Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    It will never be more efficient to do nothing between long cooldowns. This is a giant strawman. How can it be more efficient to wait for your long cooldown, instead of killing stuff while waiting, then when your cooldown it ready, you have far less to kill?

Ion and you guys are fighting windmills to create boogeymen that don't exist.
    Your assumption is that the given person/group CAN kill stuff. The WoW team isn't worried about people doing this on every floor. They're worried that when players hit the limits of their skill/gear, instead of saying "Let's end this run, go and get more gear/try different tactics", players will instead just wait for all their cooldowns for each pack, and slowly grind their way higher up.

Players are well known for doing every silly, stupid strategy they can to try and get ahead once they've hit their limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    I like the idea of Torments actually, I have seen a few streamers going through it this week. I understand people's trepidation with this system that was suppose to have no time limit, I get it. But we aren't looking at the devs trying to make speed runs.

This is a softcap way to keep peoples runs in Torgast from hitting extremes in power balance that would probably favor some classes over others down the line. Shaman's are already kinda broken in Torgast right now. If they were allowed to use Lust on every pack that class specifically may dominate the tower's 1% runs. Leading to community backlash over some classes not being able to climb as far as a result.

Aside from the potential balancing nightmare, ill also just say what everyone else has said: Waiting for CD's all day isn't that fun. I did it in vanila trying to kill mobs on my own. You can do it with enough time and prep, but I don't think it's healthy for the game imo.

That being said I haven't tried it yet so like most of you we will just have to wait and see how it actually feels when we can finally get our hands on it.
    I wish there would nbe some way for others to use heroism/bloodlust/time warp....apart from mages, hunters, shamans...ohh, wait Drums of Fury...

Not to mention, on paper sounds awesome to wait 10 minutes between each pack, but in real no sane person gonna do that..Why? Because it is extremely boring and time consuming (takes around an hour to clean 6 packs....Let`s say only 6 packs/floor....You need to clean 6 floor to reach a checkpoint but they going to be harder and harder so overall 6 floor is 6-7 hours....)

blizzturd still hasnt learned to let people have fun without trying to manipulate how they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Your assumption is that the given person/group CAN kill stuff. The WoW team isn't worried about people doing this on every floor. They're worried that when players hit the limits of their skill/gear, instead of saying "Let's end this run, go and get more gear/try different tactics", players will instead just wait for all their cooldowns for each pack, and slowly grind their way higher up.

Players are well known for doing every silly, stupid strategy they can to try and get ahead once they've hit their limits.
    So if they can't kill stuff, then it shouldn't matter. Even if they wait for their cooldowns, it won't help them get past the next floor. I'm not sure what you are worried is going to happen here. Even with the cooldowns they are still going to hit a limit, and it will likely be the next floor after the first floor they needed to wait on their cooldowns for every pull.

"Oh noes! these guys killed stuff slower than me, they can't be allowed to do that!! Either kill it as fast as me, or don't play!"

Finding ways to kill stuff that's kicking your rear is the fun of it for some people. They don't only want to do content they can zerg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    Not to mention, on paper sounds awesome to wait 10 minutes between each pack, but in real no sane person gonna do that..Why? Because it is extremely boring and time consuming (takes around an hour to clean 6 packs....Let`s say only 6 packs/floor....You need to clean 6 floor to reach a checkpoint but they going to be harder and harder so overall 6 floor is 6-7 hours....)
    This is the reality of it. Waiting for every cooldown is the least efficient, most time consuming, and most boring way to do it...yet Blizzard throwing timers in because they think that's how their players want to play their game.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    blizzturd still hasnt learned to let people have fun without trying to manipulate how they play.
    NO game in the history of ever has been made without manipulating how people play.

5+ Year Old Account
    Another daily Torghast interview.

Torghast Torghast Torghast.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    I'm sorry but is this an another "Island Expeditions" 1.5 version or something cuz i can tell it's pretty lazy copy and pasta and a quick slap it with "death theme+horror" or something. I was expecting something really different.. am i wrong?
    These reward you with legendaries, for what ever that's worth. But functionality, it's different.

Typical Blizz: "Here's our new feature. It shouldn't do this, that, or this other thing." New feature releases. Players: "Why is this behaving like this, that and the other thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    These reward you with legendaries, for what ever that's worth. But functionality, it's different.
    Supposely those legendaries given disappointment result when crafted then it's kinda of waste of time isn't it?