Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Now that Exile's Path is the new canon starting area for character in SL

is it time to remove the "lore" gate for goblin and worgen monks?

Nope.

I hope Blizzard realizes that because I really want to play goblin monk and the current reason why they (and worgen and LFD) can't be monks is stupid anyway.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Problem is that you can still chose to start in Gilneas or Kezan if you want to.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Problem is that you can still chose to start in Gilneas or Kezan if you want to.
    easily fixable by forcing goblin/worgen monks to start in exiles

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    easily fixable by forcing goblin/worgen monks to start in exiles
    more easily fixed by not letting them be monks. i dont think we will be seeing new race/class combinations anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Nope.

I hope Blizzard realizes that because I really want to play goblin monk and the current reason why they (and worgen and LFD) can't be monks is stupid anyway.
    I don’t know. The reason seems decent. Monks are supposed to be about serene nature and balance with life and the care for those around them. The greediness of Goblins, the savage nature of the Worgen, and the zealotry of the LFD seems to go against that. I would argue Forsaken should be banned as well, but as they used to be Human based, it seems like they could come to that as well.
    That stated, as I get older and think some combinations would just be cool to have, I wouldn’t be opposed to just opening every race to every class. Back when I played Alliance I thought a Worgen monk slashing at enemies with their flaws instead of weapons sounded amazing (it still does sound amazing). I just happen to think Blizzard actually has a decent reasoning for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I don’t know. The reason seems decent. Monks are supposed to be about serene nature and balance with life and the care for those around them. The greediness of Goblins, the savage nature of the Worgen, and the zealotry of the LFD seems to go against that. I would argue Forsaken should be banned as well, but as they used to be Human based, it seems like they could come to that as well.
    That stated, as I get older and think some combinations would just be cool to have, I wouldn’t be opposed to just opening every race to every class. Back when I played Alliance I thought a Worgen monk slashing at enemies with their flaws instead of weapons sounded amazing (it still does sound amazing). I just happen to think Blizzard actually has a decent reasoning for this one.
    I can't speak for goblin', but the more I personally think about it, Worgen are the perfect candidate to become a monk. Why? Exactly because of their ferocious nature and the struggle for self control and peace. Being a monk is about conquoring your inner self and create inner peace, story wise, it would make perfect sense if Worgen used the path of the Monk, not only to fight with fang and claw, but also to help them remain in control of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    I can't speak for goblin', but the more I personally think about it, Worgen are the perfect candidate to become a monk. Why? Exactly because of their ferocious nature and the struggle for self control and peace. Being a monk is about conquoring your inner self and create inner peace, story wise, it would make perfect sense if Worgen used the path of the Monk, not only to fight with fang and claw, but also to help them remain in control of themselves.
    The thing is, they embrace the inner feralness to become Worgen. To then try and harness balance and serenity with a feral nature seems to counter each other. As stated, I’m not saying I’m against it or Blizzard couldn’t write something in to allow it, just that as it stands now they have their reasoning and it’s not dumb like the quote I responded to states.

The thing is, they embrace the inner feralness to become Worgen. To then try and harness balance and serenity with a feral nature seems to counter each other. As stated, I’m not saying I’m against it or Blizzard couldn’t write something in to allow it, just that as it stands now they have their reasoning and it’s not dumb like the quote I responded to states.
    I don't think they universaly embrace their inner feral beings to become Worgen. As seen in the heritage armor quests, there's a lot more going on, on a more individual level. Not every Gilnean is happy to be a dangerous, feral beast. Sure, some might embrace their inner feralness, but I am 100% sure there are those that want to do their best to tame it and find peace with it instead.

Goblins should not even be shamans. Everything nature or “peace” related should be forbidden for them. Mechanical totems, lol, give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Goblins should not even be shamans. Everything nature or “peace” related should be forbidden for them. Mechanical totems, lol, give me a break.
    Excuse me. You will pry my goblin shaman from my cold dead hands.

Frankly, the whole mess about what race and class combos we can pick should have died the day they let Night Elves be mages.

Their whole schtick was "Don't touch the magic, we don't want to end up like the evil Highborne!" Then Cata rolled around and they were all "Oh, we can make fire and freeze people now. Neat."

Let anyone be anything. Let Gnomes turn into housecats, bear cubs and baby Groots. Fuck it.

Goblin shamans are hiarious, "Dude LMAO I paid the spirits to work for me".

Think of the possibilities.
    Dude, I paid illidan to make me a demon hunter
    Dude, I paid the light to work for me
    Dude, I paid xuen to teach me to kick
    Dude, I paid Cenarius to make me a bear

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Excuse me. You will pry my goblin shaman from my cold dead hands.
    I don’t have any goblin toon I really don’t like them at all. Goblins and standard trolls are horrible imho. But apart from this goblin shamans make little sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Frankly, the whole mess about what race and class combos we can pick should have died the day they let Night Elves be mages.

Their whole schtick was "Don't touch the magic, we don't want to end up like the evil Highborne!" Then Cata rolled around and they were all "Oh, we can make fire and freeze people now. Neat."

Let anyone be anything. Let Gnomes turn into housecats, bear cubs and baby Groots. Fuck it.
    Yeah I would have been far more strict with races/classes combos but now it’s really too late, too many nonsense combos already.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I don’t have any goblin toon I really don’t like them at all. Goblins and standard trolls are horrible imho. But apart from this goblin shamans make little sense.
    Oh it doesn't make sense whatsoever. But I do love me some mechanical totems.

Monks should just be deleted from WoW imo

Wow, did you really just try to find lore reason for something that is 100% gameplay dictated?

Savage nature of worgen? They are a race that's all about finding balance between the beast and the human, look up their entire "drink from the well of tranquility" quest line... They are one of the best candidates for monk class storywise.

They slapped monks literally on ever race without any explanation other than "Pandas taught them". Nightborne shouldn't give a damn about monks they are arogant and have weak physics. Undead and balance? Clumsy Tauren and Dreanei and their hooves doing rolls and somersaults? Proud Zandalari who are historically great enemies of Pandas suddenly start following their teachings for no reason?

If you want to be picky, hardly any race makes sense for monks, but their entire philosophy is about reaching everyone who wants to embrace it.

Yeah goblins are greedy so they shouldn't be priests either. Or shamans. Oh wait, they came out with half assed "reasons" for these, because goblins needed some class diversity. They were bigger lore stretches than goblin monks too.

5+ Year Old Account
    There is literately a goblin monk in the order hall so yes

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    more easily fixed by not letting them be monks. i dont think we will be seeing new race/class combinations anytime soon.
    no?no new race/class combinations,no new hero classes...what is this shit?for what pay then?xd,for farm reputation?it is stupid...i dont buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    no?no new race/class combinations,no new hero classes...what is this shit?for what pay then?xd,for farm reputation?it is stupid...i dont buy it
    Goodbye then, I guess.