Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    This ... remastering it is pointles ... everything about it is obsolete not just the graphics.
    Thats just not true

Next up on Blizzards list of shit we've already pay for that we should pay for again because the company has lost all sense of creativity.

Listening to Ion makes you question that he even played the game (we know he did, or we think we do)
    Over the years they made classes, quests, abilities and mechanics easier to play/understand and PVE content more difficulty segregated to offset that.
    The only solution I think is
    - to make classes more complicated (like combining old talent trees with new active one)
    - make outdoor mobs meatier and harder to kill
    - bring back the REAL elite mobs (having a golden dragon outside of an instance shouldn't mean " *spits on keyboard* *press 1 cd* I GOT THIS"
    - reduce loot drops, make players happy for that green item they get during a quest or a blue one at the end of a 10 quest chain + dungeon

and that would be a start

Quote Originally Posted by Kremzy View Post
    Listening to Ion makes you question that he even played the game (we know he did, or we think we do)
    Over the years they made classes, quests, abilities and mechanics easier to play/understand and PVE content more difficulty segregated to offset that.
    The only solution I think is
    - to make classes more complicated (like combining old talent trees with new active one)
    - make outdoor mobs meatier and harder to kill
    - bring back the REAL elite mobs (having a golden dragon outside of an instance shouldn't mean " *spits on keyboard* *press 1 cd* I GOT THIS"
    - reduce loot drops, make players happy for that green item they get during a quest or a blue one at the end of a 10 quest chain + dungeon

and that would be a start
    What i really dont get is that he actually comes from an elite mythic raider pov. So whats the deal with making these 3 button specs? I dont get it.

The reason outdoor is easier is that we get geared for it faster. I can solo like 10 mobs at once on classic with bwl gear(i'm not a mage)

10+ Year Old Account
    If Classic wasn't meant to be blasted through, how come most of the LFG chatter I see is buying/selling exp runs in specific dungeons for specific level brackets?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    What i really dont get is that he actually comes from an elite mythic raider pov. So whats the deal with making these 3 button specs? I dont get it.

The reason outdoor is easier is that we get geared for it faster. I can solo like 10 mobs at once on classic with bwl gear(i'm not a mage)
    Highest level gear currently available in the Classic game and you're surprised normal mobs are a pushover? come on dude. The power creep in early days of WoW (which is now Classic) was INSANE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    If Classic wasn't meant to be blasted through, how come most of the LFG chatter I see is buying/selling exp runs in specific dungeons for specific level brackets?
    You have your logic backwards, I think.

The reason people are selling, and people are buying exp runs is precisely because the game is not designed to be blasted through. Leveling is a slog in Classic, doing exp runs like this helps speed it up. That's WHY those runs are marketable....because they're desirable.

Try selling exp runs in retail right now (aside from the 110-120 range) when it's precisely designed to be blasted through. You'd get laughed at.

10+ Year Old Account

A lot of specs are more than 3 buttons, but i believe for the most part it is to make it a bit easier on the newer age of gamers, as well as most of the difficulty coming from the encounters themselves. The harder you make the rotation, the harder it is to play well without dying these days, and ends up getting the lower difficulty classes picked more.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Highest level gear currently available in the Classic game and you're surprised normal mobs are a pushover? come on dude. The power creep in early days of WoW (which is now Classic) was INSANE.

- - - Updated - - -

You have your logic backwards, I think.

The reason people are selling, and people are buying exp runs is precisely because the game is not designed to be blasted through. Leveling is a slog in Classic, doing exp runs like this helps speed it up. That's WHY those runs are marketable....because they're desirable.

Try selling exp runs in retail right now (aside from the 110-120 range) when it's precisely designed to be blasted through. You'd get laughed at.
    Nah i think you are highly mistaken what i said and need to read it again. I was responding to a guy complaining that normal mobs are eazy and used to be hard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    A lot of specs are more than 3 buttons, but i believe for the most part it is to make it a bit easier on the newer age of gamers, as well as most of the difficulty coming from the encounters themselves. The harder you make the rotation, the harder it is to play well without dying these days, and ends up getting the lower difficulty classes picked more.
    Nyalotha is the easiest raid(in terms of mechanics) since mop.

And obviously the harder rotation should provide a dps increase(if you do it right). Its only natural

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I kind of wish Ion wouldn't do these kinds of interviews as this thread has already proven most players fail to understand what he's saying. Why bother talking about the real reasons WoW is a challenging game to tackle when you can instead seek meaningless internet high fives from total strangers because you have the supremely unique opinion that modern WoW sucks?

- - - Updated - - -

The irony of this statement being posted by somebody who thinks locking Mythic raid rosters is a good idea is monumentally amusing.
    I've never said that. But you might want to work on your reading comprehension.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    The irony of this comment, is that it IS him that understands it and People like yourself that don't. I mean the Dude literally met his Wife through WoW. I'm pretty damn sure he understands the social aspects of WoW from the point of view of an Introvert. Most People loved WoW because they were introverts and MMO's gave them the chance to reach out to People.
    You're wrong. And him meeting someone thru WoW doesn't prove anything.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

I don’t want to comment separately on each incorrect statement (not every completely, of course, but part of) from interview, bit lazy today (who does really care?). I’d only say that if he really thinks so, his perception is too superficial. Such conclusions can be drawn... well, let it be a teenager. Suppose that he knows where and why he is mistaken, then it's perceived more as a veiled excuse.
    ClassicPeon
    I think one of the incorrect statements he actually made was that its the community's fault that people are being pushed to optimize everything
    Yes, this is actually the first thing that caught my attention, since only recently we talked about it (not literally, but about something that has the same sources/conceptual dependencies, "choice" discussions).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    this is only because system was created in such way (in this order) that it implies such behavior of players in this case.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-05-12 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    I don’t want to comment separately on each incorrect statement (not every completely, of course, but part of) from interview, bit lazy today (who does really care?). I’d only say that if he really thinks so, his perception is too superficial. Such conclusions can be drawn... well, let it be a teenager. Suppose that he knows where and why he is mistaken, then it's perceived more as a veiled excuse.
    I think one of the incorrect statements he actually made was that its the community's fault that people are being pushed to optimize everything when they make stuff like mythic + on a timer and extremely hard to see through systems like essences and azerite traits. Literally noone has any chance to see how good an azerite trait is based on on the azerite gear itself.

Nah i think you are highly mistaken what i said and need to read it again. I was responding to a guy complaining that normal mobs are eazy and used to be hard
    You're right, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    After Warcraft Reforged I am very nervous about any new game coming out of Blizzard that isnt a WoW expansion
    Ironically, your profile pic is of the Rifleman from Reforged.

What this "trend" of re-making older, successful games? Is it lack of ideas for a sequel? Is it a money horse? I find it very boring...

Quote Originally Posted by rlloyd3 View Post
    This recurring idea of WoW being a place people sought out as a tool to talk to strangers is getting now less insane. Not to mention the idea of "no, gamers, you're playing it wrong!" being perhaps the most egotistical thing uttered time after time over the years.
    it kinda is egoistical, but it is egoistical to think that you can go sub optimal button clicking back paddling and still expect that other people will take you in because "it's how you want to play".
    "This is a game so I play how I want to play" then at the same time scorches people for playing fast phased rush type dungeon pushing as it is the "wrong way to play this game". Min maxing is a type of game play style as much as alt leveling is ir being a casual LFR player. WoW is catering for many different players. It's better not to mix the layers up as different expectations lead to conflicts.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can solo 10 mobs on classic with starter gear (I'm a hunter)
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Oh look. Another remastered game. Now Blizzard only needs to make sure that wow generates enough money the next 15-20 years so they again can create remastered versions of remastered games.

Come on Blizzard, give us something new.

I think one of the incorrect statements he actually made was that its the community's fault that people are being pushed to optimize everything when they make stuff like mythic + on a timer and extremely hard to see through systems like essences and azerite traits. Literally noone has any chance to see how good an azerite trait is based on on the azerite gear itself.
    M+ was designed way later than min max started. Classic players are min maxing and is that to blame on m+ ? because demography of the classic players should be massively different to that one of the retail. Or is that how the classic was developed and not the community?
    Min maxing started in vanilla when people decided who were the best dps/healers/tanks. When people found out the most efficient way to farm HK or when people figured out that mc gear is shit and that best priests are dwarfs? Can you blame the devs for players going out of their way to figure stuff out? Look at OSRS players, they have their clients who can mark the exact tiles where they have to stand.
    That is human nature to figure our the most efficient way. Is it the inventors of texting to blame that people don't send physical letters anymore or they fact that it was very inefficient way to communicate and people used electronic communication over the letters? It has it's novelty, but damn that's a slow way to ask "how are the things, bud?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Ditto.

Mythic raid bosses nowadays are at time almost comically complex - I literally sat with spreadsheet on my second screen open for quite a few bosses because you had to execute shit with almost machine precision - Ghuun and N'zoth are probably the biggest offenders there - there is no way to do these bosses on mythic without spreadsheets.

That's the reason why I prefer Destruction in raids - on top of bajillion crap you have to watch/do in Mythic raids, playing piano performance with your spec would be simply way too much.

It's not M+15 or shit like that where you can just turn off your brain and blast.

Quote Originally Posted by sch1ntus View Post
    What this "trend" of re-making older, successful games? Is it lack of ideas for a sequel? Is it a money horse? I find it very boring...
    Its quick money, evne if the game turns out shit. WC3 Reforged was a disaster but generated alot of money. If they halfass it with Diablo2, they will reak in money cause that Diablo game was fairly popular.

Why take a chance on being creative and make something new when you can just polish old turds and sell it?