Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You mean asides from D2 itself.

And that's the whole topic of this isn't it? A Diablo 2 Remaster.

Grim Dawn is a great game, but Grim Dawn only does Grim Dawn the best. I don't play Grim Dawn because it's like D2, I play it because it's a fun game on its own. But it really isn't Diablo 2. Diablo 2 is the reason I still play Diablo 2.

The gameplay is already set and familiar. I know what items to get, I know what Runes and Runewords to hunt for, I'm familiar with the Legendaries and how it excites me when I see a good one drop. That is all gameplay. That is all immersion. Grim Dawn can have fun mechanics, but it isn't an analog to D2, just as D3 or PoE wouldn't be D2.

If I wanted to play Grim Dawn, then I'd just go and play Grim Dawn and talk about it on Grim Dawn forums, right?
    I get that,but for me a d2 remake would still not be better than grim dawn,unless they do more to improve the game than just copy paste d2 in a modern engine

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I get that,but for me a d2 remake would still not be better than grim dawn,unless they do more to improve the game than just copy paste d2 in a modern engine
    Why does it have to be better than Grim Dawn?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way I'm interested is if they actually change the gameplay because it is outdated and nobody will play it outside of the nostalgia crew. It will not attract any new people because why would they play a game that plays like it came out in 2002, when there are games that play much better now.

Now I don't want them to change items and actual systems like runes and such, just the combat engine and a few QOL changes, like auto gold pickup and toggle for item filter so you don't have to hold ALT pressed non-stop (don't even remember if this was actually in the game). If they bring it close to the combat in D3 but with the other system of D2 it'll pretty much kill any competition currently on the market (yes POE included), but if it's just a straight up high-res reskin then meh...

Why does it have to be better than Grim Dawn?
    human nature i guess,i cant go back to individualy clicking gold LOL

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    human nature i guess,i cant go back to individualy clicking gold LOL
    No one ever does that though.

You just pick up items that sell for 35k like wands and orbs and make hundreds of thousand per run.

Besides that, gold's only real use is to gamble, and that's a completely optional part of the game.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-05-14 at 12:22 AM.

The combat action bars could use an update. 2 spells at a time is pretty lame. But lemme guess the no changes crew will claim this is heresay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The combat action bars could use an update. 2 spells at a time is pretty lame. But lemme guess the no changes crew will claim this is heresay
    You can bind skills to the Function keys (F1 - F12) I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    You can bind skills to the Function keys (F1 - F12) I think.
    Yes but it's still terrible and limited design from the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    What did you have in mind for this change?

While I'm not opposed to updating certain systems, there's certain functionality that I see with the 2-active skills system that ties into how D2 is played right now, namely for how Paladins and Auras work.

If we have a combat bar with (for example) 4 abilities, then would Paladins run around with multiple active auras? Or one aura at a time still?

10+ Year Old Account

While I'm not opposed to updating certain systems, there's certain functionality that I see with the 2-active skills system that ties into how D2 is played right now, namely for how Paladins and Auras work.

If we have a combat bar with (for example) 4 abilities, then would Paladins run around with multiple active auras? Or one aura at a time still?
    I'd say still 1 aura, just have a hotbar to bind skills for easy switching between auras, and let you bind them to other buttons than the Function keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I'd say still 1 aura, just have a hotbar to bind skills for easy switching between auras, and let you bind them to other buttons than the Function keys.
    You can already bind your hotkeys to any button...

I personally have all my skills bound to QWERASDF

You could limit auras easily enough so it doesn't invalidate items and multiple pallys in a group can choose a different aura to stack them. Same could be done for barb war cry.

Depends if they are gonna just remake the game or add in content. The solo player experience hasn't aged well. It's very easy to get to hell then in hell diff only a few builds work because of immunities and solo grinding an infinity pole arm is bonkers.

People forget all there is to do is do baal runs or pvp.

It needs more end game content and a change to immunities wouldn't go a stray so it opened up build/merc variety

I was thrilled to hear it's coming for d2 remaster but also i am terrified what they did to warcraft 3 reforged, Do you think it'll be worth to play if they deliver unfinished diablo 2 remaster? I bet they will make the same mistake route again. I mean, it's activision.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    I was thrilled to hear it's coming for d2 remaster but also i am terrified what they did to warcraft 3 reforged, Do you think it'll be worth to play if they deliver unfinished diablo 2 remaster? I bet they will make the same mistake route again. I mean, it's activision.
    W3R was done by the new team working part time inbetween making coffee whihc resulted in what we know now.
    D2 Remastered is made by an actual dev team studio (tho not blibli) so the result "should" be much better this.

Question remain as did they just "updated" the game (which from what i understand would be very difficult because of the how the game was coded) or did they just re-coded the game using a new engine and re-drawing the assets? (kinda like FF7 did)
    It will be nice to see what happen. But yeah, they are walking on very thin ice lol
    Last edited by Knaar; 2020-05-17 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    W3R was done by the new team working part time inbetween making coffee whihc resulted in what we know now.
    D2 Remastered is made by an actual dev team studio (tho not blibli) so the result "should" be much better this.
    Has there been any confirmation? Last I checked it's still an unconfirmed rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Has there been any confirmation? Last I checked it's still an unconfirmed rumor.
    Obviously no real confirmation to this point, but given the past achivements of that french website and how they managed to be spot on regarding various rumors and unreleased games, i'd say it's highly possible to be real.

New rumors seem to point out an announcement of D2:R as soon as June - due to the month being the 20th anniversary of the game release. There is going to be an only online IGN event, where multiple companies will present/talk about their projects and Blizzard has been confirmed to be one of the presenters.

May be absolutely nothing - there's Shadowlands, OW2 etc so they can just go ahead and talk about of the already announced games, but it's something that is in the realm of poissibility.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    New rumors seem to point out an announcement of D2:R as soon as June - due to the month being the 20th anniversary of the game release.
    Oh right, D2 was released on June 29th, 2000! Maybe they'll indeed announce something around that date, as it would be THE perfect opportunity.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I doubt it will come this year. They rarely release games before Blizzcon announcement and beta.
    something tells me blizzcon may be cancelled this year....just a feeling or it will be strictly virtual ticket.(seeing as the only reason i even watch it is for the cosplay contest....yeah that eliminates needing to watch that.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheKing View Post
    If they remove my ability to play OG D2 I will fucking kill myself.
    you better believe they are already planning that.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't Grim Dawn have a Diablo 2 mod? I suppose you could see that as a modernized D2