Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Just finished reading the bullets from Ion's latest interview, and man I gotta say, besides the usual "we have no clue what we're doing, but we want to do this and that" stuff, I'm specifically dissapointed to read the 3 following things:

• Set bonuses are one of the reasons they pulled back on tier sets originally. They limited item diversity because certain slots were locked to tier sets.

What? Set items locking slots away? Hello BFA neck, cloack, helm, shoulder, chest?! I mean, sure you exchange a few azerites till you cash in on that specific one which nets you most power, but it was the same with set items as well, as there was mutliple ilvl iterations of each item.

• PvP stats are not returning. Itemization will remain like it is in Battle for Azeroth, with the inclusion of a PvP vendor to give players more choice of gear acquisition.

Why? Why force PvP players, who exclusively enjoy PvP, into farming PvE? Why allow PvE players to gain PvP power through NOT playing PvP? To me, this honestly is neither fair, nor logical. PvP players should have stronger PvP gear, and vice versa.

• Arthas is obviously SOMEWHERE in the Shadowlands, but they want to be respectful with the character. We will learn more about him and his true nature, but we most likely won't be adventuring or interacting much with him.

Say that again please, YOU don't want to whatnow?! Ion, I respect you for all your contributions to WoW, and the fact you have devoted such a bit part of your entire life to this game. You are obviously not doing it primarily for the money, but let's get one thing straight: WE pay your greedy AF company to create content that WE must enjoy. If the community wants more Arthas, then give them the hell more Arthas. What's the problem with that? His character's integrity? Illidan was pissed upon when nobody asked for him. Why not give us Arthas, now that we want him? And yeah, I know some of you out there will be like "NOOOOO" but I guarantee you if it's put through a vote, the majority of the community will want Arthas back.
    There is so much wrong with this post so i'm choosing to just address one thing

: WE pay your greedy AF company to create content that WE must enjoy. If the community wants more Arthas, then give them the hell more Arthas
    This is not true. We pay for access to play their game on their servers. Its THEIR game, not yours. Its their vision. If you dont like it you can voice it or go away. But you are not deciding what they should do. For several reasons. One because thats what they do, as its their game. But on a more down to earth level your opinion is one of millions. You have no idea what the next person wants and if it aligns with what you want(it doesnt).

Well shit.. i was kinda hoping pvp vs pve gears thing sort out like..

Pvp gear you are stronger in pvp but not stronger in pve wise.
    Pve gear you are stronger in pve but not stronger in pvp wise.

however... nope.

Boss should just drop "enchants" that you put on items that come from the raid exclusively (or from m+ of current season maybe) that put 1/4 of the tier set on said item.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    As an outlaw Rogue I have used the same Azerite traits for the whole expansion. There might be customizability on paper, but in reality there isn't for a lot of specs. My chest, shoulder and head have been locked with the same traits for 2 years.
    That can be the same for everything. There is always going to be a min-max "This is best" but once again, You ARE changing your chest/shoulder/head. There's a bunch of each out there and yes, one is going to have the exact traits you want, but if you don't get it, it's not a huge deal you get an upgrade that has different traits, you can still use the upgrade. Just like there's a bunch of boots, belts, bracers, hands, etc. With Tier gear, you need the set and once you get the set you can't change anything in the set until you get the next set, so even if you get a better chestpiece, doesn't matter, you need to use the old one because it's part of a set.

Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post
    Thats what made it epic.
    Yeah no. Pretty cliche.

You are really out of touch if you are freaking out over those three things.
    None of that is controversial or even being said for the first time.

Maybe the most confusing thing is your comment about set bonuses.
    I'll just chalk it up to you not having done serious PVE in Legion, because Ion is 100 percent right and you are a fool if you think you can compare those other items to sets and have a fair point.

Hint: You don't have to be a full clear Mythic raider to get those.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Jesus everytime one interview with Ion pops up, there are sudden 10 hate threads created...
    I instinctively froth from the mouth now from the mere mentioning of Ion... I have been conditioned so!

10+ Year Old Account
    People have an incredible hate boner for ion. It is kinda of embarassing really.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    That can be the same for everything. There is always going to be a min-max "This is best" but once again, You ARE changing your chest/shoulder/head. There's a bunch of each out there and yes, one is going to have the exact traits you want, but if you don't get it, it's not a huge deal you get an upgrade that has different traits, you can still use the upgrade. Just like there's a bunch of boots, belts, bracers, hands, etc. With Tier gear, you need the set and once you get the set you can't change anything in the set until you get the next set, so even if you get a better chestpiece, doesn't matter, you need to use the old one because it's part of a set.
    And? Why is that a bad thing? I loved being able to complete a set and knowing that I didn't have to worry about those slots again.

Part of it is also the fact that loot gets thrown at us for everything. Raids, M+, Warfronts, World Quests, PvP, World PvP Quests...and because if we did have sets, that flood's even more useless.

I honestly think part of the reason I enjoyed Wrath the most was I actually managed to complete my tier set, by BiS items - and then I could spend time on an alt for a while while doing things like the Argent Tournament - which had a wealth of non-gear rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Lol there's no way they aren't doing something big with Arthas, when they brought back Illidan in Legion and Thrall in BfA.
    I mean, Thrall wasn't dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Jesus everytime one interview with Ion pops up, there are sudden 10 hate threads created...
    It's what the cool kids do.

I like new stories and not having a redemption story about everyone. I don't think they need to bring back a character to have a good story. We need a good story but like they said, not at the cost of ruining an old story if they don't feel like they'll do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    People have an incredible hate boner for ion. It is kinda of embarassing really.
    The best part is, it never ends.
    When Ion steps down, people will just pick another guy to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I mean, Thrall wasn't dead.
    The expansion takes place in the afterlife and several dead characters will be featured in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Just finished reading the bullets from Ion's latest interview, and man I gotta say, besides the usual "we have no clue what we're doing, but we want to do this and that" stuff, I'm specifically dissapointed to read the 3 following things:

• Set bonuses are one of the reasons they pulled back on tier sets originally. They limited item diversity because certain slots were locked to tier sets.

What? Set items locking slots away? Hello BFA neck, cloack, helm, shoulder, chest?! I mean, sure you exchange a few azerites till you cash in on that specific one which nets you most power, but it was the same with set items as well, as there was mutliple ilvl iterations of each item.

• PvP stats are not returning. Itemization will remain like it is in Battle for Azeroth, with the inclusion of a PvP vendor to give players more choice of gear acquisition.

Why? Why force PvP players, who exclusively enjoy PvP, into farming PvE? Why allow PvE players to gain PvP power through NOT playing PvP? To me, this honestly is neither fair, nor logical. PvP players should have stronger PvP gear, and vice versa.

• Arthas is obviously SOMEWHERE in the Shadowlands, but they want to be respectful with the character. We will learn more about him and his true nature, but we most likely won't be adventuring or interacting much with him.

Say that again please, YOU don't want to whatnow?! Ion, I respect you for all your contributions to WoW, and the fact you have devoted such a bit part of your entire life to this game. You are obviously not doing it primarily for the money, but let's get one thing straight: WE pay your greedy AF company to create content that WE must enjoy. If the community wants more Arthas, then give them the hell more Arthas. What's the problem with that? His character's integrity? Illidan was pissed upon when nobody asked for him. Why not give us Arthas, now that we want him? And yeah, I know some of you out there will be like "NOOOOO" but I guarantee you if it's put through a vote, the majority of the community will want Arthas back.
    You can change Azerite pieces, you can't change set pieces. It's no wonder that crybabies can't fathom the difference

The problem with pvp stats is that they made the gear mediocre to useless for other applications and they made the barrier to entry too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I can't believe people still don't see the problems with tier sets. Yeah I grew up with them like many others and I wouldn't mind them back but the issue with tier sets locking your item slots isn't even close to being comparable to HoA-neck or azerite gear. If you get a pair of shoulders that are much better than your current shoulders, you swap those out and you got yourself an upgrade. If you got a better pair of shoulders when we had tier-gear, and you happened to have tier shoulders then you might as well take that item to the vendor because breaking up the 4-set bonus was not worth it.
    I get this, I do, the solution is to provide tier pieces for every slot (including rings/trinkets), but still only use 4 towards the set. Tier items will be more available overall, but you can work towards itemization in more slots.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That is completely different. You are locking those slots with Azerite that can be interchanged. Tier sets were basically the piece of gear you wore in that slot and forgot all other pieces that didn't have tier stats on them. So it made pieces that didn't contribute to the tier set worthless and not even worth considering for majority of the classes. Azerite pieces could be used regardless since they all gave bonuses of some kind.

So you want a dumb stat like resilience? Depending on your class it was either worthless or amazing in PvP. It even spilled over to PvE to were some classes would favor resilience. PvP spilling into PvE is perfectly fine since the entire game is PvE based and PvP is a side thing. Making a side thing required for the main focus of the game, however isn't. In this case it'd be like requiring pet battles to perform max damage in PvE.
    Youre completely wrong.. Resilience was NEVER preferred on ANY class for PVE. Resilience literally did ONE thing.. Reduced damage taken from players.. Actually, if i remember correctly, is SPECIFICALLY reduced the amount of damage that CRITS did.

It was never worthless for any class in pvp.

Why even comment on this if everything in your comment is incorrect? like.. ill never understand that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    The best part is, it never ends.
    When Ion steps down, people will just pick another guy to blame.
    Yep, people blamed Chris Metzen a lot. Now we remember it foundly but the forums were set ablaze every now and then because of him.

And now people say that he keeps talking like lawyer trying to drag his old job into his new, which is pathetic.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    And? Why is that a bad thing? I loved being able to complete a set and knowing that I didn't have to worry about those slots again.

Part of it is also the fact that loot gets thrown at us for everything. Raids, M+, Warfronts, World Quests, PvP, World PvP Quests...and because if we did have sets, that flood's even more useless.

I honestly think part of the reason I enjoyed Wrath the most was I actually managed to complete my tier set, by BiS items - and then I could spend time on an alt for a while while doing things like the Argent Tournament - which had a wealth of non-gear rewards.
    Because you're getting better equipment that you CAN'T USE. That's why it's a bad thing. To get an upgrade, but not be able to use it because a poorer piece of equipment is needed to keep the set bonus alive sucks. The fact that you have 2/4 (if the set bonus is just that good) items that you can't change until you get a full set of the NEXT tier is crazy. That we've got new dungeons and content out to do, but you still can't change that any one of those four because it's part of a set is the problem.

Like, here's the easiest I can put it.
    You get your set from say Blackwing Descent in Cataclysm. Firelands patch comes out. You get a chest off one of the bosses. More than that, you get your Set Chest. Too bad, can't use it. Doesn't matter that it's an upgrade. Doesn't matter that it's even the next set. You've only got one piece, so it's garbage to you until you get at least the next, if not 3 others.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    The problem with pvp stats is that they made the gear mediocre to useless for other applications and they made the barrier to entry too high.
    why do you act as though you werent perfectly capable of farming 2 sets? in its last iteration, base pvp gear was farmed from honor which was gained from BGS. Then, you could really only get one piece a week through arena points aka conquest, which you only needed around 10 games to get capped. heck, back in the day, you could LITERALLY q 10 arena games.. lose all 10 and get your cap. This was actually a gearing method as alot of people wouldnt push their rating until the last few weeks of the season anyway.