Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Ya'll don't macro it to /petattack?
    That is what i am wondering i have had it macro'd to petattack since vanilla lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Probably becuase it wasn't as great as people claim it to be and thats a lot of assumptions on your part. Nobody here is raging against classic not until SOMEBODY decided to slam retail in a passive aggressive way.
    Haha, only saw his post because you quoted it. What an excellent display of the delusions some have. Nevermind the dehumanizing choice of words and alluding to my medical history for cheap points.

"2 hours per day raging about Classic", what a fairytale. As if I don't have better things to do with my time. Projection at its finest.

Anyway, you're completely correct, of course. Gotta love how they respond in a Surprised Pikachu-esque way to the response they get from sneering and posting toxic shit about Retail's players in threads about Retail rather than the safe space they've got to themselves.

Also gotta love how it's now shifted to unworthy players having started in Cata or MoP. When I started, being a Wrath-baby was the lowest form one could have according to the Muhnilla-folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    That is what i am wondering i have had it macro'd to petattack since vanilla lol
    I'm not sure it works with the way Hunter's Mark currently functions, I can try with MM though. I've got /petattack + ability use bound to every offensive ability to ensure swift target-switching for BM/SV.

Like this:

#showtooltip
    /petattack
    /cast Barbed Shot
    /cast Claw(Basic Attack)
    /cast Bite(Basic Attack)
    /cast Smack(Basic Attack)

Edit: No, didn't work, and binding petattack to it would mean needing 2 buttons, one for mid-fight target-switching, 1 for throwing it on pre-fight.

So, rather redundant. Maybe things will work differently in SL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I think Hunter's Mark on GCD feels bad, but I do like an approach where a cleave-like ability like Multishot or Carve/Butchery can spread Hunter's Mark to everything, and then have it be consumed by an ability. Then the Hunter's Mark interacts with other abilities and can be something you consider, as opposed to something you just mindlessly keep active and refresh when the duration expires. Another approach would be to make Hunter's Mark a powerful burst CD, but at that point the perspective of persistently choosing the target goes away which I think was the initial intent behind the ability.

I think the "applied by ability, consumed by ability" is probably the best way to go about Hunter's Mark.
    I could get behind that first suggestion. Having it as another CD would just add to the pile of CD's, so to speak, unless they turned it into a 1-minute CD during which's window of cooldown, X ability transferred it to any new target. And maybe it could give some utility to other players as well? Percentages of spell damage taken for casters or some such.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-05-15 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Haha, only saw his post because you quoted it. What an excellent display of the delusions some have. Nevermind the dehumanizing choice of words and alluding to my medical history for cheap points.

"2 hours per day raging about Classic", what a fairytale. As if I don't have better things to do with my time. Projection at its finest.

Anyway, you're completely correct, of course. Gotta love how they respond in a Surprised Pikachu-esque way to the response they get from sneering and posting toxic shit about Retail's players in threads about Retail rather than the safe space they've got to themselves.

Also gotta love how it's now shifted to unworthy players having started in Cata or MoP. When I started, being a Wrath-baby was the lowest form one could have according to the Muhnilla-folks.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure it works with the way Hunter's Mark currently functions, I can try with MM though. I've got /petattack + ability use bound to every offensive ability to ensure swift target-switching for BM/SV.

Like this:

#showtooltip
    /petattack
    /cast Barbed Shot
    /cast Claw(Basic Attack)
    /cast Bite(Basic Attack)
    /cast Smack(Basic Attack)

Edit: No, didn't work, and binding petattack to it would mean needing 2 buttons, one for mid-fight target-switching, 1 for throwing it on pre-fight.

So, rather redundant. Maybe things will work differently in SL.

- - - Updated - - -

I could get behind that first suggestion. Having it as another CD would just add to the pile of CD's, so to speak, unless they turned it into a 1-minute CD during which's window of cooldown, X ability transferred it to any new target. And maybe it could give some utility to other players as well? Percentages of spell damage taken for casters or some such.

I'm not sure what you are getting at...

/cast hunter's mark
    /petattack

works, unless you are trying to double up on the /petattack button with those other abilities. Hunter's Mark consumes a global, so you would have to /castsequence it with something else like Barbedshot.

I keep Hunter's Mark+petattack and then I have another petattack/petpassive sequence macro for general pet control.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I wouldn’t bother debating these people man. You’ll notice most MMO-C forum posters absolutely despise the old days of WoW. You can see they didn’t even play during them and they all came after Cataclysm or MoP. So to them those versions prior to MoP have nothing good at all. Luckily for us the sub numbers kind of proved the type of game the majority liked since numbers constantly rose more and more year after year until the game had changed far too much and it was time for the drop off the cliff. Blizzard are realizing now though that they need to start catering a little more towards us. Look what they recently said, how the Asian players love classic so much and that type of gameplay. That combined with how every company caters to China now means were likely to keep seeing the type of game we like come back over time.

PS: Since I’ll be leaving after I post this as anytime I make a comment that is remotely positive about the older versions of WoW I get 20 negative responses let me just add one more thing. Don’t bother debating the hamster person. I’ve only ever put one person on ignore in my decade plus time on this website and it was that person for being... “special” if you catch my meaning. That person spends I think at the very least two hours every single day on here raging against classic. It seems to take it as an insult that people are playing classic so it spends all its time trying to bring everyone down into the muck.
    I will simply say I have been playing the game since Vanilla. The old talent trees were an absolute mess. Just because you're clicking a button every level doesn't mean it's better than current talent trees. That's absolutely an illusion. As I've said, the current talent system isn't perfect but it's absolutely WORLDS better than the mess of the old talent trees.

Like people have noted, having it on the GCD feels bad. I hate CDs being on the GCD, it feels like shit, I haven't liked it since the beginning of the slowing down of gameplay introduced this expansion. At the same time, having it off the GCD is pointless.

Easy solution for HM:

1. Take it off the GCD.
    2. Give it a long-ish CD, like 1 minute (but it still has the infinite duration), so you can't just macro it to an attack, otherwise you risk "wasting" it by simply refreshing it off CD on your target that already has it.
    3. Make a talent that either a) applies a mass mark, or b) lowers the CD to something like 15s, for mass-AOE situations and high-frequency priority add situations. Maybe even both in one talent.
    4. Make the talent relevant on its row, something which hasn't really happened for hunters in a long ass fucking time.

Either that, or it should be a passive attached to KC/Raptor Strike/Aimed Shot, and puts the big red arrow up for people to see and be like, "Muh RPG!" about.

What was the REASON behind its return anyway?

Was it just that they thought hunters needed more buttons to press and their target-switching should become more complicated? Or what?

Was anyone actually asking for (functional) HM to come back the way it is?

10+ Year Old Account
    But muh immershun.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'm sincerely worried, seems they're not reworking classes as much as simply returning lots of shit to press. Guess that's what happens when the loudest screecher's feedback never amounts to anything more substantial than "TOO FEW BUTTONS TO PRESS!!"...
    its always amusing to me to see this,when they pruned abilities people cried,when they add em back people cry,it just shows that blizz can never please even half the playerbase,and that people will always find something to complain about,btw im not saying your wrong or right,just an observation

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its always amusing to me to see this,when they pruned abilities people cried,when they add em back people cry,it just shows that blizz can never please even half the playerbase,and that people will always find something to complain about,btw im not saying your wrong or right,just an observation
    Somewhat agree, but I think the deeper issue most people gloss over to try and get to their main point is the types of abilities being added back.
    Just my 2 cents, Hunters didn’t really need anything added back. EotB could be okay if it works in a way that allows trash skipping, thereby allowing a Hunter to be taken in place of a Rogue from the AoE vanish not being necessary. HM being brought back isn’t as big of an issue; however, with it added to the GCD after Blizzard made so many things GCD related just adds another action to do before you can actually damage anything. On any type of target swapping fight it’s going to feel bad having to apply it to every new target because it’s another ability that doesn’t do damage.
    Say your raid leader calls out a hard priority target swap and you have BW and AotW ready to go. You now have to apply HM (1.5 secs), pop BW (1.5 secs), and then use AotW (1.5 secs), which means you’ve gone thru 4.5 seconds before you even press an ability to do damage. It just doesn’t feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Somewhat agree, but I think the deeper issue most people gloss over to try and get to their main point is the types of abilities being added back.
    Just my 2 cents, Hunters didn’t really need anything added back. EotB could be okay if it works in a way that allows trash skipping, thereby allowing a Hunter to be taken in place of a Rogue from the AoE vanish not being necessary. HM being brought back isn’t as big of an issue; however, with it added to the GCD after Blizzard made so many things GCD related just adds another action to do before you can actually damage anything. On any type of target swapping fight it’s going to feel bad having to apply it to every new target because it’s another ability that doesn’t do damage.
    Say your raid leader calls out a hard priority target swap and you have BW and AotW ready to go. You now have to apply HM (1.5 secs), pop BW (1.5 secs), and then use AotW (1.5 secs), which means you’ve gone thru 4.5 seconds before you even press an ability to do damage. It just doesn’t feel good.
    well hunters dont rly have any room to cry,bm has an extremly easy life with 100% mobile dps and no casts,one global wont kill em,and marks are very strong for quick target swaps compared to most ranged

well hunters dont rly have any room to cry,bm has an extremly easy life with 100% mobile dps and no casts,one global wont kill em,and marks are very strong for quick target swaps compared to most ranged
    It’s the global on top of other globals.
    Does your point also mean that since Fire Mages usually always are #1 at the end of every xpac it’s okay to give them 2-4 globals added on? Or that Warlocks and Spriests who excel at spread dots should also have a global added on?
    Honestly, BM has been exceedingly good at how many tiers in the past? Very few. Give them a good tier here and there and people suddenly cry about how they are 100% mobile. It’s sad.
    The point is this: globals don’t need to be added in the way HM is, and it upsets some players because of it. I’ve never been a fan of Hunters Mark and I don’t enjoy it coming back. Now, that might change if they also revert it to increase everyone’s AP against the target again, as Hunters having some raid buffing utility would be nice. Honestly, I’d like for every class to have raid buffs back. Give Paladins raid wide blessings, Locks have good curses, etc.
    HM only affecting the Hunter and using up a non damaging GCD every target swap is annoying.

I feel most of the complaints about stuff being on gcd could be easily solved by letting stuff do initial damage about the same amount the third highest ability does; so you'd have an incentive to weave it into your "rotation" other than applying a debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s the global on top of other globals.
    Does your point also mean that since Fire Mages usually always are #1 at the end of every xpac it’s okay to give them 2-4 globals added on? Or that Warlocks and Spriests who excel at spread dots should also have a global added on?
    Honestly, BM has been exceedingly good at how many tiers in the past? Very few. Give them a good tier here and there and people suddenly cry about how they are 100% mobile. It’s sad.
    The point is this: globals don’t need to be added in the way HM is, and it upsets some players because of it. I’ve never been a fan of Hunters Mark and I don’t enjoy it coming back. Now, that might change if they also revert it to increase everyone’s AP against the target again, as Hunters having some raid buffing utility would be nice. Honestly, I’d like for every class to have raid buffs back. Give Paladins raid wide blessings, Locks have good curses, etc.
    HM only affecting the Hunter and using up a non damaging GCD every target swap is annoying.
    firemages need to put much more work in their dps than a bm,so no not rly,people cry about bm because of how easy their life is,and wile they arent always nr1,they arent really far away...look at surv hunter or windwalker or feral,specs far harder to play and they have seen zero tier where they arent bellow middle

lol blizz listens to community feedback and gives back flavor abilities
    community complains -CLASSIC!

Unpruning is being sold as a feature of shadowlands. If they just added the abilities back in I doubt anyone would give a shit, the problem is the nature of the abilities and blizzard touting that as content.

2-second corruption for flavour with no valid use just because? Sure why not. 2-second corruption with no valid use case when you're being told the unpruning is a feature of the new expansion is going to leave a bad taste.

Fire blast and Frostbolt being available to arcane even though you will never under any circumstances (not even when kicked in pvp) us them is great. Fire blast and Frostbolt (which you would never use as arcade because you have spells that do the same thing but better for both) for arcane when the class changes have been lacklustre and the spec is shaping up to feel shitty? No es bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Unpruning is being sold as a feature of shadowlands. If they just added the abilities back in I doubt anyone would give a shit, the problem is the nature of the abilities and blizzard touting that as content.

2-second corruption for flavour with no valid use just because? Sure why not. 2-second corruption with no valid use case when you're being told the unpruning is a feature of the new expansion is going to leave a bad taste.

Fire blast and Frostbolt being available to arcane even though you will never under any circumstances (not even when kicked in pvp) us them is great. Fire blast and Frostbolt (which you would never use as arcade because you have spells that do the same thing but better for both) for arcane when the class changes have been lacklustre and the spec is shaping up to feel shitty? No es bueno.
    sure,but it makes sense that a mage be familiar with multiple schools of magic,not master all ofc but have some knowlege of a few

sure,but it makes sense that a mage be familiar with multiple schools of magic,not master all ofc but have some knowlege of a few
    Which is what I said?

That point of my post is it makes sense that people are expressing their displeasure about random arbitrary unpruning because it's being touted as a feature of the expansion. If they had just done it alongside the other changes no one would have cared.

How much damage do you get from hunters mark?

Isn't that the important question? If it only does like 5% and takes up a gcd you will only cast it at stuff before the fight or when infight if the mob stays alive for more than 30~ seconds.

Doesn't seem too bad to me.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-05-16 at 04:07 PM.

I like how after how many pages, people are still unable to properly elaborate why a debuff with 100% uptime and a gcd is somehow better than having that damage baked in to your abilities, thus not needing the garbage gcd.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    I'm okay with it coming back. but it really shouldn't be on the GCD.
    This might still change. Ion said that Blizzard are willing to take certain spells of the GCD based on feedback.