Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

tcg spectral swift tiger...

...is this for real or some joke...wtf!?!...

[IMG][/IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    The last time those got printed was in tbc and even back then they were rare, obviously they sell for that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...is this for real or some joke...wtf!?!...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Theres a reason the blue one goes for gold cap and the epic one goes for 1.5-2x gold cap

I mean cool, but, also who cares? So long as you aren't manipulating the market something is worth what people will pay. If someone wants to pay three grand for pixels more power to them.

That mount would lose all its coolness if everyone had it.

I feel kinda sad that I didn't buy them when I had a chance in Cataclysm... They were dupped on my realm and were for like ~120k gold max.

3600 dollars for a virtual mount, some people really have money to waste.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I feel kinda sad that I didn't buy them when I had a chance in Cataclysm... They were dupped on my realm and were for like ~120k gold max.
    They would have probably removed it from you... without any compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    I wish someone finds out a dupe-method and fills up the auction houses with cheap ones, I love the look of it.
    Dupes don't actually work as usable items. They can't even posted to the AH as far as I know, only traded and once it's traded it disappears from your bag and you just get scammed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You just would have been scammed. Dupes are easily noticed and removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just as ugly as my spectral horse I got in TB during cata. Hilarious if someone actually sells for that amount.

You know what the only tcg that ever impressed me was the rooster, now that's a badass mount lol.

I rather Swift Zulian Tiger over Spectral swift tiger. I used to think that magic rooster was all cool and laying golden egg. Turn out it doesn't lay golden eggs or any fancy. It's just for looks i guess. Besides, this spectral swift tiger mount already has lost it coolness.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-05-12 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    I wish someone finds out a dupe-method and fills up the auction houses with cheap ones, I love the look of it.
    you could get all the tcg mounts cheap in WoD. im pretty sure there was duping. i bought a rooster for 200k back then. should have got the spectral tiger for the same thing i guess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    3600 dollars for a virtual mount, some people really have money to waste.
    i mean, people pay thousands of dollars for champagne. its lots of things.

All good. Even though i do think spectral tiger no longer looks good as of cataclysm.

Pre cata

Post cata

I think wow classic also has post cata effects, sadly ((

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    When the TCG expansion was first released, a gaming store I frequented had one of those cards and held a raffle. Out of some sheer luck, I managed to win the card, used it and got the tigers. Only to find out a week later they were selling on ebay for $800-1000. At the time I kicked myself for not selling it.

Only TCG mount I've managed to grab was a Wooly White Rhino during late WoD when cash was really flowing. Got it for a mere ~750k from the auction house. It's definitely cool in that it's the only available mount with a rhino model, but it's also a rhino model from WotLK, so it looks hopelessly outdated by now.

And frankly that's my main issue with a lot of TCG mounts. TCG trading cards have been discontinued for a long time by now, so most of the TCG mounts use very outdated models which makes otherwise cool mounts look very subpar. They may have been very cool at the time of introduction, but in my opinion, that no longer remains the case.

The spectral tiger's actually an excellent example of this. Sure, it may have been the best way to do a "spectral" mount at the time of introduction, but compared to the Spectral Pterrorwing, the spectral tiger just doesn't hold up.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by dafuq View Post
    That mount would lose all its coolness if everyone had it.
    It lost all its coolness years ago lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i mean, people pay thousands of dollars for champagne. its lots of things.
    inb4 champagne is a tangible product
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I mean cool, but, also who cares? So long as you aren't manipulating the market something is worth what people will pay. If someone wants to pay three grand for pixels more power to them.
    I mean, if I had loads of cash and a desire to deversify out of MTG I'd buy all of the mount code cards I could, they are only going to increase in value until the game goes offline.

Someone should send him a link to some expensive magic cards. Those dont even have virtual rewards in a mmo either.

Some of those are actually selling for more than I paid for my house when graded.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/5/182...-auction-price
    Last edited by Playintrafic; 2020-05-11 at 09:47 PM.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Its just as ugly as my spectral horse I got in TB during cata. Hilarious if someone actually sells for that amount.

You know what the only tcg that ever impressed me was the rooster, now that's a badass mount lol.
    It could literally be a potato and people would buy it - its the rarity that creates the value, nothing more.

I mean this isn't even new...

Right now the current mount mythic mount sells for 9million gold. That is roughly 1700$ us and I know some people we sold it to used tokens to buy it.

Players care far more about rare cosmetics then they do powerful gear.

Mine only cost me the $5.99 or what ever the card packs were selling for back in the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I mean this isn't even new...

Right now the current mount mythic mount sells for 9million gold. That is roughly 1700$ us and I know some people we sold it to used tokens to buy it.

Players care far more about rare cosmetics then they do powerful gear.
    Saw a small ammo pouch on the AH yesterday for 10M gold. I know someone will buy it.