View Poll Results: Which Covenant will you pick?

Voters
67. This poll is closed
  • Kyrian

22 32.84%
  • Venthyr

17 25.37%
  • Necrolord

2 2.99%
  • Nightfae

7 10.45%
  • Undecided, I'm derped

19 28.36%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Ret Paladins - Which Covenant are you rolling with?

My fellow Rets, the time has come to discuss which Covenant will you be choosing and Why?

Right now I'm leaning towards Venthyr, cause we get the door of shadows so a teleport to help with our lack of mobility in PvP but also Ashen Hallow could be pretty decent if well placed. Although I like the sound of the Nercolord Vanquishing hammer and that it's a short cooldown but the fleshcraft channelling shield sounds terrible.

Also we all know Venthyr got the best plate armor without a doubt :P
    Divine Toll (Kyrian) - Instantly cast Holy Shock, Avenger's Shield, or Judgment on up to 5 targets within 30 yds (based on your current specialization).

Vanquisher's Hammer (Necrolord) - Throws a hammer at your target dealing [ 80% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage and empowering your next Word of Glory or Templar’s Verdict:

Retribution: Templar’s Verdict automatically triggers Divine Storm.

Blessing of the Seasons (Night Fae) - Bless your party members with the aspect of one of the seasons, lasting 1 minute or until you advance to the next season. 15 second cooldown.

Blessing of Summer - Bless your nearby party members for 60 sec, causing their attacks to have a high chance to deal [ 100% of Spell Power ] Holy damage. Turns to Autumn after use.
    Blessing of Autumn - Bless your nearby party members for 60 sec, causing their cooldowns to recover 10% faster. Turns to Winter after use.
    Blessing of Winter - Bless yourself for 60 sec, reducing the movement speed of enemies within 40 yards by 20%, and their attack speed by 10%. Turns to Spring after use.
    Blessing of Spring - Bless your nearby party members for 60 sec, increasing their healing done and healing received by 10%. Turns to Summer after use.

Ashen Hallow (Venthyr) - Hallow the target area for 30 sec. Every 2 sec, an enemy in the area suffers [ 150% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage, and an ally in the area is healed for [ 160% of Spell Power ]. Within the Hallow, you may use Hammer of Wrath on any target.

Abilities that will come with each Covenant:

Kyrian: Summon Steward Call your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity that can be consumed to restore 15% of your health and remove all Curse, Disease, Poison, and Bleed Effects. Your Steward additionally offers access to a selection of useful amenities, each once per day.
    Instant Cast, 5 min cooldown. Lasts 3 min.

Venthyr: Door of Shadows Wend through the shadows, appearing at the targeted location.
    35 yd range, 1.5 sec cast, 1 min cooldown.

Necrolord: Fleshcraft Form a shield of flesh and bone over 4 sec that prevents damage equal to 20% of your maximum health. Channeling near a corpse claims their essence to grow the shield, up to 50% of your maximum health. This is most effective against powerful enemies.
    10 yd range, 4 sec channel, 2 min cooldown.

Night Fae: Soulshape Turn into a Vulpin, increasing movement speed. You may reactivate Soulshape to teleport 10 yds forward. Additional cosmetic forms can be earned and collected through a variety of gameplay. While out in the world, this effect has a 12sec duration before it wears off, but lasts indefinitely while in a rest area.
    Instant Cast, 1.5 min cooldown.

7+ Year Old Account
    At first I wanted to go Necrolord - because I love them skeletons.

Problem is that Venthyr gets all the fun and cool stuff sooo... yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Kyrian. Doing it purely for aesthetics/story etc.

Couldn't care less about whichever is the best ability. Normally I go for min/max but not this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Whatever makes my pally feel more evil tbh. That aside the Night Fae or Venthyr ones seem to combat our biggest weakness (mobility).

Voted Venthyr, but holding off final judgement as I'm pretty sure all the abilities are going to go through some changes, and I'm not too bothered with the armor since Paladins have so much cool shit to transmog to already.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I think I am going Kyrian, just because it seems to fit the class, but Venthyr and Necrolord seem like the better abilities.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    In a few weeks, I'll have 4 rets at max.

So my answer is: yes.

Honeslty all the Pally Covenant abilities look uninspired so I'll just go with the mass Judgment/Shield and the cool plate mog. It works for me.

Venthyr literally for the 2H sword models. I've been dying for a simple, yet elegant, crusader inspired sword that doesn't blind me with 1000 particle effects. The Venthyr sword is absolutely perfect, I love it so much. Link below for for those who haven't seen it yet -

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/922858.jpg

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly with Venthyr.
    Teleport beats all the other abilities

Signature by Aryiana

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paze View Post
    Sadly with Venthyr.
    Teleport beats all the other abilities
    Indeed specially consider our lack of mobility.

Venthyr: Door of Shadows Wend through the shadows, appearing at the targeted location.
    35 yd range, 1.5 sec cast, 1 min cooldown.

Just because of this. I like mobility

And is just happening what ppl saying and blizz insist in dening. Choosing a covenant because of skills and not for gameplay overall
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

If the general abilities don't change, Venthyr is the only logical choice for me.

A short-cast, 1-minute cd teleport looks so much more useful than an absorb shield or an extra 15% hp healthstone.

Night Fae because Paladin are sorely in need of mobility.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Retribution: Templar’s Verdict automatically triggers Divine Storm. well......good pick

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr looks good for Retribution.

Probably Night Fae for the Mobility.
    Venthyr Mobility looks great at doing skips or reaching weird places, but for day to day movement speed increase, Night Fae looks more useful.

But it's still Alpha so....

The night fae buffs will be something the raid/party will need. So, that is probably the right choice.

That teleport looks mighty tempting though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it stays like this going anything but venthyr is just trolling, so yeah.

Don't have Alpha; can the shared covenant abilities be used in instanced content? Originally it was thought they were overworld abilities only.