Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sure, there are lots of ways to change HM so the button feels good to press. That AE funnel would be interesting because it adds actual gameplay, you would need to make a decision as to how to proceed, and it would give hunters a situational (yet minor) edge over other classes in AE groups with a priority target.

I'm all for changing HM to offer real gameplay and making it cool. Anything so long as it isn't a boring button you press to make your other buttons work right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaand now it has a 60 yard range and 20 second cooldown. Seems like someone at blizzard plays a rogue. I played a rogue back in vanilla too and hunters marking me from the other side of the battleground was annoying, but i dealt with it. It's no use to argue anymore, because it seems like bigger interests with more influence are out there. Just gonna keep playing my warrior and paladin. Hunter will keep gathering more dust like it's been doing for 2 expacs now.

It's a pity that the playerbase got conditioned like pavlov's pets into having a knee jerk reaction to anything that isn't linked to their rotation. Like nothing can just be there and have it's specific niche, everything has to be on one bar and constantly being mashed for the dmg meters.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

I know it was a 100 yard range at one point, but wasn't it 60y throughout BFA? At any rate, that's a very small change, but it does indeed make it slightly worse. Impressive how they keep taking an ability that hunters overwhelmingly hate in the wrong direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Aaaaand now it has a 60 yard range and 20 second cooldown. Seems like someone at blizzard plays a rogue. I played a rogue back in vanilla too and hunters marking me from the other side of the battleground was annoying, but i dealt with it. It's no use to argue anymore, because it seems like bigger interests with more influence are out there. Just gonna keep playing my warrior and paladin. Hunter will keep gathering more dust like it's been doing for 2 expacs now.

It's a pity that the playerbase got conditioned like pavlov's pets into having a knee jerk reaction to anything that isn't linked to their rotation. Like nothing can just be there and have it's specific niche, everything has to be on one bar and constantly being mashed for the dmg meters.
    Hunter's mark have 60y for all of the bfa, so they didnt changed that. if they changed that, was way before BFA

Funny enough going from ptr to live and not having hunter's mark is weird, but I have only been doing training dummies on live in which you never have to re-apply hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    'its just one button' is an argument against it if anything.

There is a reason certain abilities were pruned and i have a gut feeling that this expansion is going to be a big reminder of why. I havent seen any abilities coming back that im excited to see other than some of the goofy fun abilities (sentry totem, eyes of the beast and mind soothe since none of them actually affect performance)

We dont need zombie abilities, if they are going to bring it back from the dead they cant leave it in its rotted and decayed state, they need to update it and modernize it.
    There are ways the hunters mark effect can work and feel good, and ways that just suck, they just need to make it not suck.
    Unfortunately, Blizzard needs some way to shut up the idiots that insist that we need all these idiotic and pointless abilities. It's like when a kid keeps crying about why they can't put ketchup on their ice cream. Sometimes you just have to let them at it and force them to sit there at the table to finish the bowl in order to make them learn their lesson.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Sure, the "make the game worse to satisfy a vocal minority" argument, that makes perfect sense.

Wait, no, that's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Unfortunately, Blizzard needs some way to shut up the idiots that insist that we need all these idiotic and pointless abilities. It's like when a kid keeps crying about why they can't put ketchup on their ice cream. Sometimes you just have to let them at it and force them to sit there at the table to finish the bowl in order to make them learn their lesson.
    I really wish players wouldnt beg for clunky crap back, but some people get attached to certain things and post threads that become echo chambers.
    I really didnt want slice and dice back either...

I have 4 level 120/50 BM hunters ready to run Shadowlands, 1 for each Covenant to get all the battle pets, 1 of them will be my main for raiding.

I DO NOT WANT HUNTER'S MARK, SERIOUSLY...EVER! I do not PVP...make HM a PVP talent. Full stop.

oops, spoke too soon...it's gone....yeah!
    Last edited by Emberhunt; 2020-10-06 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Updated sensational news

We won. Hunter's Mark is now optional utility spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    They also removed the stupid cd from it, god damn someone pinch me, its too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I really wish players wouldnt beg for clunky crap back, but some people get attached to certain things and post threads that become echo chambers.
    I really didnt want slice and dice back either...
    Well, it wasn't really clunky to use. It was just a spell that you shoved into a random macro so that you automatically used it when you used other spells.

Then again, considering it's more of a "thematic" spell than a "functional" I don't really see a need to have it in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    We won. Hunter's Mark is now optional utility spell.
    and it only cost you a 5% damage nerf.

wont be the last.

They haven't even done tuning. Calm yourself. Final tuning doesn't even happen til the night before Mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    Even if that turns out to be true, I'm perfectly fine with it.

10+ Year Old Account

wont be the last.
    You clearly mean "grats on the 5% dmg buff"

"next, to make trueshot aura a good cd to press"

Because if you really believe that hunter dmg wouldnt be tuned based on having HM 100% of the time...then...idk what to tell you if you trully believe that is a 5% nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Well, it wasn't really clunky to use. It was just a spell that you shoved into a random macro so that you automatically used it when you used other spells.

Then again, considering it's more of a "thematic" spell than a "functional" I don't really see a need to have it in the game.
    If the proper way to use an ability is to macro it into another ability then its clunky. Being forced to interact with the macro system is clunky.

for anyone missing confirmation of the hunters mark change, here ya go. i hate to say it but apparently people need to start yelling at blizz if they want change. it worked amazing for priests and now hunters.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318382/...damage-compone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post

here is my question to you, if you just macro it into every ability, then why should it exist? it is an unnoticeable "buff" that makes balancing hunters harder because if we had good aoe, our single target will be even better and if our single target is passable, then our aoe will suck. if it kept the damage buff and the gcd, then people will just hate playing the class because they have to press a stupid button that does almost nothing just so they can dps. now imagine that on add fights.

you might not think it is clunky, but it was. not just for gameplay but also for balancing.

wont be the last.
    Even with the 5% damage nerf I would argue that knowing we have no choice but to be a tiny less optimal is better than constantly being punished for it with having the reapply it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

wont be the last.
    Tuning isn't done yet.