Shadowlands, can my rig run it?

Hello everyone, as the title suggests, i am pretty clueless if my rig can run shadowlands or i have to make some upgrades.
    Specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
    GC: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 ti
    RAM:8GB (the ram is enough i know that much xD)
    Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll run it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be fine. You won't run it at 4k on 10 settings, but 1080p on somewhere between 1 and 5 should be fine.

Does the site "Can I run it?" give accurate results?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Does the site "Can I run it?" give accurate results?
    If I found the right one (https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri ?) then the recommended/minimum specs seem fine, but I'm not about to download their tool to check that out. Get something like HWiNFO or GPUz/CPUz instead

Time for an upgrade. It'll "run" it but not much more. I had similar specs but processor was 2nd gen 3.4ghz i5 and an R9 270X. It would run but every now and again my computer would miss something. One example was first boss in Uldir. I would always die when the platform drop down so I had to compromise and use an ability that you would use when falling so you wouldn't die. No one else knew what I was talking about as they had better PCs. This will be you. Don't be that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Thanks each and everyone of u for ur answers!
    The site u suggested had negative results, meaning my pc cant run it, sadly.
    But u guys are right, it is time for an upgrade to CPU, GPU.
    Have a good day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, shadowlands will feature 'dynamic resolution', right? Wouldnt that mean it'll adjust your settings accordingly to keep the fps at an desirable rate?

Meaning it could look like crap at some point if your rig isn't up to a certain level, but at least you won't have 5fps moments either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Meaning it could look like crap at some point if your rig isn't up to a certain level, but at least you won't have 5fps moments either.
    There is no hardware on this planet that counters the exponential message growth with large scale MMO events. You have to drop some major MMO features to avoid the technically infeasible problems.

You have to crush the multiplayer part of the game and have to divide the playerbase into fake small scale or even solo-game modes to avoid any real interaction. If you experience the fps drops/server lags, you experience real player interaction, everything else is just fake solo-games with a chatbox.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Time for an upgrade. It'll "run" it but not much more. I had similar specs but processor was 2nd gen 3.4ghz i5 and an R9 270X. It would run but every now and again my computer would miss something. One example was first boss in Uldir. I would always die when the platform drop down so I had to compromise and use an ability that you would use when falling so you wouldn't die. No one else knew what I was talking about as they had better PCs. This will be you. Don't be that guy.
    That sounds like an issue with your computer specifically, not the specs. Also, that system is -significantly- older and less powerful than his.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearnor View Post
    The site u suggested had negative results, meaning my pc cant run it, sadly.
    I never trust that website, since it's based on selling stuff. ANd also, it's very, very, very often wrong.

But u guys are right, it is time for an upgrade to CPU, GPU.
    You really don't.

I have two systems that both are lower specced than yours and they run BFA just fine at medium settings and get good frames. Your system will be fine. Shadowlands isn't going to be like 400% more demanding or anything. You do not need to upgrade to play it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    That sounds like an issue with your computer specifically, not the specs. Also, that system is -significantly- older and less powerful than his.

I never trust that website, since it's based on selling stuff. ANd also, it's very, very, very often wrong.

You really don't.

I have two systems that both are lower specced than yours and they run BFA just fine at medium settings and get good frames. Your system will be fine. Shadowlands isn't going to be like 400% more demanding or anything. You do not need to upgrade to play it.
    U convinced me, ur points are valid and u have helped in the past when i had some issues with my pc, so i won't try to upgrade it at all, thanks a lot have a good day

run it? yes, what kind of content you will do without problems at 5 or 4 settings?
    wq and open world content/solo content(including torghast)? yes
    arenas? yes
    small bgs? yes
    big bgs? maybe not or with really low fps/lowering settings a lot more
    raids? same as big bgs if you do it in mythic or hc/normal with more than 12 people
    m+? no problem
    my advise will be due to the small amount of ram you have, cut all not needed programs/services in background and use a explorer with 2 o 3 tabs max when playing wow.
    Wow have the habit of not releasing unused memory (memory leakage) meaning that if you change between various zones and dungeons the game fails to delete that data from the ram and keep it loaded until you close the game ,reducing your available ram and even needing to reach virtual memory seriously decreasing performance. also cheap upgrade, get an ssd if you dont have one already and put the system and wow on it( wont give fps but is a great quality of life improvement)
    Last edited by azkhane; 2020-05-13 at 06:04 PM.

CPU and GPU should run Shadowlands fine at low to medium settings. Would worry about driver support in the future though.

8 gigs of ram may be enough for WoW, but I still feel that 16 gigs just makes for a much more pleasant gaming experience especially if you have web browsers up while playing. Ram is like the only component that isn’t overpriced due to the pandemic, so if you had to extra cash you could upgrade to 16 gigs. Unless if you are waiting for DDR5 and for the pandemic to slow down to build a brand new system.

Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    run it? yes, what kind of content you will do without problems at 5 or 4 settings?
    wq and open world content/solo content(including torghast)? yes
    arenas? yes
    small bgs? yes
    big bgs? maybe not or with really low fps/lowering settings a lot more
    raids? same as big bgs if you do it in mythic or hc/normal with more than 12 people
    m+? no problem
    my advise will be due to the small amount of ram you have, cut all not needed programs/services in background and use a explorer with 2 o 3 tabs max when playing wow.
    Wow have the habit of not releasing unused memory (memory leakage) meaning that if you change between various zones and dungeons the game fails to delete that data from the ram and keep it loaded until you close the game ,reducing your available ram and even needing to reach virtual memory seriously decreasing performance. also cheap upgrade, get an ssd if you dont have one already and put the system and wow on it( wont give fps but is a great quality of life improvement)
    There is the option to have different settings for open world and raid content and i am using it already, i wont have much of an issue hopefully, as for the ram usage, i will just exit the game and log back in, thanks for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    CPU and GPU should run Shadowlands fine at low to medium settings. Would worry about driver support in the future though.

8 gigs of ram may be enough for WoW, but I still feel that 16 gigs just makes for a much more pleasant gaming experience especially if you have web browsers up while playing. Ram is like the only component that isn’t overpriced due to the pandemic, so if you had to extra cash you could upgrade to 16 gigs. Unless if you are waiting for DDR5 and for the pandemic to slow down to build a brand new system.
    I will wait to make a brand new system, it might take a few more months than just upgrading some parts but it will be better overall, thanks for the reply!