical or practical than another.

    There are reasons you can argue for and against any place, whether Gilneas, Feralas, Naz'jatar, Suramar, Crystalsong, Duskwood etc etc - notice the places I mentioned just now have either connection with night elf lore (i.e. NElf based zones) or are thematic with the druidic side of night elves.

    Everyone can list their proos and cons on why they would like this one over the other. Most wow players won't care - but if blizz put night elves in a sucky place they wouldn't like it, and it would just be one more disappoint thing even if it didn't bother them that much, if it was an amazing place, they'd like it and it scores as something cool, even if they didn't care.

    The hardcores like yourself (and formerly me) are where all the passion comes out, You would argue for nearly any location but Suramar, because you feel it belongs to your faction exclusively right?, but it's a night elf city, and your Nightborne are a night elven race, all they have comes from the race in the other faction - don't you think it's a b it illogical to expect it to somehow be totally off grounds? - it's just the sort of thing to shock players. because their passions have effectively blinded them so they don't see certain obvious choices because they don't want to.

    Wanna bet when Suramar was built the aim was for the Nigiht elves to move in there? Why do I suspect so? Well, WoT was already known to be coming, Kaldimor would go horde majority, so blizzard would use the night elf zones they built including a pre-sundering city to host the night elves whose homes they knew they were going to destroy (having planning 2 expansions ahead and all, BFA's plot was probably known in WoD). So when the unexpected step to make the Nightborne a playable allied race comes, and they go horde, well, that makes that a bit awkward to implement now.

    but at the end of the day , it's just story, whether or not the night elves have it or Nightborne, the cities use is for the legion quests right, and if the horde have NB, that's all they need, NB don't have to have a city there forever, I mean, did you see NElves in Darnassus forever? no, or humans in lordaeron ? no..

    It's just plot devices.


    I agree with mace, that many more people will be happy with Silvermoon being built and focused on first, a new Silvermoon could have room for the Nightborne entirely, if the night elves were to indeed have Suramar instead of building them a new one, or the nightboren and night elves could share - I mean seeing the elf races are already shared, does sharing the city seem so outlandish.
    Waffle, waffle, waffle - your just completely wrong. You both are not paying attention to the direction of the game, for the Night Elves...do either of you even "night elf" as I'm having doubts.
    Your headcanons contradict the direction that is being taken. Tyrande went to get Darkshore back. Not Suramar. She and Shandris are dispatching the night elf army, from the boughs of Nordrassil. Not from Suramar. Nothing, in current night elf lore has anything to do with Suramar.

    The only thing that Suramar is involved with, at the current time, is the kiss between Thalyssra and Lor'themar Theron.

    And the fact, that you two are so willfully and dishonestly, ignorant about the fact that Tyrande refused to sign the peace-treaty between the Horde and Alliance, clearly tells you something and it doesn't involve night elves - especially idiotic night elf mages - in Suramar. It doesn't and it never will. Thank heavens.
    Why should Thalyssra's people be displaced for no other reasons, than a few forum dwellers wanting something or Nightborne fans, having to share their city with a race who hates them. This is total oppression on the Nightborne and they don't deserve that.

    Also, if Nightborne are forced to be removed, then I say Night Elves give up Ashenvale, Darkshore and Hyjal completely and Nightborne claim those places. It's only fair.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-06-01 at 11:36 AM.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You are ignoring the simple fact that Nightborne and thus Suramar ARE HORDE.

    Horde, who are the enemies of the Alliance where Night Elves are. No matter the outcome and armistice after BFA, it will only take one or two expansion (or no time at all like the MoP to WoD transition) before there is an all out war between the factions again. You simply cannot share the city in a situation like that.
    Existing lore is not a hinderance to new lore, and blizzard has even shown they'll happily retcon existing situations and lore to make way for new ones they wanna do, we should know this by now - ANYTHING can happen, espeically if it is something that helps cut development lines or makes the story juicier.

    If I had argued in a forum post that they should destroy Teldrassil and move the story forward - you'd be replying saying Darnassus is racial captial, they would never do that and list lal the reasons why things have to be that way, but all of it means jack, when you progress a story or develop things, new things happen, and the motivations vary, whether it's practical, or gameplay, or cost effective or just lore.


    The fact the very alliance elves are on the horde is one such example and you honestly think that Night elves can have Surmaar because it's horde. They could give Void Elves Silvermoon or destory it tomorrow. I'm sure a lot of blood elf fans don't want that.. do you think Night elf fans wanted their race genocided or their home destroyed?

    Just because you don't want a thing to happen doesn't mean it won't, you should know this, you're not a child any longer you make do with what happens and in franchises like this you really are on for the ride, you don't determine anything in game. You should never consider any possibility as never going to happen, that's just begging for it to happen.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Waffle, waffle, waffle - your just completely wrong. You both are not paying attention to the direction of the game, for the Night Elves...do either of you even "night elf" as I'm having doubts.
    Your headcanons contradict the direction that is being taken. Tyrande went to get Darkshore back. Not Suramar. She and Shandris are dispatching the night elf army, from the boughs of Nordrassil. Not from Suramar. Nothing, in current night elf lore has anything to do with Suramar.

    The only thing that Suramar is involved with, at the current time, is the kiss between Thalyssra and Lor'themar Theron.
    If you say, and if it makes you sleep better at night
    Valewalker Farodin:

    "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Not ignoring, just saying it is not the limitation you are making it out to be. NB are an allied race of an alliance core race - NIght elves were exclusively ALLIANCE until they took the Nigthborne horde, High elves were exlcuisvely ALLIANCE, until they took the blood elves horde. Being exclusive in one faction atm, is NOT the limitation you think it is.

    But if you odn't see that logic or don't want to believe it, whatever. All the forum agreeing with you won't change this.
    So how could Night Elves conquer part of Suramar for themselves? Send in massive army to claim the city and once their advance is stopped, go full on Cold War Berlin and build a wall between their areas and the areas still being held by the Horde?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Existing lore is not a hinderance to new lore, and blizzard has even shown they'll happily retcon existing situations and lore to make way for new ones they wanna do, we should know this by now - ANYTHING can happen, espeically if it is something that helps cut development lines or makes the story juicier.

    If I had argued in a forum post that they should destroy Teldrassil and move the story forward - you'd be replying saying Darnassus is racial captial, they would never do that and list lal the reasons why things have to be that way, but all of it means jack, when you progress a story or develop things, new things happen, and the motivations vary, whether it's practical, or gameplay, or cost effective or just lore.


    The fact the very alliance elves are on the horde is one such example and you honestly think that Night elves can have Surmaar because it's horde. They could give Void Elves Silvermoon or destory it tomorrow. I'm sure a lot of blood elf fans don't want that.. do you think Night elf fans wanted their race genocided or their home destroyed?

    Just because you don't want a thing to happen doesn't mean it won't, you should know this, you're not a child any longer you make do with what happens and in franchises like this you really are on for the ride, you don't determine anything in game. You should never consider any possibility as never going to happen, that's just begging for it to happen.

    - - - Updated - - -


    If you say, and if it makes you sleep better at night
    I play Alliance. I'm by no means a Horde fanboi here.

    But the fact is, Horde and Alliance will always be in war. If there was ever a chance to stop that, it would have been the Ending the Cycle -part of the War Champaign story. But Blizzard kept Horde and Alliance separate, and sooner or later they will be on full on war again.

    Next time conflict escalates, it will probably done by Alliance. To balance out the predictable story of Horde Warchief being batshit crazy warmonger which they have done twice in WoW already. Could even be Tyrande claiming revenge for Teldrassil by conquering Suramar as a new Nelf capital. But then the Horde will be driven out from the city and it'll swap to Alliance. Shared racial city won't happen as long as the Factions are a thing.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    You aren't thinking practically if you think Thalyssra should surrender her home to somebody who didn't even like her.

    And where are they supposed to go, for a city? Err - Lor'danel, Mathystra, Bashal'Aran - plus a few connecting buildings and you have a major settlements, in Northern Darkshore that would act as Kaldorei/Worgen powerhouse, and keep watch over Darkshore, Ashenvale and Felwood.
    You really can't think outside the box? Is assumptions about existing lore that you have no way of controlling your only consideration when trying to predict what will happen?

    We both presented possible scenarios, I don't live in Azeroth, but in the real world conscious of very important factors like development objectives, lead times, costs, directions etc, I can argue withyou till the end of the world of how things can go based soley on in game lore, but the truth is we are just predicting , we don't know what they'll do, and we don't determine it.

    I have helped by pointing out out of game factors that shouldn't be ignored if you want to truly consider all options, but while it is your right to completely ignore them, I should point out that these more so than any in game reasons we may concoct, are out drive the development direction. You need to see this. But ofc maybe you do and just don't want to, who knows You don't seem to like me pointing out scenarios you don't like -

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    do you think Night elf fans wanted their race genocided or their home destroyed?
    No - but also, many night elf fans wanted night elf lands (Kalimdor - Ashenvale, Darkshore, Hyjal, Felwood) - to be reclaimed and in night elf hands. Darkshore and Hyjal, seemingly are as well as the Kaldorei winning the Darkshore Warfront. It's only Hyjal, where we might have problems.

    I've literally only seen you two, go on about wanting Suramar and the Nightborne, to be displaced or being forced to share it, which isn't right. It raises questions as to whether the Nightborne are truly committed to the Horde cause and would see Thalyssra and Suramar's voice removed from the Council. Thalyssra doesn't want that and neither does Suramar.
    Until we hear otherwise, her feelings on the Alliance remain clear. Too walled off, too cloistered and she's not wrong either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You really can't think outside the box? Is assumptions about existing lore that you have no way of controlling your only consideration when trying to predict what will happen?

    We both presented possible scenarios, I don't live in Azeroth, but in the real world conscious of very important factors like development objectives, lead times, costs, directions etc, I can argue withyou till the end of the world of how things can go based soley on in game lore, but the truth is we are just predicting , we don't know what they'll do, and we don't determine it.

    I have helped by pointing out out of game factors that shouldn't be ignored if you want to truly consider all options, but while it is your right to completely ignore them, I should point out that these more so than any in game reasons we may concoct, are out drive the development direction. You need to see this. But ofc maybe you do and just don't want to, who knows You don't seem to like me pointing out scenarios you don't like -
    A new city must make room for the Worgen. Suramar isn't that city.

    Darkshore's settlements suit their needs well and they know the land. Plus, I follow what I see in-game and the movements of the characters. The current movements settle the night elves and worgen in North Western Kalimdor, as they should be and we plan and build around what could be done, from what we've seen and what is likely.
    Also, - it's not as if Tyrande is going to start waging a war on Thalyssra whilst everybody is in the Shadowlands as Tyrande will be involved in the story.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-06-01 at 11:47 AM.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But the fact is, Horde and Alliance will always be in war. If there was ever a chance to stop that, it would have been the Ending the Cycle -part of the War Champaign story. But Blizzard kept Horde and Alliance separate, and sooner or later they will be on full on war again.

    Next time conflict escalates, it will probably done by Alliance. To balance out the predictable story of Horde Warchief being batshit crazy warmonger which they have done twice in WoW already. Could even be Tyrande claiming revenge for Teldrassil by conquering Suramar as a new Nelf capital. But then the Horde will be driven out from the city and it'll swap to Alliance. Shared racial city won't happen as long as the Factions are a thing.
    I think the war ended, and several times it has, you would think I was supporting the two factions be friends. You do realise conflict can still arise in "peace" times and two races in opposite factions can get along well and that doesn't mean the two factions will be friends. You also understand the way things have been going can also change too. It's the lore.. for all you know Nighte lves and Nightborne can become best buddies, that doesn't mean that all Nightborne players and night elf playewill be friends - you know the Nightborne and night elves can leave the factions, it doesn't mean that player characters would be leaving their faction in such a scenario, besides, neither race has to leave their faction to share a city either, there are situations and exceptions that can arise.

    In fact, they just make the story more interesting. Even the players being in separate faction sof that race can change, while I'm not saying it will, it can. Must I spell out everything that is possible? Do you not know by now that blizzard can do anything they want, no matter how much you think it is THIS way, it could all change .

    Better get use to it if you haven't. Many of us can say this who've been around a long time, because we've seen it, not once, but several times. And as long as this keeps going, we'll see it again.
    Valewalker Farodin:

    "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    A new city must make room for the Worgen. Suramar isn't that city.
    Lol.. she says "must", nothing has to happen the way you or I want it to happen, making imaginary limitations won't change that.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I think the war ended, and several times it has, you would think I was supporting the two factions be friends. You do realise conflict can still arise in "peace" times and two races in opposite factions can get along well and that doesn't mean the two factions will be friends. You also understand the way things have been going can also change too. It's the lore.. for all you know Nighte lves and Nightborne can become best buddies, that doesn't mean that all Nightborne players and night elf playewill be friends - you know the Nightborne and night elves can leave the factions, it doesn't mean that player characters would be leaving their faction in such a scenario, besides, neither race has to leave their faction to share a city either, there are situations and exceptions that can arise.

    In fact, they just make the story more interesting. Even the players being in separate faction sof that race can change, while I'm not saying it will, it can. Must I spell out everything that is possible? Do you not know by now that blizzard can do anything they want, no matter how much you think it is THIS way, it could all change .

    Better get use to it if you haven't. Many of us can say this who've been around a long time, because we've seen it, not once, but several times. And as long as this keeps going, we'll see it again.
    Nightborne and Blood Elves are already best buddies.
    Nightborne prefer Blood Elf company

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Lol.. she says "must", nothing has to happen the way you or I want it to happen, making imaginary limitations won't change that.
    Everyone involved in the Army of the Black Moon, has a voice and should be involved in the new home-base in Darkshore.
    Worgen and Gilnean Humans are part of said Army. Worgen and Gilnean Humans should be considered and probably will be. Worgen and Night Elves are very good friends and share a lot in common. Just like Nightborne and Blood Elves.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-06-01 at 11:53 AM.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I think the war ended, and several times it has, you would think I was supporting the two factions be friends. You do realise conflict can still arise in "peace" times and two races in opposite factions can get along well and that doesn't mean the two factions will be friends. You also understand the way things have been going can also change too. It's the lore.. for all you know Nighte lves and Nightborne can become best buddies, that doesn't mean that all Nightborne players and night elf playewill be friends - you know the Nightborne and night elves can leave the factions, it doesn't mean that player characters would be leaving their faction in such a scenario, besides, neither race has to leave their faction to share a city either, there are situations and exceptions that can arise.

    In fact, they just make the story more interesting. Even the players being in separate faction sof that race can change, while I'm not saying it will, it can. Must I spell out everything that is possible? Do you not know by now that blizzard can do anything they want, no matter how much you think it is THIS way, it could all change .

    Better get use to it if you haven't. Many of us can say this who've been around a long time, because we've seen it, not once, but several times. And as long as this keeps going, we'll see it again.
    Nightborne chose Blood Elves and Horde over Night Elves and Alliance. And that bond has only strengthened since then, which in turn drives them further away from Alliance and Night Elves.

    Full on peace between factions is impossibility, because Blizzard is just not willing to commit to that. They want to keep the factions separate and in war "because that is the core of Warcraft".

    Only way Night Elves could get even portions of Suramar at this point is by force. Story can certainly go there in the next Faction War expansion, whenever it happens.

  11. #291
    Pandaren Monk Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Valinor
    Posts
    1,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Only way Night Elves could get even portions of Suramar at this point is by force. Story can certainly go there in the next Faction War expansion, whenever it happens.
    And why would the NElfs look to any other hometown other then their own? NElf, actually all of the Kaldorei lore is deeply tied to the world Tree of Hyjal, the tree granted them imortality, which they agree to drop to save Azeroth by using its power to kill Archimonde, and stop the Legion. So again, why would they move? Why would they try to conquer a stupid city that has never belonged to them? A city were magic runs wild... They banned magic, and they focused on nature, mostly, NElfs have absolutely no conection to other land other then kalimdor.

    The only solution for them being currently homless, is bring back Teldrassil. But we won't see any nature theme there after the fire consumed all the island, and the tree.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    And why would the NElfs look to any other hometown other then their own? NElf, actually all of the Kaldorei lore is deeply tied to the world Tree of Hyjal, the tree granted them imortality, which they agree to drop to save Azeroth by using its power to kill Archimonde, and stop the Legion. So again, why would they move? Why would they try to conquer a stupid city that has never belonged to them? A city were magic runs wild... They banned magic, and they focused on nature, mostly, NElfs have absolutely no conection to other land other then kalimdor.

    The only solution for them being currently homless, is bring back Teldrassil. But we won't see any nature theme there after the fire consumed all the island, and the tree.
    Exactly. There is zero reason for Night Elves to attack Suramar, unless it is out of spite and Vengeance on Tyrande's part.


    And lets be honest, the most likely solution for homeless Nelves and Forsaken is... no solution. Blizzard is more than content to have playable races with no actual own home city. They can just hang out in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Exactly. There is zero reason for Night Elves to attack Suramar, unless it is out of spite and Vengeance on Tyrande's part.


    And lets be honest, the most likely solution for homeless Nelves and Forsaken is... no solution. Blizzard is more than content to have playable races with no actual own home city. They can just hang out in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.
    They have zero reason and even if they did - the Nightborne have allies from far and wide, to call upon - namely the HMT from the North and the Blood Elves, who can create portals to Suramar's Gate for reinforcements.
    At this stage, who can the Night Elves call upon? Maybe a few vengeful Worgen, but who else?

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    No night elf city because the horde got Suramar and Sivermoon? That sounds pretty stupid.
    No Highborne city he said.

    For the record, this isn't the time for it either, we will likely be busy saving or helping Tyrande first. I have a feeling she will die in the prepatch, this will let her roam the shadowlands in search for anwsers she seek. So I guess finding her inner self and her goals etc to lead the night elves yet again or not. We will revisit a potential home afther that. I mean whats the point for the night elves to build a magical city right now in the first place?, it takes a bunch of time and when time can be better spend, but we will see where they end up eventually.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No Highborne city he said.

    For the record, this isn't the time for it either, we will likely be busy saving or helping Tyrande first. I have a feeling she will die in the prepatch, this will let her roam the shadowlands in search for anwsers she seek. So I guess finding her inner self and her goals etc to lead the night elves yet again or not. We will revisit a potential home afther that. I mean whats the point for the night elves to build a magical city right now in the first place?, it takes a bunch of time and when time can be better spend, but we will see where they end up eventually.
    I'm not sure she will die because as of recent, those who have recently died - such as those who died on Teldrassil and also Saurfang, their souls are going straight to the Maw.
    Tyrande's story is focused in Ardenweald. Unless their is something that will show us the powers of the Winter Queen, that will prevent the Jailor from claiming Tyrande's soul, then I reckon that she's going into this, alive.

  16. #296
    @Tanaria , you are trying to argue that the future would only go one way, it's a pointless arguement.
    Valewalker Farodin:

    "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    @Tanaria , you are trying to argue that the future would only go one way, it's a pointless arguement.
    Pot kettle black.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No Highborne city he said.

    For the record, this isn't the time for it either, we will likely be busy saving or helping Tyrande first. I have a feeling she will die in the prepatch, this will let her roam the shadowlands in search for anwsers she seek. So I guess finding her inner self and her goals etc to lead the night elves yet again or not. We will revisit a potential home afther that. I mean whats the point for the night elves to build a magical city right now in the first place?, it takes a bunch of time and when time can be better spend, but we will see where they end up eventually.
    Considering that Suramar was not a "highborne" city, Eldre'thalas is.

    But for your record, it is correct. Pretty much NElves aren't getting a city, magical or otherwise any time soon. Blizzard already said that its not coming in 9.0 but they've noticed people want new homes for NElves and forsaken and they 're looking about sorting something in the expansion after.

    People have wanted Silvermoon done for a long time - just saying, does it make sense for the new Silvermoon to have a place for Nightborne and Night elves have Suramar or for blizzard to build a new city for night elven, forsaken and Silvermoon too on top? Or just make them share a city and make it sanctuary - like Dalaran and many other cities were.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Pot kettle black.
    Nope, I'm just supporting a host of possible scenarios Mace put up, you are the one saying it won't happen becaue nightborne are in the horde. It is certainly not a case of pot kettle black.

    Take the time to read what people actually say rather than make up what's in your head.
    Valewalker Farodin:

    "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Considering that Suramar was not a "highborne" city, Eldre'thalas is.

    People have wanted Silvermoon done for a long time - just saying, does it make sense for the new Silvermoon to have a place for Nightborne and Night elves have Suramar or for blizzard to build a new city for night elven, forsaken and Silvermoon too on top? Or just make them share a city and make it sanctuary - like Dalaran and many other cities were.
    Suramar had a Highborne Elite populace, that remained behind and they are the ones who became "Nightborne."
    They must have held a large number and they have been able to procreate.

    And no - it doesn't make sense for Silvermoon to be done, but to have a section that is completely done out in "Nightborne" "Suramar" style decorum. People have wanted Silvermoon done for longer than the Nightborne have been known. Hell, Silvermoon had warranted an update since MoP at the very least, when the Sunreavers started weaving new magics, founded on the Isle of Thunder.
    It also doesn't make sense for the city to be shared. Nightborne and Blood Elves are far closer as being friends than Nightborne and Night Elves. The closest ally to the Night Elves, at present, are the Worgen and Gilnean Humans.

    Suramar is a Horde City.
    Darkshore can be an Alliance location. Mathystra, Lor'danel and Bashal'Aran can be a joint new city for the Night Elves and Worgen.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Nope, I'm just supporting a host of possible scenarios Mace put up, you are the one saying it won't happen becaue nightborne are in the horde. It is certainly not a case of pot kettle black.

    Take the time to read what people actually say rather than make up what's in your head.
    Every single one of your ideas relates to Suramar, which is the Nightborne city. Your problem - you don't want to see other, more logical and satisfactory endings to this, other than "Suramar." The obsession over something that doesn't belong to you, is astounding.

    Night Elves and Worgen need a city. The most logical location to rebuild one would be Darkshore, considering that was the location that Sylvanas' armies hit hardest. They are the very close allies and relate to each other, very well as do the Nightborne and Blood Elves on the Horde
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-06-01 at 02:37 PM.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    NElfs have absolutely no conection to other land other then kalimdor.
    Considering Kalimdor is the entire planet.

    So you are saying Nelves have no connection to the Broken isles --- right!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    The only solution for them being currently homless, is bring back Teldrassil. But we won't see any nature theme there after the fire consumed all the island, and the tree.
    Creative and limitation don't go together. "only solution?"
    Valewalker Farodin:

    "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •