Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I thought the artstyle was perfectly fine.

All D3 needed was more content and more classes, like the Druid. So I'm happy D4 is finally including a shapeshifting class as well as more MMO like features.

Diablo 4 is heading in the direction I want this franchise to go, with mounts, world pvp, world bosses and hub towns with other players.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The artstyle was fine, the biggest issue was, that when D3 was finally released it already looked old and dated.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I agree OP. D3's art style I think was so good that I didn't really see anyone mentioning it that much as a positive or negative. It just kinda hit the Diablo franchise so perfectly.

I'm not a huge fan of muddy or gritty-looking games but I doubt they'll stray too far in D4. What we've seen is pretty close to D3, just slightly smoother and with an earthier look. I'm sure there'll be some different environments as well.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Art style was good, just not what I would prefer for a Diablo game.

I don't dislike D3's artstyle, but I prefer D2's less cartoony and more gothic artstyle over D3.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The artstyle was fine, the biggest issue was, that when D3 was finally released it already looked old and dated.
    Agree with this. Animations and spell effects were all good, colors were a little bit too saturated but in the end it wasn't bad.

However 3d models and textures were already old when the game came out. D4 looks definitely improved on this.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Agree with this. Animations and spell effects were all good, colors were a little bit too saturated but in the end it wasn't bad.

However 3d models and textures were already old when the game came out. D4 looks definitely improved on this.
    Yeah the spells were way too colourful compared to the rest of the game which was brown, brown, brown and grey.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yeah the spells were way too colourful compared to the rest of the game which was brown, brown, brown and grey.
    Basically XD i like much more what i see about D4 anyway. It doesn't need to be over the top with anything, and dull colors really help on conveying the feeling of a world in ruin, where humanity has been left on itself after Heaven and Hell battled for Sanctuary.

Remeber: lore-wise, humanity is just a tool for Hell and an abomination for Heaven. No one wants us, and we are a threat for both. We're not special, we're a dangerous plague and both parties would agree on getting rid of us. That's the setting, it's depressing and bleak. There are ones that stand above these menaces, but most people is just on the brink of death if any relatively powerful demon or angel decides to wipe out a portion of or world.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    D3 looked great, I loved the oil painting come to life esthetic. I also think D2 looks great too, still does for the most part.

I don't think the D3 wasn't "dark" enough argument really holds much water.
    The main argument seems to center around the removal of a light radius, which created hard to see corners. Most players at the time defeated this darkness with higher brightness levels and many just defeated the purpose with maphacks. Mainly the "darkness" seems like an empty criticism when that ambiance is enjoyed once, the first time you go through an area, then completely ignored or bypassed when doing a Trav run for the thousandth time.
    I hadn't even considered the light radius thing. You're right, it is an empty criticism.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

the art style is very good, colourful and clean.
    The only downside of this is that it broke the codes of the license. And this was very good in a sense because it brought it to a larger audience! They then took the right step with the expansion to get it closer to a darkest theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    The art style was fine on its own, but it didn't feel fitting.

The armor looked pretty low budget. None of the characters looks blew me away. Enemies and background I thought were ok

Yes, no one else in the world liked the D3 graphics, only you.

d3 had rather shitty graphics

and the art style overall wasn't dark enough

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I preferred the D3/Torchlight style art to the D1/D2/PoE/etc style, D4 doesn't look as good to me due to the two steps backwards.

D3 art style is fine to me.

you are not man! But earlier versions were good also, kinda romantic

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    I liked D1 graphics (thought there was nothing much to love honestly, it was pretty much cathdral -> caves -> hell, and it all went for a realistic look in town.

I hated D2 graphics at first because they felt so...muddy. Even for the time, everything felt way too pixelated, but the environments were varied, which was great. The size and details of some of the buildings was also impressive.

D3 blew me away. From the non vertical environments, to the colors and lighting and vistas, I thought it was a fantastic mix of horrific and beautiful scenery, it displayed Sanctuary in more than just dark and grey emo appearance.

I hope they don't go the way of super edgy mode with D4, it would be a shame to D3's talented art team.
    art style was great but not the colors and the lightning, its why we hated the game for this

at one time they tryied to make the game lesser colorful but it was a fail

hopefully, d4 team is more aware of that

Diablo is not candyland, it is a gore game with shredded body , blood and violence everywhere ffs !

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    art style was great but not the colors and the lightning, its why we hated the game for this

at one time they tryied to make the game lesser colorful but it was a fail

hopefully, d4 team is more aware of that

Diablo is not candyland, it is a gore game with shredded body , blood and violence everywhere ffs !
    Diablo 3 was full of blood, violence and bloody shit, but it also had more chill environments. I loved the first act and the fall scenery + waters running.
    Act 3 (all the way to hell) and Westmarch were a stark contrast.

Act 1 was an amazing adventure from crypts to a dark castle delve. Other acts were fine but the game had too much color for the diablo franchise. What was worse is the abilities when tweaked are suddenly overly blue or red. It was almost like I was playing a Torchlight game instead of Diablo. Lastly, the Diablo model in D3 is so far my least favorite. D4 is hitting a direction back to D1-2 style based on what we've seen on the environment and the UI alone.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.