Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think it would help alot if Blizzard would just stop forcing the player characters into a race-war and instead embrace their status as neutral adventurers and mercenaries that help out the factions if it pleases them. That way they can have their cake and eat it too. It's just too jarring to constantly fight at the side of lore figures with complete trust only to be on their KoS list right next patch. They can have the factions at constant war, that doesn't mean the players have to participate in it. Not to mention that half the races have neutral variants and it should be practically impossible right now to determine on first sight who belongs to which side..

Hear, hear! Characters that are neutral mercenaries and heroes can also still fight PvP including arena and whatnot as they wish. Open world PvP also is not going to work in a game centered around PvE and is not something people should feel pushed into, in order to get some extra XP & REP, just to be cannonfodder for whichever side is stronger that day. The faction war needs to go away. The factions being able to work together would also effectively double the number of players queing for various dungeons etc.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    He also said "Not exactly x3 or x10" whatever that means. We don't even know how much time we will spend actually in SL. If it is 2 years and the timewarp is less than x3...so it could be 4 years in the future...which is just useless...right?

...and ofc he said "we just have to see" - so they might have a very vague idea. I think he should have just not said anything...they might scrap the idea after all
    He did say those numbers, but in reference to how much faster time has gone for the people we encounter in the Shadowlands. The question was about how it seems that more time has passed for the familiar faces we meet in the Shadowlands, then has passed on Azeroth since their death. Such as Uther being a Kyrian, though becoming one is stated to often take eons.

People are concluding Time Skip, even though time seems to be moving faster. In the end though, Ion's comments are likely just there to create wiggle-room where it comes to the state of the NPCs we encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    He did say those numbers, but in reference to how much faster time has gone for the people we encounter in the Shadowlands. The question was about how it seems that more time has passed for the familiar faces we meet in the Shadowlands, then has passed on Azeroth since their death. Such as Uther being a Kyrian, though becoming one is stated to often take eons.

People are concluding Time Skip, even though time seems to be moving faster. In the end though, Ion's comments are likely just there to create wiggle-room where it comes to the state of the NPCs we encounter.
    Oh yeah..if it really takes Eons to become a Kyrian. Was there really a need to bring all these ppl back potentially. Lore fans seem already confused that Uther should be in the light and stuff. Not even adding Arthas and god knows who else...

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh yeah..if it really takes Eons to become a Kyrian. Was there really a need to bring all these ppl back potentially. Lore fans seem already confused that Uther should be in the light and stuff. Not even adding Arthas and god knows who else...
    I'm guessing it was partially a way to give this expansion its own version of the Warbringers cinematics, as well as to probably provide justifications for the new factions being provided as Allied Races in the future.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I hope they don't go the "distant future" route, but maybe instead it's a few decades later and the world has mostly recovered from the Cataclysm. Portals to main cities could simply just be for gameplay and not necessarily in the story. I think it would be a neat idea that these legendary heroes "die" and Azeroth evolves without them. Then when we come back Captain America style we could go back to being adventurers and not CHAHMPYUHNS
    WoW would feel trash going back to being mere adventurers, I don't play RPG's to remain some random pleb for the entire game. Rising through the ranks and becoming a commander was one of the best things in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It has been pretty obvious that time passes slower on Azeroth, there will be a revamp since some new baddie is going to rise to power while we are away.
    Just nuke him with the Vindicar

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Just nuke him with the Vindicar
    What if the baddie IS the Vindicaar?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Kynario View Post
    A revamp is very much expected and due, so that makes a lot of sense.

I think once we return Azeroth will be far into the future, and the world will be completely different again.
    people are insane if they think a revamp is happening,cata had the largest wow team ever and was a huge failure content wise because of the revamp,the team is a shadow of what it once was,what ion said was simply a dodge as usual,at best wwe can expect a 2 year time expansion instead of the usual 1,thrall iwll proly have an extra gray hair

Honestly, I agree. I think 10 is going to be something insane.
    Think about it.
    We could come out and so much time has passed everyone we knew is different.
    The whole world might be different.

So much time might have passed that the illidan and sargares storyline boiled over.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by experimentOne View Post
    Sylvanas: BEFORE THE FINAL BLOW WAS STRUCK, I TORE OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME, AND FLUNG THE CHAMPION INTO THE FUTURE WHERE MY EVIL IS LAW
    Good christ....Stop giving them ideas D: They might pull nonsense like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

Fucking do it already blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    It's just their way of setting up another faction war. It's been so long since we left now we hate each other again blah blah etc red vs blue is exciting etc.
    I wonder which Alliance city will be genocided by the Horde this time? Ironforge?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    If you ask me, we will come back to Azeroth, with no time skip, but with a revamp inmind, where we as players help rebuild the world, think about it...

As the horde you can help the undead rebuild a new capitol somewhere...

as alliance you can help the night elfs rebuild a new capitol somewhere...

as someone have said in this topic allready, lets us be part of the world that we play in, let stuff just not happen but let us work for it as players an see it grow with us.

There are so much potetial...

Lordareon... (Genn retake Gilenas... Alterac reborn... Stratholm retaken by the argent crusade... ecc)
    Eastweald better be protectorate zone by the Argent Crusade for the Foraken, and Alterac better rejoin the Horde
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ace-suggestion

Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by experimentone View Post
    sylvanas: Before the final blow was struck, i tore open a portal in time, and flung the champion into the future where my evil is law
    Into the Shadowlands, where my bae's in the Maw!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    If time works differently in the Shadowlands, there are three possibilities:

1) Time outside the Shadowlands is moving faster than inside the Shadowlands, in which case, when we leave it will be a MUCH later date than when we entered - Much later than it should be. (Ex.: If we're there for two months, a year could pass on Azeroth.) This is likely the path they intend to take, as the other paths don't really offer much in terms of story potential. This offers both the possibility of "How do we get back" if they choose to go that route, OR "What's the situation and how can we help here" in the future of Azeroth without our heroes. Whatever happened in the un-clear amount of time we skip, is basically entirely Blizzard's to write with no input from us, as the entire expansion will be dependent on these stories which are likely written through books.

2) Time outside the Shadowlands is moving slower than inside the Shadowlands, in which case, when we leave it will be a MUCH sooner date than it should be. (Ex.: If we're there for two months, it could only be a few days on Azeroth.) This offers absolutely no story potential. FFXIV ran with this idea in their Shadowbringers expansion, specifically to make it so the main world is absolutely not affected whatsoever by their current AU story. It's basically just saying "Oh you're basically in the hyperbolic time chamber, you're meant to be solving this story in however much time it takes to solve, and getting back to what you were doing before since nothing has changed from when you left."

3) Time outside the Shadowlands holds no bearing on time inside the Shadowlands, in which case, when we enter and when we leave have absolutely no way of being predicted. (Ex.: One time we enter, we stay for two months, and we leave and it's only been 5 minutes - While another time we enter, we stay for two months, and we leave and it's been 16 years.) This is the least likely of the three options. It basically makes the future chaotic - We have absolutely no way of predicting when we end up, when ANYONE ends up, and Blizzard would need to write in a way to remove this in order to get the story back on track.

Without one of these three possibilities, there is absolutely no reason to consider that time in the Shadowlands works any differently than on Azeroth, and it's simply not worth considering as a possibility. The fact Ion hinted that it's something we'll explore in the next expansion, means one of the above three is true.
    An interesting post. I think that the first option is the most likely, if only because option 2 offers no potential for future stories (and it would feel lame af), on top, and option 3, while offering a lot of potential, would be especially whacky to work with. As far as I can tell, only a small handful of HIGHLY skilled sci-fi writers have managed to make those "oscillating" (so to speak) timelines work... And I really doubt that Danuser & co. will be able to pull off something like that... In a non-cringey way, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I wonder which Alliance city will be genocided by the Horde this time? Ironforge?

- - - Updated - - -

Eastweald better be protectorate zone by the Argent Crusade for the Foraken, and Alterac better rejoin the Horde
    how about making Stratholm for the argent crusade its own nation, where both horde and alliance can come to and do their Reputaiton quests and more interesting stuff.

When it comes to ALterac I think they would try to rebuild their own kingdom, but beeing neutral and make their own faction which would be Neutral to the horde and alliance, it would really fit them and beeing in the mountains they could be a very good trade hub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    If we’ll ever see a revamp of ALL the old zones, it will be for 11.0 when the game will achieve the 20 years milestone. The work to do is overwhelming, if they really have this idea I hope they started working on it yesterday.
    They have, just think about it Legion, BFA and Shadowlands... have been doing alot of updates to base elements of the game and done alot of Upgraded Grapics on NPCS and different world envierments, so the most thing they would have to do is to plan the Lore and do it right.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    WoW would feel trash going back to being mere adventurers, I don't play RPG's to remain some random pleb for the entire game. Rising through the ranks and becoming a commander was one of the best things in WoW.
    While I would like to agree with the genal premise, if you think you are commander right now then you don't know what a commander is. You are essentially a child with god tier powers that gets ordered around whenever it matters and you have a few goons you can send on missions to placate you for the remainder of the time. You don't command anything. You don't strategize, you don't give orders. We are free-lancing heroes.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

Im more thinking as a timeskip periode... we're in Shadowland for 2 years, Azeroth ends up 20+ years old and everyone that remained in Azeroth rebuilt the world and a new order is in place which will (obviously...) become the next vilain of 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    In the latest Ion interview concerning Shadowlands (Which is still going at time of writing)
    Ion stated "Time moves differently in the shadowlands. Not exactly a X3 or a X10 timewarp persay, but we'll have to see the full extent of this when our characters come out of Shadowlands [into the next expac].

10.0 revamp bois.

And yes, it's too goddamn early for 10.0 discussion, but here you go.
    Maybe that is why we see a old Anduin in the Legion comics. Maybe we get stuck in Shadowlands for a while or time goes faster for us but not in the world of the living / Azeroth. Maybe vice versa.
    Last edited by Goladir; 2020-05-17 at 03:08 AM.

it would be cool if we come back and nobody knows who we are and we are back to being random adventurers

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    In the latest Ion interview concerning Shadowlands (Which is still going at time of writing)
    Ion stated "Time moves differently in the shadowlands. Not exactly a X3 or a X10 timewarp persay, but we'll have to see the full extent of this when our characters come out of Shadowlands [into the next expac].

10.0 revamp bois.

And yes, it's too goddamn early for 10.0 discussion, but here you go.
    What does wood have to do with anything!?