View Poll Results: Which Covenant will you pick?

Voters
67. This poll is closed
  • Kyrian

22 32.84%
  • Venthyr

17 25.37%
  • Necrolord

2 2.99%
  • Nightfae

7 10.45%
  • Undecided, I'm derped

19 28.36%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder is it that hard to just give Divine Toll a significant bonus whenever it hits ST. Like +400%. And also give 5 HP anyway. Sounds not OP but also not shitty.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-08-23 at 12:59 PM.

I really like Venthyr.
    Love the idea of Nosferatu style vampire's in WoW.

So much good stuff, the theme, story, cosmetics, soulbinds, and door of shadows are all awesome.

But, Ashen Hallow?
    A fucking horrible abomination of a skill? I honestly have no idea what the person who designed this we're thinking...
    Super long cooldown, cast time, anti-synergy with our wings...
    30 second stationary zone, like what?
    It's just awful, long cooldown, super situational and incredibly hard to find a good time to even use it.

I couldn't care less about picking a sub par ability, performance wise, but this ability just seems so fucking bad and unfun to me.
    Last edited by Snowfunk; 2020-09-04 at 01:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

nightfae blessing of summer super nerfed, 45 sec cd with 30 sec duration ,having to press a global every 45 sec just to buff someone else super annoying. Venhtyr got buffed but 4 min cooldown still feels so bad

nightfae movement ability is still the best which is something ret paladin really needs.
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2020-09-04 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by getuza1234 View Post
    Retribution: Templar’s Verdict automatically triggers Divine Storm. well......good pick
    Until you do that boss where you need to hold off on the AOE abilites or you wipe the raid/party. And will loose out on Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm.
    I'm sure this situation will be few and maybe not at all but it could be the case.

Probably Night Fae for the mobility aspect, since Ret lacks it.

Picking Kyrian because I think the lore and transmog fit paladins well. I also want to follow Uther's story.

Kyrian.

Looks best, fits best, ability is very good on aoe, single target it's actually not extremely bad but not as good as others.

I'm leaning towards the Necrolords. Nice mog, pretty fun abilities, no massive cooldowns, cool conduits.

Venthyr do have their teleport though which I really, really would like to have, I just love mobility, it also looks decent for pvp. However, 4 min cooldown on their main ability? While I like it, the 4 min is really offputting for me. Anything longer than 2 min (RIP wings) is something I don't really like.

I'm split... Maybe I level 4 paladins to max to have whatever choice I want for the moment?

Anyone have something to say about PvP and which is a good covenant?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kyrian because Wing Aesthetics.

Belf pally going venthyr if SL ends up worth playing. Blood and Kael'thas theme fits belves/blood knights, the more sinister theme of purging sin fits Retribution spec, and they have the best plate set ... and aura of seasons looks fucking annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

i dont like any of them can i stay with the army of the light?

Kyrian looks like it's best for endgame raiding from what I've read so far...but also not terrible for M+

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore-wise, my paladin would be with the Necrolords. Ability-wise, I am just... unsure. I think I'll just pick the one with the coolest armor set. Maybe Kyrian, if they stop acting like stuck-up bananas.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    I've decided upon night fae, not because i want to but if i'm going to do PvP, raiding and mythic+ it seems like the best option

With the recent “flattening” of the soulbinds, I’m not sure it’s going to matter. My guess is the Kyrian Pelagos one will get nerfed since it adds a boost to damage, and if it does, you probably can just play whatever you want. All have their strengths and weaknesses.

I’m personally going to play Night Fae, but it could definitely change with tuning. I can see a strong case for necro also especially in pvp - giving us more ranges damage and a way to avoid CC.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

After playing on beta, I've changed my mind about Venthyr, I'm rolling Necrolord, Vanquishing Hammer is so good, they had to nerf it but its still better than the rest as its on a very short cooldown too.

I'm leaning very heavily towards Kyrian for my Pally who's Prot/Ret. DT is just too good in M+ and will also have plenty of utility in Raids. Use the conduit that gives it a 60% chance to cast 3 times on the main target to counteract it being kinda bad for ST fights. Along with Steward pot being crazy strong in Nathria with so many bleeds it's a solid choice.

Venthyr's ability is amazing for sure, but I hate the idea of a 4 minute CD that I can fuck up majorly by putting it in the wrong spot, I can also see it causing many a wipe in M+ when it pulls something you didn't want it to because it's such a huge AoE that isn't perfectly outlined by its target reticle.