Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    They just axed the ability all together, it no longer gives a damage buff.

No, it still exists, they just removed the cooldown and damage buff. It'll still be used in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    No, it still exists, they just removed the cooldown and damage buff. It'll still be used in PvP.
    Right, so basically they removed it. It really doesn't need to exist anymore. It's such a niche use in PVP when flare still exists and does almost nothing in PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    IBeing forced to interact with the macro system is clunky.
    Welcome to healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Right, so basically they removed it. It really doesn't need to exist anymore. It's such a niche use in PVP when flare still exists and does almost nothing in PVE.
    Flare and hunter's mark have different uses but ok

They certainly removed it for PvE, I won't be binding the key.

And I'm very happy with that.

Same.

Keep it for PvP(or w/e people feel that they need the stealth-prevention).

I'm fine with it. The fact is the GCD, being on GCD ruin everything =/

Word. Keep the random utility stuff by all means, as long as it doesn't affect serious PvE that's totally cool. Best solution for all involved right now, I'd say.

Healing is clunky, so is tanking tbh. There is so much information hidden with threat that its just not really servicable as a system and addons are required to get the best out of it.
    Healbot makes healing feem significantly better, but it really feels like you are managing numbers on a spreadsheet rather than playing a game, it kind of sucks that so much of wow is battling the interface.

Meh, as long as it's not entirely gone. Flavor abilities are missed, ever since the "if it serves no purpose remove it" pruning started we lost a lot of fun abilities. It was a button you pushed so infrequently and some of you made it out like the whole game experience was ruined for you. All they had to do was balance AoE without it and ST with it.

EotB hasn't been touched so it's all good still.
    I'm a thread killer.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is really simple to use it. All you have to do is mark your target (boss) before you guys even pull. Don't have to worry about GCD or anything. Don't see why people are bitching over something that can be cast on a target while you guys are buffing, eating, or fapping before a boss pull.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Ya'll don't macro it to /petattack?
    I have that macro on my hunters and have a stand alone HM right next to it for when I'm doing dungeons or raids so I can mark it before we even pull shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post

Do you even do PVP? It lets you see rogues after they vanish during stealth everything. So if you are say CC and they vanish before u can flare you can still see them. If they are attacking a teammate in a BG and you mark them you can still see them. If you mark them and die in a BG you can still see them.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    It is really simple to use it. All you have to do is mark your target (boss) before you guys even pull. Don't have to worry about GCD or anything. Don't see why people are bitching over something that can be cast on a target while you guys are buffing, eating, or fapping before a boss pull.

I have that macro on my hunters and have a stand alone HM right next to it for when I'm doing dungeons or raids so I can mark it before we even pull shit.
    The problem wasnt when you used it on single target bosses where you never switched priority target, or otherwise had adds die fast enough that marking them was pointless.
    The annoyance came from M+, or add heavy boss/council boss fights where target switching was relatively constant, in such a situation the optimal usage of the ability was a constant annoyance for little reason.

In a dev post way back the developers explained that they viewed a useless ability as one you had to use to make your other abilities work, and Hunter's Mark was the prime example of that. There was no good reason given why it had to have a damage component tied to it, there was in BfA when it was a MM talent, but not when it is a baseline ability for all the specs.
    The world revamp dream will never die!