Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    True, I can't think myself. I see green number I equip Item. Big gains. Nice gameplay. Such depth.
    Yeah man, I totally understand. I too don't really care for unlocking multiple pointless nodes of +5 Attributes in an overbloated sphere grid. I really just prefer attributes on gear that are self explanatory and don't require cross-referencing 7 others stats against them to see if they are actually a pointless waste.

I also just can't get enough of my gear requiring stupid amounts of resistance because a games brilliant idea of difficulty is just to make you weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Yeah man, I totally understand. I too don't really care for unlocking multiple pointless nodes of +5 Attributes in an overbloated sphere grid. I really just prefer attributes on gear that are self explanatory and don't require cross-referencing 7 others stats against them to see if they are actually a pointless waste.

I also just can't get enough of my gear requiring stupid amounts of resistance because a games brilliant idea of difficulty is just to make you weaker.
    True, too many numbers irritate me. Diablo 3 gearing system is so perfect. All I do is look at the bottom text and know if an upgrade or not. Imagine having meaningful gear. NOT WITH ME!

Honestly, saying that you must have to think a lot for playing POE when most people simply get path of building, follow a guide, farm currency and get a list of detailed gear and they are ready to go.
    It is like in wow, there is a limited group of theorycrafters and most players just follow the guides, specially after you have finished story mode, do your mapping and have to go for ubers, 99% of people (me included) we do just follow a guide.
    Still you need to invest some time in knowing the huge amount of content/things you have to do in order to get your char going and there is always room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I don't think
    Rest of the post is unneeded... you got it right in the first three words.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I tend to play both as I enjoy both of them.
    Yep i also like both of them, it is just that d3 pours vey little content or none at all so i stopped playing, but the content that poe is getting out nowadays it is not very compelling to me to tell the truth, just take a look at the new league for example, in ultimatum main appeal seems to be reworked rewards, which is fine, but i would not call that new content.
    I would love to get a hand in poe2 and d4 right now, because honestly i am far more interested in d2 resurrected than in d3 or poe1

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Same reason i dont play. Looks horrible, plays horrible. Don't see why people adore this game.
    The gearing and currency model is pretty good, even if the latter are just... way too overwhelmingly numerous for its own sake, much like the skill tree is XBOXHUEG for its own sake and 95% of it is boring passive % increases. The endgame Maps is a good system as well, much better than the endgame loop in most ARPGs, Diablo 3 included. If you care about stats and powergaming first and foremost PoE has a lot to offer.

But yeah, what majorly turns me off the game is the unsatisfying combat. If I want Diablo 2's old-school combat (to not say dated), I'll play Diablo 2. I don't want my melee character to chug mana potions. I don't want to spam literally 1 skill all day long. I don't care if my abilities can be modified in 74 different ways if none of them feel good to press. The lore is meh and even the VAs sound bored. The skill tree looks impressive and does allow for some creativity but it's just bloated by unnecessary fluff, and the fanbase is very... hit and miss. It reminds me of the Dark Souls fanbase, there's some great people existing alongside insufferable elitists who think themselves God's very own gift to gaming because they play something that's only marginally more complex than the mainstream.

The visuals I think are globally fine, but it could use more color and less of a grimdark washed out look. Next to Diablo 3, or even the great lighting of D2 Ressurected it looks pretty bland yeah.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2021-04-12 at 11:01 PM.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account

^My PoE played time, and I'm still looking forward to the next league, with all the improvements. I'm not a hardcore player either, friends of mine have 8000+ hours.

Sure, aesthetically the game is not as pleasing as D3, but D3 got pretty fucking boring and fast for me once at end game. Meanwhile that is where PoE shines, hours upon hours of stuff to do end game.

Then you have the fact there are thousands of builds. PoE's passive skill tree is far superior to D3.

I get the feeling people calling PoE shit are the ones that haven't bothered actually playing the game for more than 30 minutes, which is fine, it's not everyone's cup of tea. But don't make it out like it's a fact...

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    True, too many numbers irritate me. Diablo 3 gearing system is so perfect. All I do is look at the bottom text and know if an upgrade or not. Imagine having meaningful gear. NOT WITH ME!
    That's not how D3 works though, the tooltip numbers are a trap. If you actually play D3 with any level of success you realise you're looking for specific stats for specific builds. Example is that attack speed increases tooltip damage massively but it may literally contribute 0 to your builds actual damage output, stats like cooldown reduction and area damage are massive for some builds but they show nothing on the tooltip. Elemental damage also does not show on the tooltip to indicate anything

D3 is built around set bonuses and synergies, the tooltip values of damage/toughness are often meaningless.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    [
    Sure, aesthetically the game is not as pleasing as D3, but D3 got pretty fucking boring and fast for me once at end game. Meanwhile that is where PoE shines, hours upon hours of stuff to do end game.

Then you have the fact there are thousands of builds. PoE's passive skill tree is far superior to D3.
    I don't agree. There are thousands of builds yet the ones played are a handful. All due to how things scale at endgame. Not saying PoE isn't superior to D3, but D3 has literally nothing in that compartment so winning over it is pretty easy.

As for endgame, i find it as pointless as D3. In D3 you farm GRs for XP and base stats, in PoE you farm maps to get currency and buy your gear - neither of the 2 strikes me, D2 is still the winner by far since while trading was a thing you didn't need it really to do anything. PoE in the end is a bloated tree which just hides how all builds are cookie-cutter and the right items are always the same ones.

PoE isn't obviously bad, it's an insanely good game - yet it's not a good game to me. Maps are absurdly boring, and once your character is decked you are zipping through stuff so it's not even entertaining as combat imho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    D3 is built around set bonuses and synergies, the tooltip values of damage/toughness are often meaningless.
    And thats the problem. D3 itemization sucks really bad - synergies are good, but not when all the work has been done beforehand. No thoughts or effort is required by the players, as you have precrafted builds and you have to choose one developers have made for you. On the other side, combat is so good. If PoE had combat like D3, damn if it wouldn't be the absolute winner.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by dryla1 View Post
    Not that it is not ok, but i would have thought that someone married with kids and a job would not be likely to replay any game because of the time limitations.
    My perspective would be: If you're married with kids/time poor it's more likely you replay games you already know because the learning curve has been tackled so you can get straight into enjoy it. I'd start PoE but it looks way too complex for me and it sounds like PoE 2 isn't any different/is just a continuation so will continue to be a hard pass from me.

Diablo 2 gets replayed because i know the runewords and build - i just wait for season resets so gameplay feels fresh.

Hope that helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    PoE has high entry threshold. Diablo is totally diffrent and its good for casuals. Both have their audience. I do like both but im less like to jump in high end progression like PoE is. I do like more causal gamin now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Who the hell calls hack'n'slash "poe-like"?
    Who the hell calls arpg’s, hack and slash?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    A completed game will always be better then something that keeps filling up with bloat. Bloated systems upon bloated systems
    I agree, poe turned into a big pile of bloated garbage. Just like those fat zombies in d3 once you open them up.. Things get messy

It's more that adding constantly new systems brings them to some sort of "soft resets" of the game. Like when they reworked the masters, the atlas, etc. They're doing a pretty good job at it given how convoluted some things are but it's really adding up too much.

I love to get in for new leagues, create new characters with builds i come up and see if i can make those work, and as usual after leveling, mapping a little while and getting the build "done", i am also done with the game. So i play for really short periods of time. Then i get bored and skip leagues over leagues until i want to try it again.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Who the hell calls hack'n'slash "poe-like"?
    fan rage base of poe thing, they think that poe is the main thing, but diablo is it and any hack n slash are only clone from it :P

A completed game will always be better then something that keeps filling up with bloat. Bloated systems upon bloated systems
    a constantly updated game will always be better than empty game

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I don't think there is room PoE-like games (hack and slash). Chaosbane wasn't that succesful and D3 was also fail. Can't see how D4 is going to success.
    You mean Diablo-like games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    a constantly updated game will always be better than empty game
    Then it would be an unfair comparison then.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Completed? They butchered the last expansion, sold its class as a DLC and then threw the remaining tripe into the game as random locations.

I honestly don't give a shit about seasons and rifts and what not. I just complete the story and fuck off.