Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...

There are

Well Diablo3 was even more worse than Wolcan.
    PoE has a high entry lvl too the amzing Skillsystem.
    Atm there is Last Epoch witch have a small skill system but also fucking huge possibilitys off builds,and its pretty easy for begginner to Start and make ur own build.
    So ill guess we have 2 pretty good Hack n Slay or how u call it ARPGS with PoE and Last Epoch.

Ill would bet that activiblizzard will Fuck up D4 like they fucked up D3 and WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraketh View Post
    Well Diablo3 was even more worse than Wolcan.
    PoE has a high entry lvl too the amzing Skillsystem.
    Atm there is Last Epoch witch have a small skill system but also fucking huge possibilitys off builds,and its pretty easy for begginner to Start and make ur own build.
    So ill guess we have 2 pretty good Hack n Slay or how u call it ARPGS with PoE and Last Epoch.

Ill would bet that activiblizzard will Fuck up D4 like they fucked up D3 and WoW.
    Yeah, D3 was not even close to the mess Wolcen was. And there are quite a few more than 2. Hell one of yours hasn't even launched and has been in EA for like 5 years.

But off the top of my head, D2, still active and good, D3, PoE, Grim Dawn, WH40K Martyr, TL2 is still playable, then you have games like Chrinochon, Hero Siege, both acquired tastes but very solid. Even further, TQ remaster, TL3, while not much replayability, has a solid campaign with some interesting classes. TL1 is still playable, Chaosbane is a bit dull but has a decent campaign. Wolcen for all it's troubles, is decent. D1 is on GoG and still fun if not outdated/antiquated.

So right there you have 14 Diablo clones available, 15 counting LE, with I'm sure many more I haven't named that aren't as well known.

Plenty of room.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I don't think there is room PoE-like games (hack and slash). Chaosbane wasn't that succesful and D3 was also fail. Can't see how D4 is going to success.
    Can't believe this guy doesn't understand Diablo is the one that established the entire genre a couple decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Can't believe this guy doesn't understand Diablo is the one that established the entire genre a couple decades ago.
    He's also using a game from a franchise that routinely releases bad underselling games and the fastest and best selling ARPG of all tome as his examples. Very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Lel, D3 is one of the most successful games of all times, and the combat is a lot better than in POE.
    D3 was one of the most pre-launched hyped games of all time riding on the cult classic following of it's predecessor, that was actually a giant steaming pile of shit. I would say Diablo 3 was not really successful at all seeing as how it's basically tarnished the entire series' name. But yeh stockholders got their nice launch profit I guess, what a 'success' for us gamers that a bunch of goblins got some money from a hyped series launch. Us gamers really won of their success

And yeh there is room for PoE style games, it's just the hack and slash genre now has the same problem the MMO genre has.

In that there is an established and successful game, Path of Exile that has been in development for multiple years, that now all newcomers to that genre must basically start with that level of development at their launch. With is of course very difficult.

Path of Exile doesn't actually have any immediate competitors like WoW has with FFXIV, ESO, GW2 so I'd say there's more than enough room for more hack and slash games. There is actually no game for PoE players to go to if PoE starts to suck.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2021-05-23 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    was actually a giant steaming pile of shit
    Not really. Technical issues aside, even at launch Diablo 3 was an okay-ish game and it got significantly better after patches and the expansion release. If Blizzard didn't give up and continued to add content and improvements, I think D3 would be a strong competitor for PoE and it would go down in history as one of the best aRPGs ever made.

The main problem with Diablo 3 was that Blizzard decided to go in a different direction than a lot of D2 veterans expected. That, along with the mentioned technical issues and the fact that expectations and hype were so high that they were impossible to meet, lead to the game getting a stigma of being "horrible", when it reality it was just mediocre (and not what a lot of people wanted).
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2021-05-24 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Not really. Technical issues aside, even at launch Diablo 3 was an okay-ish game and it got significantly better after patches and the expansion release. If Blizzard didn't give up and continued to add content and improvements, I think D3 would be a strong competitor for PoE and it would go down in history as one of the best aRPGs ever made.
    The main issue with D3 was the AH - not by itself but because of the interconnection with mechanics like drops, itemization, etc and the fact you had a real money version of it.

Look at PoE. Like it or not, the best way to ppaybis to farm currency to buy the items for your build. It takes long because currencies are convoluted as hell and are someway scarce. D3 didnt have any of that, only gold and you could literally swipe your credit card for gear. This destroyed the whole gameplay loop, while PoE manages to survive just because it's slow as hell in comparison.

They got rid of it with RoS but the game core was tainted and they couldn't really do much with it, and the game was cut as soon the expansion launched, so they didnt really had any time to actually try anything.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

how does this troll get 20 pages of responses
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    That lasted 20 pages and a whole year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Yeah, D3 was not even close to the mess Wolcen was. And there are quite a few more than 2. Hell one of yours hasn't even launched and has been in EA for like 5 years.

But off the top of my head, D2, still active and good, D3, PoE, Grim Dawn, WH40K Martyr, TL2 is still playable, then you have games like Chrinochon, Hero Siege, both acquired tastes but very solid. Even further, TQ remaster, TL3, while not much replayability, has a solid campaign with some interesting classes. TL1 is still playable, Chaosbane is a bit dull but has a decent campaign. Wolcen for all it's troubles, is decent. D1 is on GoG and still fun if not outdated/antiquated.

So right there you have 14 Diablo clones available, 15 counting LE, with I'm sure many more I haven't named that aren't as well known.

Plenty of room.
    I quite like Grim Dawn and play it at least once or twice a week. It's still being supported as well. It's a great game and my favorite ARPG. I found POE combat to be really clunky and it didn't improve in the first year so I put it up on the shelf. I like D3 well enough for a week or two at a time a couple of times a year. I think it still has the best combat engine of any of them. Season 24 looks to be worth looking at. I agree that there are a lot of decent ARPG's around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Ignore the trolling and just talk. Not that hard. The topic itself is pretty much evergreen.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I don't think there is room PoE-like games (hack and slash). Chaosbane wasn't that succesful and D3 was also fail. Can't see how D4 is going to success.
    It's not the hack and slash genre that's outdated. It's the garbage skill trees that require investing 100+ points investing in arbitrary skills that buff your main skill so you can just spam your 1main skill amplified by random gear drops that let you teleport all around the arena, evading enemy attacks, while spamming that 1 arbitrarily buffed skill that you invested 100+ points into skills that have nothing to do with your main skill that's outdaded.

Games are supposed to be fun, not a Microsoft Excel simulator.

And while yes, I did exaggerate, I don't want anyone to tell me Path of Exile or Diablo 2 is the pinnacle of game design. I would kindly forward you some spreadsheets for my job if you do.

Path of Exile came out 20 years too late.