Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Borderlands 3 Story was horrible to empower woman and sjw

Lets be honest as open minded ad borderlands always seemed the third part was just a horrible mess of trys to somehow make every female look strong and dependable , every male quirky or gay and even robots like Fl4k are turned into Its.

Spoiler : Lets be honest the best part about the game are the side quests because we dont get shown how amazing all the female characters are all the time. the stroy even felt like it was setting up Troy to slowly become a good villain, but then kills him to. show how cool and amazing his sister is.

Which makes it even funnier as the only well written strong female lead Lillith was totally made a sober and useless. But still got her glory moment in the end which was just cringe to watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I mean, by the Borderlands lore established years ago Sirens are only female and the whole story is about said Sirens, so you don't really have much choice.

And don't look at me, I'm a first guy to whine about forced SJW tropes in media, but IMO this wasn't THE case. Sure there are vibes, but overall the story would not make sense otherwise.

There's many reasons why I don't like the story of Borderlands 3 and none of them have to do with the es-jay-dubjas agenda and everything to do with the villains being entirely obnoxious because they're based on streamer stereotypes. In fact Typhon Deleon is just about the only new character introduced that I truly liked.

Nevertheless the gameplay is just an improvement of BL2's already excellent gameplay, and that's ultimately what kept me playing the game for some 250+ hours. While opinions seem split among the community, I also quite liked both the paid DLCs released as well as the ongoing mini-events with new areas, enemies and loot.

I dislike Randy Pitchfork as much as the Jim Sterling, but it won't stop me from playing an excellent game just because it's released by Gearbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well, I mean, by the Borderlands lore established years ago Sirens are only female and the whole story is about said Sirens, so you don't really have much choice.

And don't look at me, I'm a first guy to whine about forced SJW tropes in media, but IMO this wasn't THE case. Sure there are vibes, but overall the story would not make sense otherwise.
    Story literally has a male Sirene in the main cast. Which quickly was thrown away to show how much better the femal counter part is, even so he had much more build up and had actual development through the story.

And also let’s not forget that the other borderlands parts all had a variety of characters which couldn’t be reduced to strong female and quirky males.

The only straight male character near the main cast is a guy walking around in his dirty underwear. Who did nothing for the story.

Where are the Roland’s ? Handsome Jacks ? Krieg ? Zed ? They guy from catch a ride ?

Why is there not such character ? Troy had the potential and was killed to make his sister look good. Hammlock was reduced to being gay instead of a character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Story literally has a male Sirene in the main cast. Which quickly was thrown away to show how much better the femal counter part is, even so he had much more build up and had actual development through the story.

And also let’s not forget that the other borderlands parts all had a variety of characters which couldn’t be reduced to strong female and quirky males.

The only straight male character near the main cast is a guy walking around in his dirty underwear. Who did nothing for the story.

Where are the Roland’s ? Handsome Jacks ? Krieg ? Zed ? They guy from catch a ride ?

Why is there not such character ? Troy had the potential and was killed to make his sister look good. Hammlock was reduced to being gay instead of a character.
    They all died to make room for diversity but isn't Zed in the game as an NPC or am I mixing my Zs and it's Zero that is in BL3?

He was removed so Tannis can take his place as medic. Getting the power from angel while being a total genius wasn’t enough to show how stronk and independent she is

10+ Year Old Account
    Story literally has a male Sirene in the main cast.
    There is a reason for him being what he is - he was basically a conjoined twin with the villain chick, that got separated, but retained Siren power. That's why his whole power was to drain power.

That's the story.

Other than that, I liked the story and it did not make me froth at my mouth because the leading cast was mostly chicks - fite me.

tbf SJW is the smallest worry in the trainwreck that is BL3 storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    tbf SJW is the smallest worry in the trainwreck that is BL3 storytelling.
    I was going to say this. The game can get a bit overbearing with it but that is the least of it's concerns. It's just flat out a poor game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There is a reason for him being what he is - he was basically a conjoined twin with the villain chick, that got separated, but retained Siren power. That's why his whole power was to drain power.

That's the story.

Other than that, I liked the story and it did not make me froth at my mouth because the leading cast was mostly chicks - fite me.
    I am sorry for you

I am sorry for you
    We feel the same way about how triggered you get about a cel-shaded videogame

even robots like Fl4k are turned into Its.
    Wow you're telling me a robot, which is neither a man or woman, is referred to as an "it"? Those damn SJWs.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    The further I got into the story the more cringy it became. I was really really getting annoyed by it. Female leads, sure. Gays? I don't care if there are gays. Lots of female NPC's/enemies, no biggy. But the way BL3 handled it was just bloody annoying and forced.

And the writing, dear god what where they thinking. Apart from the freaking annoying dialogue of the main antagonists, Maya almost made me just uninstall the game at some point.

Once the story was done tho, awesome game. And the DLC's didn't have much of the writing atrocities the base game has. Hell, I even had more laughs in the DLC's than the entire base story mode. The story is also the #1 reason I don't have any alts in the game. In fact, I got a high level FL4K savegame from someone to bypass all that crap, that's how much I hate the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Wow you're telling me a robot, which is neither a man or woman, is referred to as an "it"? Those damn SJWs.
    No , that would be fine. A robot with out gender. But the developer made clear he is genderfluid or something , and Bann everyone who calls him a He on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    There's many reasons why I don't like the story of Borderlands 3 and none of them have to do with the es-jay-dubjas agenda and everything to do with the villains being entirely obnoxious because they're based on streamer stereotypes. In fact Typhon Deleon is just about the only new character introduced that I truly liked.

Nevertheless the gameplay is just an improvement of BL2's already excellent gameplay, and that's ultimately what kept me playing the game for some 250+ hours. While opinions seem split among the community, I also quite liked both the paid DLCs released as well as the ongoing mini-events with new areas, enemies and loot.

I dislike Randy Pitchfork as much as the Jim Sterling, but it won't stop me from playing an excellent game just because it's released by Gearbox.

Having played 105 hours of Presequel, over 600 hours of Bl2 and about 117 hours of BL1, I can say that I think you're crazy for saying the gameplay of BL3 is anywhere close. It feels like Borderlands 1.5 at the most. Boring skills with just "X becomes fire now!" and "Collect X amount of stacks of Y to get Z% damage". It's pre sequel tier for how skills are handled. I couldn't really care less how bad the story was but the gameplay just had me wishing for the game to end so I can step away.

life as an impossibly fragile man must be so difficult, poor thing

Dead, dead, only mentioned in echos, completely absent( really werid, agree on that one) and again, dead.
    3/5 of the characters you mention are dead, they are absent for that very reason, have you played them? I'd rather have them actual dead than still be around like Handsome Jack was for pre-sequel (know he isn't dead thre) and then again the TellTale game as some ghost-robot till you can actually kill him (that game is btw where Scooter dies aswell and where Rhys comes from)

For Troy and being a male siren, sirens are inherently female and he only borrowed those powers from his sister. He isn't an actual siren, but imo it would've made a great twist, betrying his sister for power and such.
    The one thing i really, really didn't like was Ava. You have this brat that has NEVER done ANYTHING in the ENTIRE game and even got people killed, yet everyone is like "atta girl, you show them!". No, she got people killed and the OTHERS apologize to HER?! Wtf, they should fucking barrage her with "WTF WERE YOU THINKING?!"
    Not sure if i agree with "all males being quirky or gay" when literally every character is crazy and there's only 1 gay couple that didn't really make a big deal out of it.

I think it had far weaker writing in general on every part, maybe that's why it stood out to you.

Lets be honest as open minded ad borderlands always seemed the third part was just a horrible mess of trys to somehow make every female look strong and dependable , every male quirky or gay and even robots like Fl4k are turned into Its.

Spoiler : Lets be honest the best part about the game are the side quests because we dont get shown how amazing all the female characters are all the time. the stroy even felt like it was setting up Troy to slowly become a good villain, but then kills him to. show how cool and amazing his sister is.

Which makes it even funnier as the only well written strong female lead Lillith was totally made a sober and useless. But still got her glory moment in the end which was just cringe to watch
    The only cringe is this line of thinking...
    I assume alien is bad also, because it empower Riley and in second instalment even a little girl.

You obviously did not mention that Troy is going on a mad power trip and if not because of us, he would devour his sister? But we killed him before that.

Are you seriously so insecure about gay people and potrayal of women in media?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    The only cringe is this line of thinking...
    I assume alien is bad also, because it empower Riley and in second instalment even a little girl.

You obviously did not mention that Troy is going on a mad power trip and if not because of us, he would devour his sister? But we killed him before that.

Are you seriously so insecure about gay people and potrayal of women in media?
    Alright , can you really say. And now ignore being a simp/ white knight for a moment and try to be objective.

Can you say that in borderlands 3 , female characters and gay / Bi / some made up stuff weren’t pushed to attention In really high amounts? To the point were it sometimes felt that they had a sign around their neck so you don’t forget ? That the story wouldn’t be better if .... well it wouldn’t be mentioned at all and rather focused on other character traits ?

Tiny Tina side quest went from showing her back story in borderlands 2 and why she is messed up to 20 minutes of how she had a gay lover and why it didn’t work in borderlands 3.

And yes Troy was going on a power trip, it’s called character development. Getting out of the shadow of his sister for the first time in his life and feeling not dependent on her.

While she was just always powerful, has millions of people loving her for no reason and she can predict almost everything.

poor widdle babby needs some masculinity to suck on in order to wash away the taste of a female character in his video game