View Poll Results: Which Covenant will you pick?

Voters
67. This poll is closed
  • Kyrian

22 32.84%
  • Venthyr

17 25.37%
  • Necrolord

2 2.99%
  • Nightfae

7 10.45%
  • Undecided, I'm derped

19 28.36%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Also something to remember, the covenant abilities will likely have secondary abilities attached to them at some point. Things like Door of Shadows becoming an instant cast, Door of Shadows providing a temp speed buff after teleporting, activating Avenging Wrath giving a free Divine Toll, ect.

Rumor is they are tied to legendaries, but here is the confirmed list so far - https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/news...ws-post-311922

Open Doors for Door of Shadows is pretty sexy

Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    New alpha build...

New Kyrian Covenant Ability - 300% speed boost

does this change the meta for Ret?
    This is VERY likely a spell effect tied to a quest or item. A 300% speed boost for 10 seconds would be flat out broken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    This is VERY likely a spell effect tied to a quest or item. A 300% speed boost for 10 seconds would be flat out broken.
    wouldnt be broken if the other classes get a speedboost of 350% for 15 seconds

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kyrian best aesthetics. Like the zone, like the faction, like the mogs, like the idea of finishing Uther's storyline and lastly the Covenant ability isn't trash. It's good in M+ and shit at everything else so I'll just take it.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr. No choice if you want to PvP.

I love kyrian artstyle with the plate mog for a retri paladin but the abiltiy is only good in m+ and zero mobility compared to venthyr/night fae. Playing kyrian in raid will give you nothing at all in most fights
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2020-06-06 at 06:07 PM.

Venthyr because Im sick of being in a wheelchair

Well, i was thinking in venthyr so far till i saw that is a castable ability. IDK if i still goes venthyr now, probably night fae
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    Well, i was thinking in venthyr so far till i saw that is a castable ability. IDK if i still goes venthyr now, probably night fae
    Look at the upgrade: Open Doors - Makes it instant cast!

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/news...ws-post-311922

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post

Yeah, i swa. Took a look at kyrian too, dam i really want goes kyrian but pally need so bad a movement skill like venthyrs
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post

At this point its just impossible not to choose Venthyr...

The abilities all seem horribly underwhelming.
    AoE Judgement? Whoop dee doo, great fun.
    Proc a free DS with a TV every now and then? Oh geez, exciting.
    Those fucking auras? Can't wait to be told to sit on 5 HP for 2 minutes to get the actual DPS classes to deal more damage.

The only thing that seems 'somewhat' enjoyable is super-Consecration that'll allow you to use like 4 HoWs every 2 minutes... and even that gets me about as hard as a 2-days old double Whopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Those fucking auras? Can't wait to be told to sit on 5 HP for 2 minutes to get the actual DPS classes to deal more damage.

The only thing that seems 'somewhat' enjoyable is super-Consecration that'll allow you to use like 4 HoWs every 2 minutes... and even that gets me about as hard as a 2-days old double Whopper.
    Last i checked, blessing of seasons doesnt cost HP. It's just a GCD.
    But, i haven't played the alpha. I don't know if we have free GCD's for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post

My thoughts summed up pretty good. Cant see anything atm but choosing the port from venthyr, just because im sick of the wheelchair.

Gonna be interesting to see how much mobility they give other classes to make us feel like crap again ^^
    Last edited by nando91; 2020-06-15 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nando91 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

My thoughts summed up pretty good. Cant see anything atm but choosing the port from venthyr, just because im sick of the wheelchair.

Gonna be interesting to see how much mobility they give other classes to make us feel like crap again ^^
    Well, every other class gets the mobility they already have + Venthir on to of that. You're gonna be more mobile than you are now, but comparatively you're still gonna be a wheelchair.

Probably Kyrian because it's that good even for off-spec Prot. Maybe venthyr, but meh.

The one with the highest numbers unfortunately

10+ Year Old Account
    I mentioned Kyrian before cause dat aesthetic, but actually I've always loved cleave/aoe situations in WoW on most classes. So the 5 HP gain from slinging 5 judgements works out nicely for me. That and the Avenger's Shield spam or a Glimmer set up with the 5 Holy Shocks. Kinda meh on ST but ah well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Aesthetically I like Venthyr the most. Thematically though the Kyrians fit the paladin best. Ability wise I probably like Divine Toll better than Ashen Hallow but I prefer the mobility I get with the Venthyr ability. Its is definitely a toss up between the two. Also I have to see how the Soulbinds turn out.

I wish we could just pick the ability we want separately from the covenant aesthetics. They could have given multiple visual variances for each ability depending on the coventant you picked.

Funny how we are playing an mmorpg and we select covenants for a percantile of output or some niche utility