Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Mine only cost me the $5.99 or what ever the card packs were selling for back in the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw a small ammo pouch on the AH yesterday for 10M gold. I know someone will buy it.
    If it showed up on your character and was the only one like it... could happen i think those fire swords still go for 5 mil

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    It lost all its coolness years ago lol

- - - Updated - - -

inb4 champagne is a tangible product
    inb4 when you drink it its gone

hey, im not saying id pay that kind of cash for one, but people pay lots of money for all sorts of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    If it showed up on your character and was the only one like it... could happen i think those fire swords still go for 5 mil
    Pretty sure ammo pouches, which are useless now, did not show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...is this for real or some joke...wtf!?!...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Yep, when people say the game whent to shit when they added "pay to win" in wotlk with the celestial steed, i always point to the TCG and collectors editions, which were added in vanilla.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought both these mounts in WOD for around 200k-250k gold each off the AH. Was expensive at the time but a real steal now.

If it makes you feel better I accidentally sold one of those for 699 gold.

Then I have no idea what moronic point you were trying to make...

People really enjoy cosmetics we can easily see them paying millions of gold for rare transmogs.

Do you simply post nonsense for attention? It puts a lot of things into perspective actually if that is the case.
    Last edited by Laughingjack; 2020-05-11 at 11:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Silversorrow View Post
    I bought both these mounts in WOD for around 200k-250k gold each off the AH. Was expensive at the time but a real steal now.
    I got them around the same time, I believe for similar price.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I mean this isn't even new...

Right now the current mount mythic mount sells for 9million gold. That is roughly 1700$ us and I know some people we sold it to used tokens to buy it.

Players care far more about rare cosmetics then they do powerful gear.
    Because "powerful gear" stays powerful only till next patch, at best two patches. It's disposable.
    (and it has always been like this)

the reason its "Selling" for 10 mil is cause you cant get them anymore, its a collectors item.

also just cause its on for 10 mil does not mean it sells for 10 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the reason its "Selling" for 10 mil is cause you cant get them anymore, its a collectors item.

also just cause its on for 10 mil does not mean it sells for 10 mil.
    I know in both cases. But it's pretty dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    I rather Swift Zulian Tiger over Spectral swift tiger. I used to think that magic rooster was all cool and laying golden egg. Turn out it doesn't lay golden eggs or any fancy. It's just for looks i guess. Besides, this spectral swift tiger mount already has lost it coolness.
    This. The Zulian tiger is where its at. Man do I want that mount, to a point where I would even think about BMAH...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Yep.
    There are people stupid (or maybe rich?) enough to pay a few thousands of dollars for slighlty more unique pixels in game.
    Spectral Tiger looks so awful and outdated anyway.
    I do not understand it either.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i mean, people pay thousands of dollars for champagne. its lots of things.
    Yes it is stupid too but atleast you got something REAL instead dogshit ingame mount.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yep, when people say the game whent to shit when they added "pay to win" in wotlk with the celestial steed, i always point to the TCG and collectors editions, which were added in vanilla.
    Ey... do i have to respond to you about this non-sense argument again?...
    This mount is ridiculously overpriced now only because the supply is very, very limited and shady since it is not official Blizzard site. It is problem with people being stupid willing to pay these amounts of money not the game itself.
    When you were collecting TCG it was just a bonus card that is no longer available. You got exactly same shit with baseball cards or orther weird things that people tend to collect. Something is uniqe and very rare = high price. That's simple i guess and is totally different than current in-game shop with UNLIMITED supply.
    Personally i hate both sources of mounts.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Yep.
    There are people stupid (or maybe rich?) enough to pay a few thousands of dollars for slighlty more unique pixels in game.
    Spectral Tiger looks so awful and outdated anyway.
    I do not understand it either.
    So because you don't understand it, those people must be stupid?

Yes it is stupid too but atleast you got something REAL instead dogshit ingame mount.
    And there you are again, calling people stupid...

Ey... do i have to respond to you about this non-sense argument again?...
    And yet his point makes perfect sense.

This mount is ridiculously overpriced now only because the supply is very, very limited and shady since it is not official Blizzard site.
    Dude, that site has been around for almost as long as WoW itself. There is nothing shady about it at all.

It is problem with people being stupid willing to pay these amounts of money not the game itself.
    There you go AGAIN with calling people stupid. This seems to be a real issue for you...

And sorry, but I am not seeing any problem here. If some people out there want to spend that kind of money on some pixels in a game, where's the harm? How does it negatively impact the game. If anything it adds to the game.

Something is uniqe and very rare = high price. That's simple i guess and is totally different than current in-game shop with UNLIMITED supply.
    There are differences, sure. But there are also similarities. And that's the pertinent issue here, that, in principle they are the same thing, just of a different magnitude.

Personally i hate both sources of mounts.
    Yeah, we get that. But just because you hate something doesn't make it bad.

The fact that some people like being able to buy a unique mount on the shop - either for themselves or as a gift to another player - makes the game better for those people. For serious mount collectors, these things mean more to collect, which makes the game better for those people.

Maybe what you need is just to learn to be a bit more tolerant of things that don't affect you. Deciding to hate something like this just seems....well I don't want to start sounding like you now, do I?

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Dupes don't actually work as usable items. They can't even posted to the AH as far as I know, only traded and once it's traded it disappears from your bag and you just get scammed.

- - - Updated - - -

You just would have been scammed. Dupes are easily noticed and removed.
    Not quite correct, there was a dupe that used to work in wow. The crimson death charger (from shadowmourne quest line) was successfully duped on many server and sold on the ah. Ngl, when I did my quest line I sold the original mount. When I saw that thing for 20k (I think?) I bought it outright, there were literally dozens of pages of the mount on sale. Still have it to this day

As for the spectral tiger. That thing was selling £700 during wrath, its only natural its increased in value.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    So because you don't understand it, those people must be stupid?
    People rather to spend huge amounts of money for ingame shit.
    Yes - it is tremedlously stupid since 4k dollars could help several people in need around if that person really has no idea what to do money.

And there you are again, calling people stupid...
    And i always will. I'd rather to use even 'other' words here but i do not want warnings or ban on this forum.

And yet his point makes perfect sense.
    You have no idea about my and @FelPlague posts history so hold your words.
    We do not agree much but i still have huge respect and think he is one of the coolest people in this forum too.

Dude, that site has been around for almost as long as WoW itself. There is nothing shady about it at all.
    'Almost' makes a huge difference.
    Now go and make post on official WoW forum or an in-game ticket to GM if it is cool to buy these codes.
    Make screenshot and post it here.
    I am very curious what Blizzard is going to say.

There you go AGAIN with calling people stupid. This seems to be a real issue for you...
    I am calling general idea about buying in-game stuff stupid.
    I do not call any particular person stupid.
    Anyway if you have problem with that you can always use report button around my posts.

And sorry, but I am not seeing any problem here. If some people out there want to spend that kind of money on some pixels in a game, where's the harm? How does it negatively impact the game. If anything it adds to the game.
    That is your opinion and i am fine with it.

There are differences, sure. But there are also similarities. And that's the pertinent issue here, that, in principle they are the same thing, just of a different magnitude.
    'There are differences' and then 'they are same thing' - that makes sense.

Yeah, we get that. But just because you hate something doesn't make it bad.

The fact that some people like being able to buy a unique mount on the shop - either for themselves or as a gift to another player - makes the game better for those people. For serious mount collectors, these things mean more to collect, which makes the game better for those people.

Maybe what you need is just to learn to be a bit more tolerant of things that don't affect you. Deciding to hate something like this just seems....well I don't want to start sounding like you now, do I?
    I already stopped replying to you and sentences like these in other thread after you said 'my brother was GM for 7 years so i know it better' or something like that.
    Let me finish it also here...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2020-05-13 at 02:04 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilo View Post
    My god this is cringeworthy to read, "Imma call this guy out with a bunch of quotes, thatll show him not to voice his negative opinion about this thing im (probably) invested in"
    You're completely off base. I just read his "contribution" and found it be trite. If anything, I am interested to see if he'll be able to respond to the points I made, or whether he'll be predictable and just spew more of the same.

If he thinks only stupid people would pay 5 grand for a mount, then he is equally allowed to think, and voice, that as you are to think, and voice, that its reasonable.
    Except that I made my points without being condescending towards everyone who doesn't share my viewpoint.

If you want to call out that he is calling people 'stupid' then ill call out that you used 'we get that', as if you speak for more than yourself. Utterly irrelevant to the topic, but sure let's tunnel vision on winning an important online argument, right?
    False equivalence ftw!

A lot of people bought the "Im rich" app when that originally came out on app stores, for 999 dollars at the time. An app that does nothing except show that you can afford it. Not really all that much difference in their level of stupidity to this level of stupidity. Where was the harm in that? Well a lot of kids bought it with daddys credit card to show off for one, but let's ignore things like that. I, for one, miss the old snakeoil salesmen. Where was the harm? Everyone knew it was fake! They bought it knowingly! Boy o boy, truly can't wait for my goop vagina scented candle to arrive!
    Again with the false equivalences.

Unlike the "I'm rich app", the tiger is a collectible item, like a rare stamp, or coin, or a piece of art. It's value has to do with its rarity. Yes, I can agree that a big part of the appeal for collectors is prestige, but that's certainly not all that it's about.

And unlike snake oil, this item doesn't pretend to be something that it isn't.

Also, I wasn't saying that it can't be stupid to buy such a mount for $4K. Certainly it would stupid for me (and most people I know) to spend that kind of money on it given my personal circumstances. But there are people out there who have enough money that to spend it on such a thing would be trivial.

So again, where's the harm?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    They would have probably removed it from you... without any compensation.
    Hard to tell. I bought many mounts (though not the spectral tiger mounts) during that time for basically nothing and I still have all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Dupes don't actually work as usable items. They can't even posted to the AH as far as I know, only traded and once it's traded it disappears from your bag and you just get scammed.

- - - Updated - - -

You just would have been scammed. Dupes are easily noticed and removed.
    The blue Spectral was under 200k on AREA 52 during Wod....on the AH. We bought several to say the least....4 of us learned them. Sold 2 so far during BFA for 9,999,999 and still have a few.

https://gyazo.com/51e11d3a37b6c0fb139f7a557d032a11
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...is this for real or some joke...wtf!?!...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Like a year into me playing, so sometime during ICC, I looked it up out of curiousity and it was already ~$2400. Surprised it's not higher, I guess, but I suppose much of the market that was going to pay into that much cash already has done so in 10 years, so I guess that's about where I'd expect it.

For scale, that means the "cash value" of the SST right now is about 4x that of the Longboi.