Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
  1. #261
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,468
    You don´t even have to use it, make a macro..

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Okay, this was unexpected. So i'm only arguing with arena players and raiders in this thread, with everyone else basically agreeing with me. You log in, you press the queue button, you log off. Okay, that's fine, but what about the rest of the players who don't play the game like you? What about the players who want to play a hunter and not a mage in chain mail?

    Also i'm getting the distinct impression that i'm not arguing with people who play hunters as main or even alt characters, but people who either play rogues or druids, even mages. If hunter's mark has no impact on the game in any way as you claim, why be annoyed to this degree if it's in the game again? You didn't partake in the coding labor required to bring it back in the game's code. You just pay 15$ a month, and that's the end of your contribution.

    I refuse to believe that there are people out there that collapse into feelings of dread at the thought of having more buttons to press in a video game. It's cartoonishly stupid and a caricature worthy of sitcoms.
    In which case would you need Hunter's mark outside pvp, raid or mm+ ?

    When looking at how it is implemented, it reminds me of the flame's shock Shaman. You will need to weave it after an aimshot for it to be worthwhile on low hp target.
    Obviously, it makes the hunter weaker on frequent target switch. It is only for MM or BM is affected as well ?

  3. #263
    Bloodsail Admiral Srg56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed location in southeast Asia
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Just to jump in for a second, and ask if you’re even going to answer is his/her post? Or are you just going to make an argument that doesn’t exist to try and dodge what he/she brought up?
    You seem to not know much about arenas or actually think that his reply was a gacha moment. Hunters have always been a difficult class to rank up in arenas with and rogues have always had better synergy with almost every class except maybe warriors. Due to their toolbox, rogues are one of the best classes to do arenas with.

    He initially changed the topic from hunter's mark being an effective tool to hunters not being very good at their supposed job, which was countering rogues, and he didn't specify anything else or go in depth. I then replied that hunters have plenty of tools to deal with rogues to which he again changed the topic to the hunter class not being very good in arenas compared to rogues.


    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    In which case would you need Hunter's mark outside pvp, raid or mm+ ?
    Personally, i don't mind constantly using the ability on every mob. I had it keybinded to Q and used it way before i even got in range of the target. Having an attack power boost on it always felt nice but i'm for removing it and keeping the rest of the functionality if others don't like it. For me, hunter's mark is mostly a pvp tool. In pve, it has much less use, except maybe for pointing out mobs to others. I hope you're not strictly equating arenas with "pvp" here. There's random battlegrounds and world pvp in which you really need it to prevent targets from escaping. That's the context in which i grew to appreciate the ability.

    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    When looking at how it is implemented, it reminds me of the flame's shock Shaman. You will need to weave it after an aimshot for it to be worthwhile on low hp target.
    Obviously, it makes the hunter weaker on frequent target switch. It is only for MM or BM is affected as well ?
    As for it's implementation, i would point to the following post, earlier in the thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    Remove damage increase from it. Keep stealth detection. Then you have an ability that isn't always useful, but when you actually use it, it's meaningful.
    Having damage increase on it just so that you use it on everything you attack is stupid and boring.
    I have nothing against this, because it keeps the function, without bothering others who don't want to keep using an ability that only provides an attack power boost outside PvP content.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    You seem to not know much about arenas or actually think that his reply was a gacha moment. Hunters have always been a difficult class to rank up in arenas with and rogues have always had better synergy with almost every class except maybe warriors. Due to their toolbox, rogues are one of the best classes to do arenas with.

    He initially changed the topic from hunter's mark being an effective tool to hunters not being very good at their supposed job, which was countering rogues, and he didn't specify anything else or go in depth. I then replied that hunters have plenty of tools to deal with rogues to which he again changed the topic to the hunter class not being very good in arenas compared to rogues.




    Personally, i don't mind constantly using the ability on every mob. I had it keybinded to Q and used it way before i even got in range of the target. Having an attack power boost on it always felt nice but i'm for removing it and keeping the rest of the functionality if others don't like it. For me, hunter's mark is mostly a pvp tool. In pve, it has much less use, except maybe for pointing out mobs to others. I hope you're not strictly equating arenas with "pvp" here. There's random battlegrounds and world pvp in which you really need it to prevent targets from escaping. That's the context in which i grew to appreciate the ability.


    As for it's implementation, i would point to the following post, earlier in the thread:


    I have nothing against this, because it keeps the function, without bothering others who don't want to keep using an ability that only provides an attack power boost outside PvP content.
    Obviously, I would like to see the dmg boost removed and baked in the others abilities. And we could keep the utilities on it for pvp and pve.

    That is what I was pointed out, quite subtly.

  5. #265
    Bloodsail Admiral Srg56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed location in southeast Asia
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Obviously, I would like to see the dmg boost removed and baked in the others abilities. And we could keep the utilities on it for pvp and pve.

    That is what I was pointed out, quite subtly.
    I would apologize for not reading your reply carefully enough to grasp your effort to push the discussion in that direction, which we both agree on, if you had read the thread carefully enough to see that i agreed with this same suggestion two pages ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    This is actually a very good idea because it takes away the OCD some people have of always being optimal when doing anything in the game.



    The ability's main purpose is to literally tag players you choose so you know where they are at all times, even if they turn invisible or go into stealth. It even shows them on your mini map. As much as i like interesting abilities which chain into others like combos in fighting games, some should just be simple but effective.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You don´t even have to use it, make a macro..
    If you don't use it you give up a whopping 5% damage. It's on the GCD so it can't be macroed in transparently.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •