Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Seriously, f**k Hunters Mark

I don't want it in Shadowlands. It's boring and using a gcd on it hurts my stomach everytime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I know most will just say, "it's just one button and you only have to hit it once", but it just seems like a needless necessity. An extra button to press with little interactivity with it's most major benefit mostly being for PVP for stealth tracking.

I can't wait for someone to post a war and peace length dissertation explaining how because hunters mark existed before the subjective point they believed class design turned bad that it is the single deepest and most intricately designed spell to ever exist.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-05-15 at 03:39 PM.

I feel like it used to auto apply via arcane shot...when did that stop?

Ya'll don't macro it to /petattack?

Meh, I don't really mind it but I can see why some people wouldnt like it. I personally like to have fun with it and mark people while passing by and watch them panic for a sec

I'm sincerely worried, seems they're not reworking classes as much as simply returning lots of shit to press. Guess that's what happens when the loudest screecher's feedback never amounts to anything more substantial than "TOO FEW BUTTONS TO PRESS!!"...

I'm okay with it coming back. but it really shouldn't be on the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Agreed. I know most will just say, "it's just one button and you only have to hit it once", but it just seems like a needless necessity. An extra button to press with little interactivity with it's most major benefit mostly being for PVP for stealth tracking.
    Fun fact it is able to be reversed magic'd by a demon hunter to put the mark on the hunter who cast it always fun :P

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'm sincerely worried, seems they're not reworking classes as much as simply returning lots of shit to press. Guess that's what happens when the loudest screecher's feedback never amounts to anything more substantial than "TOO FEW BUTTONS TO PRESS!!"...
    Yeah, it's a weird design issue that creates something professionals call "a feedback of bullshit".

1) Boring abilities that don't do much are getting macroed together - solution, remove them.
    2) Without those abilities specs feel slow and terrible to play, introduce some again, but give them a GCD so they can't be macroed
    3) With GCD on all abilities specs feel slow and empty, let's reintroduce some of the rest of missing abilities
    4) GCD problem becomes even more annoying, having to press so much stuff and waiting around before actually fighting mobs - solution, remove some stuff from GCD
    5) Were back at macroing things together, so, I guess we'll be back at 1) soon.

Long term solution would be to make sure all the abilities have cool and meaningful immediate effect, but that would require more work than just fucking with some variables.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    I don't want it in Shadowlands. It's boring and using a gcd on it hurts my stomach everytime.
    An ability in an online video game physically hurts your stomach? You have some underlying health issues if that's the case.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    I'm okay with it coming back. but it really shouldn't be on the GCD.
    Seriously it should just be a debuff caused by our main spell aka kill command/aimed shot/mongoose bite depending on spec. When target switching, unless its a very short lived mob, we will just be pressing 1 button to apply it then going into our rotation anyway so why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it, but I guess to each their own.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yeah, it's a weird design issue that creates something professionals call "a feedback of bullshit".

1) Boring abilities that don't do much are getting macroed together - solution, remove them.
    2) Without those abilities specs feel slow and terrible to play, introduce some again, but give them a GCD so they can't be macroed
    3) With GCD on all abilities specs feel slow and empty, let's reintroduce some of the rest of missing abilities
    4) GCD problem becomes even more annoying, having to press so much stuff and waiting around before actually fighting mobs - solution, remove some stuff from GCD
    5) Were back at macroing things together, so, I guess we'll be back at 1) soon.

Long term solution would be to make sure all the abilities have cool and meaningful immediate effect, but that would require more work than just fucking with some variables.
    Yup, I'm 100% convinced that 10.0 or 11.0 will have a "feature" of "revamping the classes, removing unnecessary bloat".

it should of been folded into arcane shot years ago like slow was folded into arcane blast for a time.
    this allows both the preventive marking of an unstealthed rogue or druid in pvp with the hunter's mark ability, and allowing for a more ready usage of it in general combat by it's application by arc shot.

You use it before a fight starts. Why would putting it on the gcd even matter then?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yup, I'm 100% convinced that 10.0 or 11.0 will have a "feature" of "revamping the classes, removing unnecessary bloat".
    right, don't bet on it after Wod to bfa being pathetically unpopular.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calucias View Post
    You use it before a fight starts. Why would putting it on the gcd even matter then?
    if it's not meant to be used in combat, why would you even put it on the GCD in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Calucias View Post
    Ever heard of target-switching...?

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    right, don't bet on it after Wod to bfa being pathetically unpopular.

- - - Updated - - -

if it's not meant to be used in combat, why would you even put it on the GCD in the first place?
    WoD TO BfA? If you think Legion was unpopular, you're smoking.

And BfA's performance is not even comparable to WoD in any metric, be it sales, MAUs or design efforts. WoD's class design however, was one of its boons according to feedback on what it did right. Especially in light of BfA's class "design". Raids and class gameplay = what allowed many of us to still enjoy that sham of an expansion effort from the team.

The fact that SL seems to be more about pleasing some arbitrary metric of buttons to press than clever design has me worried.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-05-15 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    it should of been folded into arcane shot years ago like slow was folded into arcane blast for a time.
    this allows both the preventive marking of an unstealthed rogue or druid in pvp with the hunter's mark ability, and allowing for a more ready usage of it in general combat by it's application by arc shot.
    this is literally how it worked in MoP. no idea why they are going back to this archaic design