Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Our time is coming. 10.0 for a world revamp, or it's never happening...
    On a semi unrelated note I really loved the leaks list you've compiled in your signature! Blizz can just browse it and pick ideas, save them dev time
    10/10 effort

And yes, if Turalyon can spend 1000 years in space while it's a couple decades for Azeroth, so can we!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    On a semi unrelated note I really loved the leaks list you've compiled in your signature! Blizz can just browse it and pick ideas, save them dev time
    10/10 effort

And yes, if Turalyon can spend 1000 years in space while it's a couple decades for Azeroth, so can we!
    I think a 15 to 30 years time-jump would be ideal!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As I've suggested before, I'd use the garrison tech to create multiple rebuilding efforts around the world were you would be able to contribute resources to build up towns. I'd make the new Forsaken and Night Elf capitals be the capitals for that expac which we would be improving upon throughout the xpac. Make the focus of the xpac creating things instead of destroying things.
    It's almost like it could go together with a tinker class introduction

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I will turn this thread right around if you don't start behaving

As I've suggested before, I'd use the garrison tech to create multiple rebuilding efforts around the world were you would be able to contribute resources to build up towns. I'd make the new Forsaken and Night Elf capitals be the capitals for that expac which we would be improving upon throughout the xpac. Make the focus of the xpac creating things instead of destroying things.
    Considering how much WoW is taking from XIV these days, I'd love for this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I will turn this thread right around if you don't start behaving
    What? What did I do?
    It's still on topic, a world revamp gives context to possible classes that would mesh well narratively. And we're due for a class.
    And in case you didn't notice by my several years sig, I am very interested in a world revamp.
    (I guess the comment was made in jest, but hey, this is the internet, misunderstandings abound)

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    What? What did I do?
    It's still on topic, a world revamp gives context to possible classes that would mesh well narratively. And we're due for a class.
    And in case you didn't notice by my several years sig, I am very interested in a world revamp.
    (I guess the comment was made in jest, but hey, this is the internet, misunderstandings abound)
    We don't say the T word. it attracts He Who Shall Not Be Named.

We don't say the T word. it attracts He Who Shall Not Be Named.
    Oh. I am not very aware of forum posters and such. I'll stick to the revamp then!

5+ Year Old Account
    I hate agreeing with Lilithvia but I must, let's not have that discussion on this thread we already got the helf one
    Oh. I am not very aware of forum posters and such. I'll stick to the revamp then!
    so, what do you think they'll name the velf/helf capital assuming they get one separate from silvermoon?
    And do you think it'll be in telogrus rift or in azeroth
    @Fahrad Wagner; bets on the ethereal lady in telogrus being part of a ethereal conspiracy to manipulate the elves into forming an alliance with them
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2020-05-31 at 03:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Precisely. My personal belief is that the class was planned for Shadowlands, but they pushed it off to a future expansion because it didn't match the theme. However, the build up for the Tinker in BFA is pretty undeniable, so there is a chance it was moved into 10.0.

::waves @Lilithvia::
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-05-31 at 10:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did love how Cata changed the world. But it was a bit mild makeover with just daddy d-wing flying around. I wouldn't object it if Shadowlands opening somehow changed the world more dramatically while we're gone. All zones pretty much unrecognizable would spice up leveling alts But that's not going to happen.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I did love how Cata changed the world. But it was a bit mild makeover with just daddy d-wing flying around. I wouldn't object it if Shadowlands opening somehow changed the world more dramatically while we're gone. All zones pretty much unrecognizable would spice up leveling alts But that's not going to happen.
    If they ever did a revamp then they must make the revamped content relevant for the endgame. The biggest mistake with Cataclysm was that they revamped the 2 largest continents and none of the content besides a few quests was relevant for endgame, so Cata basically ended up being a very small expansion for most people, despite being actually by far the biggest.

Hyjal would be an interesting new zone if they got rid of the Firelands stuff and swapped it out for a new settlement. I guess the only problem then is how new players would get there (as the portal rooms lack capital city portals).

Same goes for an nu-Undercity (Above City? Stratholme? Andorhal) but that is mitigated by their city likely going to be something you can walk to instead of something you have to fly or portal to like Hyjal. Unless they take over Dalaran or something (unlikely)

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Hyjal would be an interesting new zone if they got rid of the Firelands stuff and swapped it out for a new settlement. I guess the only problem then is how new players would get there (as the portal rooms lack capital city portals).

Same goes for an nu-Undercity (Above City? Stratholme? Andorhal) but that is mitigated by their city likely going to be something you can walk to instead of something you have to fly or portal to like Hyjal. Unless they take over Dalaran or something (unlikely)
    It could be reworked as a starting zone, add a new path to Ashenvale perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Precisely. My personal belief is that the class was planned for Shadowlands, but they pushed it off to a future expansion because it didn't match the theme. However, the build up for the Tinker in BFA is pretty undeniable, so there is a chance it was moved into 10.0.

Tinkers actually can fit the Death theme fairly easily; instead of fighting fire with fire, like with Death Knights and Demon Hunters, the factions instead seal volunteers inside robot suits to try and render them immune to the Blight/Plague/whatever.

Gnomes and mechagnomes are the easiest fit for this, and goblins with their shredders. Lightforged have their warframes, and with a magic reskin on abilities you can justify Blood Elves being soultrapped inside Arcane Golems. Nightborne and standard Draenei also have golem-like guardians like this that can qualify.

And if the whole class is designed to be a massive, hulking behemoth, you can even give it to Night Elves by giving it a nature reskin as an Ancient.

How would it fit through doors? Simple; a shrinking device, spell, or treant-sized form.

Hell, even Dark Irons can be made to fit the theme because they've got their own golems, and standard dwarves can have a custom Steam Tank instead.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

so, what do you think they'll name the velf/helf capital assuming they get one separate from silvermoon?
    And do you think it'll be in telogrus rift or in azeroth
    @Fahrad Wagner; bets on the ethereal lady in telogrus being part of a ethereal conspiracy to manipulate the elves into forming an alliance with them
    That is a good question! Maybe it'll be Telogrus. If they're going for a revamp, I think they'd give a real world locations and not an instanced one for capital cities/hubs. But Telogrus should still be a thing, I like the concept of them studying a dead planet filled with void. But at least it should be able to be visited by everyone (edit: on the alliance I mean)! And have it become some wondrous void and elf-y city with a time skip. For an Azeroth location, I don't know, maybe they could occupy and rebuild on one of the old god prisons. C'thun's seems to be the most neglected. But I feel like Alleria's and the void elf's thing is more cosmic and space related, so I guess I'm leaning towards a differently instanced Telogrus rift.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post

I think that with the new leveling system, we gotta change how we think about this.
    New players do not interfere with these ideas. They create a character, start the new leveling zone Exile's Reach, and then choose an expansion to level on. Once they get to 50, they may enter the new expansion content, aka, timeskip azeroth. Plot wise, the character had been timetraveling with chromie's help, experiencing past events. Only at 50 do they return to the current time and experience current content.
    Hyjal can, and I think is the most appropriate place, for the night elves to hold their capital city in a hypothetical time skip. This new Azeroth isn't going to appear in cata, tbc, wotlk, wod, mop, legion or bfa content. It's only going to appear on current content. And after one expansion, new players will be able to level in it anyway.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean Telorgus is more than just a world. It's most likely the world that Sargeras went bonkers.
    Wasn't that Mar'dum?

Quote Originally Posted by Wowpedia
    While the titans continued their work, Sargeras meditated on the fate of the cosmos in isolation. Fear, doubt and despair overwhelmed him, and he eventually came to the conclusion that the only way to spare the fundamentally flawed universe from the void lords was to purge it all of life. Thus began the Burning Crusade. The fallen titan knew that he would need an army to accomplish this, and so he traveled to Mardum, which had become bloated and twisted with fel energies over the eons. Sargeras instantly shattered the prison world, unleashing its countless demonic inhabitants onto the cosmos and creating an explosion of fel energies so powerful that it warped his form into a horrific being of blistering hatred. In the process of destroying the prison world, the fallen titan had also ripped open a wound in the boundaries between the Nether and the Great Dark, creating a great burning maw of emerald fire that would remain an eternal reminder of the titan's betrayal for all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

wait what the fuck
    you aren't just completely and mindlessly railing for tinkers right now?
    Color me impressed.
    Though, I doubt the night elves would take tinker help. Most of their architecture uses arcane or nature magic to sculpt... Like ArchMage and ArchDruid levels.

Were gonna come back out of shadowlands and we'll have gone back to when the black empire ruled azeroth gonna sent us back in time lul